MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how to convert 12 point scale to 4 point scale? VoyozooT Academics 2 06-05-2010 05:43 PM
Wrong grade on grade report lululand Academics 35 04-30-2010 07:13 PM
12 Point Grade Average Problem huzaifa47 Academics 29 06-23-2009 01:04 AM

How much grade point is needed to get into mechanical?

Old 10-23-2010 at 03:41 PM   #16
healthsci1
Elite Member

Liked: 113 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajas View Post
You honestly have no idea what you are talking about. You courses are a joke. That is why engineers also have an engineering & management program which means that we can do engineering and management at the same time. So yes I restate what I have already said your courses are a joke and if you are in commerce there is no way you would make it. Try doing partial differential courses compared to your bird math courses.
The courses may not be as difficult as engineering courses but to be successful with a commerce degree requires much more effort then being successful with an engineering degree.
Old 10-23-2010 at 03:47 PM   #17
jajas
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 49 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Because I keep saying that Commerce is hard.

See: 2 years worth of posts about how much Commerce is a joke.

Till then, keep looking like a retard.

And yep, I'm in Commerce because I HAVE to. Not because it was a choice. I guess this logic is the reason you engineers are superior, eh?

Well that is just sad that you are in a program that you do not enjoy. If you don't want to be in commerce just drop out and switch programs
Old 10-23-2010 at 03:50 PM   #18
dmzz
Polymath extraordinaire.

Liked: 51 Times

A lot of engineers end up in Management anyways. Your College degree (major) is one of the most insignificant aspects of your "education." What matters is who you are, what you know, and what you can do. Don't go bashing people for being in a certain faculty or program, when you have absolutely no idea what they know or what they are capable of.

Engineers tend to realize this a few years on the job, either coming back for an MBA or just going into management. I don't have the statistics at hand, but engineering has a very high rate of engineering students not actually working as "engineers" after their degree. I guess this could be said about most programs, however.

Old 10-23-2010 at 03:50 PM   #19
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Well that is just sad that you are in a program that you do not enjoy. If you don't want to be in commerce just drop out and switch programs
Sure. I'll take life-changing advice from a stranger. Great idea!

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 10-23-2010 at 03:54 PM   #20
jajas
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Sure. I'll take life-changing advice from a stranger. Great idea!

I'm not in a position to give you advice. Infact I dont give a **** of what you do with your life. To put it in an easy way I couln't care less of where you end up. But dont ***** and try to diss other programs when you are in no position to judge if you haven't experienced what engineering is about. UNLESS you are one of those people who couldn't handle first year engineering and ended up dropping out.
Old 10-23-2010 at 03:55 PM   #21
Juve
Elite Member

Liked: 117 Times

Anyone can do engineering ..if you are willing to become a nerd and not have a life and study 24/7 , this is the truth
Old 10-23-2010 at 03:56 PM   #22
Juve
Elite Member

All u engineers stfu , go do some studying
Old 10-23-2010 at 03:57 PM   #23
Boolean

Liked: 169 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmzz View Post
A lot of engineers end up in Management anyways. Your College degree (major) is one of the most insignificant aspects of your "education." What matters is who you are, what you know, and what you can do. Don't go bashing people for being in a certain faculty or program, when you have absolutely no idea what they know or what they are capable of.

Engineers tend to realize this a few years on the job, either coming back for an MBA or just going into management. I don't have the statistics at hand, but engineering has a very high rate of engineering students not actually working as "engineers" after their degree. I guess this could be said about most programs, however.
I agree that your major doesn't depict where you will end up but calling it "insignificant" is a bit over the top. You can't exactly work on the mars rover with a music major. Just like how you can't go diagnosing people with just an Eng degree. But I guess my comment is just picking at hairs.

if(at_first_you_dont_su cceed) break;

Old 10-23-2010 at 03:58 PM   #24
Boolean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juve View Post
Anyone can do engineering ..if you are willing to become a nerd and not have a life and study 24/7 , this is the truth

are you trying to get as many 'likes' as possible with attempted witty comments that don't contribute to a discussion?

Old 10-23-2010 at 04:01 PM   #25
dmzz
Polymath extraordinaire.

Liked: 51 Times

To exemplify my earlier post, (because I re-read a comment about "trying to do partial differentiation courses"), look at Pat De Luca.

He is the Systems Administrator for the Center for Spatial Analysis, here at McMaster. In addition, he is also a lecturer. He has taught cross listed upper-year engineering courses, as well as many in the technical side of geography (GIS). This guy knows more math than the average engineer upon graduation. He taught a course in which engineers mocked him, because he has an M.A. in Spatial Analysis (GIS), and was going to teach them something in the realm of differentiations. (Keep in mind this was an upper-year class). One particular *******, said, "I don't think you actually know any of this stuff. You are bullshitting it." Pat, taking particular offence to this, said "okay, let's see." He went into Phd level mathematics and application towards the course, and after a two hour lecture said, "by the way, this is now testable, and you can thank your friend with the big mouth for it." The class average was failing on the test because of it.

tl;dr Don't judge a book by its cover.

Boolean, britb, crazyfree like this.
Old 10-23-2010 at 04:02 PM   #26
Juve
Elite Member

I don't have time to read all the comments , I just get Down to the facts .. U guys write dam essays as comments
Old 10-23-2010 at 04:02 PM   #27
jajas
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmzz View Post

Yes, I agree with you, but what are you trying to prove ? That only means that engineers can actually work in the commerce field but there is no way in hell that someone with a commerce degree is going to end up working as an engineer. The moral of the story is that human resources offices value an engineering degree really high in the job search.
Old 10-23-2010 at 04:05 PM   #28
Boolean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juve View Post
I don't have time to read all the comments , I just get Down to the facts .. U guys write dam essays as comments

I'm not going to argue with you after this comment because this will only fuel the dispute but "getting down to the facts" requires you to actually know whats going on in the thread.

Old 10-23-2010 at 04:07 PM   #29
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
I'm not in a position to give you advice. Infact I dont give a **** of what you do with your life. To put it in an easy way I couln't care less of where you end up. But dont ***** and try to diss other programs when you are in no position to judge if you haven't experienced what engineering is about. UNLESS you are one of those people who couldn't handle first year engineering and ended up dropping out.
Wow, so I posted up a nice little rebuttal and MI ****ing up so here's the tl;dr since I'm not ****ing retyping it.

>MI is nothing but engineers who chirp commerce, regardless of if they have taken a commerce course or not (first year econs don't count)
>I did not give a **** about this till I JUST FOUND OUT how low the averages they have to maintain are
>Maybe you and your engineer friends should stop running your mouths like little bitches, anddd
>Funny how butthurt you get when tables have been reversed.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Last edited by lawleypop : 10-23-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Old 10-23-2010 at 04:10 PM   #30
Boolean

Quote:
Wow, so I posted up a nice little rebuttal and MI ****ing up so here's the tl;dr since I'm not ****ing retyping it.

>MI is nothing but engineers who chirp commerce, regardless of if they have taken a commerce course or not (first year econs don't count)
>I did not give a **** about this till I JUST FOUND OUT how low the averages they have to maintain are
>Maybe you and your engineer friends should stop running your mouths like little bitches, anddd
>Funny how butthurt you get when tables have been reversed.

lol i hope you aren't referring to me since i've kept my cool during this thread.