MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how to convert 12 point scale to 4 point scale? VoyozooT Academics 2 06-05-2010 05:43 PM
Wrong grade on grade report lululand Academics 35 04-30-2010 07:13 PM
12 Point Grade Average Problem huzaifa47 Academics 29 06-23-2009 01:04 AM

How much grade point is needed to get into mechanical?

Old 10-22-2010 at 05:46 PM   #1
soody

Liked: 3 Times

How much grade point is needed to get into mechanical?
I was wondering how much i'd need regarding the 12 point grading system to get into mechanical. Currently im on a 5. But im working my way up lol.
Thanks
Old 10-23-2010 at 02:41 PM   #2
thompson

Liked: 4 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by soody View Post
I was wondering how much i'd need regarding the 12 point grading system to get into mechanical. Currently im on a 5. But im working my way up lol.
Thanks
From previous thread, last year was apparently around 6.4? If you get 6.5 you should be ok. Had a friend who got 6.0 and got into mech mgmt.
Old 10-23-2010 at 02:58 PM   #3
RTinkess31

Liked: 43 Times

Mech usually has one of, if not the highest entrance grade but a a 7 or higher should get you into whatever you want.
Old 10-23-2010 at 03:00 PM   #4
Boolean

Liked: 169 Times

I remember it being a 6 this year(last school year).

Just get as high as you can. The best advice I can give is don't shoot for whatever the entrance grade is, its actually better to not know it since you'll try to get as high as possible.

if(at_first_you_dont_su cceed) break;

Old 10-23-2010 at 03:04 PM   #5
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

I'm wondering, how come the engineering marks required for second year programs are so (relatively) low?
Old 10-23-2010 at 03:18 PM   #6
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Mech usually has one of, if not the highest entrance grade but a a 7 or higher should get you into whatever you want.

Quote:
I remember it being a 6 this year(last school year)

lolwut?

I'll keep this in mind next time engineers chirp on commerce..

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 10-23-2010 at 03:20 PM   #7
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
I'm wondering, how come the engineering marks required for second year programs are so (relatively) low?
I'm guessing that if they made them any higher, no one will be able to get in. They probably figure out what average is needed for 2nd year based on first year marks from prior years (to ensure that they get appropriate # of students in each program).
Old 10-23-2010 at 03:28 PM   #8
Boolean

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
lolwut?

[/color][/color]

the courses differ in difficulty so comparing avg's isn't 100% accurate.

I'm not saying eng courses are the hardest, im simply saying if someone were to take a bird course elective, it might be easier to get a 9 in that then to get a 6 in physics.

Old 10-23-2010 at 03:29 PM   #9
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

Quote:
lolwut?

[/color][/color]
Are you retarded?

Commerce is nothing compared to engineering, but you fail to understand that because you're in commerce. The average engineer would probably have an 11 average in commerce. And a commerce student would flunk out of engineering.
Old 10-23-2010 at 03:29 PM   #10
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boolean View Post
the courses differ in difficulty so comparing avg's isn't 100% accurate.

I'm not saying eng courses are the hardest, im simply saying if someone were to take a bird course elective, it might be easier to get a 9 in that then to get a 6 in physics.
I'm well aware of that, but you're all in the program for a reason. 6.0 is low, regardless of the program.

Even I could have gotten into Engineer.

Quote:
Are you retarded?

Commerce is nothing compared to engineering, but you fail to understand that because you're in commerce. The average engineer would probably have an 11 average in commerce. And a commerce student would flunk out of engineering.

Are you? I can see how the "lolwut" and the "..." would really instill seriousness.
Don't ****ing hurt yourself.

Apparently you are retarded because nowhere do I say that Commerce is hard... In fact, I only said that comment because all I see on this site is engineers chirping commerce - which I didn't give a **** about till now, since I thought they at least had good averages.

Last edited by lawleypop : 10-23-2010 at 03:32 PM.
Old 10-23-2010 at 03:32 PM   #11
Boolean

Quote:
I'm well aware of that, but you're all in the program for a reason. 6.0 is low, regardless of the program.

Are you? I can see how the "lolwut" and the "..." would really instill seriousness.
[/color][/color]

could have gotten in is different then making it out

Its a "low" average when compared to other departments but keep in mind if a class avg in something like first year eng math goes over a 7, the profs normally bring it down with a killer test (last years third 1zz5 midterm anyone?)

Old 10-23-2010 at 03:33 PM   #12
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by farid View Post
I'm guessing that if they made them any higher, no one will be able to get in. They probably figure out what average is needed for 2nd year based on first year marks from prior years (to ensure that they get appropriate # of students in each program).
Eh..

I have a few friends in engineering second year...
One of them gets high every day, and he has an 11.7 GPA.
One of them comes to school once every few weeks and has a low 11 GPA.
One of them plays games all day and has an 11.9 GPA.

Doesn't seem impossibly hard to get a 5.0...
Old 10-23-2010 at 03:34 PM   #13
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boolean View Post
could have gotten in is different then making it out

Its a "low" average when compared to other departments but keep in mind if a class avg in something like first year eng math goes over a 7, the profs normally bring it down with a killer test (last years third 1zz5 midterm anyone?)
I'd still love physics if it wasn't for my grade 12 fob teacher. That ***** ruined it for me.
(Marlowe?)

ShaRav likes this.
Old 10-23-2010 at 03:38 PM   #14
jajas
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 49 Times

Quote:

Apparently you are retarded because nowhere do I say that Commerce is hard... In fact, I only said that comment because all I see on this site is engineers chirping commerce - which I didn't give a **** about till now, since I thought they at least had good averages.
You honestly have no idea what you are talking about. You courses are a joke. That is why engineers also have an engineering & management program which means that we can do engineering and management at the same time. So yes I restate what I have already said your courses are a joke and if you are in commerce there is no way you would make it. Try doing partial differential courses compared to your bird math courses.
Old 10-23-2010 at 03:39 PM   #15
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajas View Post
You honestly have no idea what you are talking about. You courses are a joke. That is why engineers also have an engineering & management program which means that we can do engineering and management at the same time. So yes I restate what I have already said your courses are a joke and if you are in commerce there is no way you would make it. Try doing partial differential courses compared to your bird math courses.
Because I keep saying that Commerce is hard.

See: 2 years worth of posts about how much Commerce is a joke.

Till then, keep looking like a retard.

And yep, I'm in Commerce because I HAVE to. Not because it was a choice. I guess this logic is the reason you engineers are superior, eh?