MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stuff I can't Bring. davidrivers McKay Hall Forum 38 09-13-2011 04:58 PM
What to bring on move in day? ShesTheMan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 14 09-02-2010 01:24 PM
Should I bring my high school stuff? raine First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 08-22-2008 11:38 PM
Do i have to bring this stuff? pinkpony First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 40 08-15-2008 08:34 AM

How much stuff can we bring on move-in day?

Old 06-26-2012 at 11:44 AM   #1
Osama

Liked: 6 Times

How much stuff can we bring on move-in day?
I don't live at home so I basically have to bring all my stuff to rez with me, cause I don't have anywhere else to keep it.

Is there a limit to the number of boxes we can bring? I have three moving boxes and two suitcases full of stuff (clothes, books, bedding, e.t.c.). I'm in a Les Prince single room and I likely won't unpack all of my things. So I'll probably have two suitcases full of stuff I won't immediately need.

I'm wondering if there'll be room to store those suitcases once I move in. Is there someplace I can stow them away?
Also, for those of you who've lived in a Les Prince single before, how many boxes did you bring? Do you think I'll be able to cram all my stuff in one room, based on the number of boxes I have?

Last edited by Osama : 06-26-2012 at 11:55 AM.
Old 06-26-2012 at 11:47 AM   #2
MacNeuro

Liked: 76 Times

You can brings as much things as you can appropriately fit within your room. Keep in mind you can't hoard in your room due to fire code.
Old 06-26-2012 at 12:06 PM   #3
kirsten..!

Liked: 26 Times

i brought like seven boxes in first year haha and it all fit, i was in a double in hedden though, but there was definitely enough storage space for all my stuff (in the wardrobe, on top of the wardrobe, drawers under the bed, in my desk etc)
Old 06-26-2012 at 12:11 PM   #4
Kevinabrahak

Liked: 8 Times

i had a lot of boxes and bags too. I managed everything fine though. In your case, you have no choice but to bring it all in as you have no where specific to store them away for the year !! Im quite sure the residence staff would not provide any additional storage space for you extra baggages, but i think you'll be able to store all in !!