MUGSI still available? Duarch Academics 9 01-02-2009 02:18 AM

MUGSI Full

Old 03-23-2011 at 08:36 AM   #46
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh24 View Post
I just thought someone hit my door with a snowball, so I went out to check. There's a dead bird on my porch
I don't know why I laughed so hard at that.

I can't tell if my day's going well or not so far.

Pros:
- After almost exactly an hour, I got into Mugsi and SOLAR.
- 10:30 class was cancelled.
- Probably going to skip my only other class of the day.

Cons:
- It took an hour to get in.
- One of the courses I wanted to take is full. Wtf.
- I hate how snowy (and snow) days happen on i) the least busy day of the week and ii) the day before a midterm. The last one was also on a Wednesday before Heat Transfer. >.>

On an unrelated note, anyone want to trade Commerce 2BA3 for 2BC3? I'm looking to take the latter.

Edit:

I tried randomly to get in. Made it into Mugsi on my second attempt, Solar on my first, and magically, there was a 2BC3 spot available. ^^ Today will be a good day.

Last edited by Entropy : 03-23-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-23-2011 at 08:37 AM   #47
Amita24

Liked: 0 Times

wtf?!! i can understand the rush at the beginning of school year and at the beginning of a new term...but im sure the WHOLE school doesn't take summer school.

this makes me wonder: what exactly is the number for 'maximum students allowed'...like 10?!! /:|

aaarrrghhh....dealing with this system for past 4 damn years. why doesn't any of the presidential candidates have "improving or changing this stupid mugsi system' point on their agenda??!!

Last edited by Amita24 : 03-23-2011 at 09:43 AM.
Old 03-23-2011 at 08:43 AM   #48
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
I don't know why I laughed so hard at that.
It's alright, I've realized it's not dead so laughter is acceptable now. I did bring it in the house though, because the snow was burying it. I've done this at home and suffered zero consequences of it because they wake up really slowly and I have time to get them outside before they can move much. Hopefully Hamilton birds aren't more aggressive and quicker recoverers than birds back home.

Otherwise, I've set myself up for an awful situation.
Old 03-23-2011 at 08:49 AM   #49
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amita24 View Post
why doesn't any of the presidential candidates have "improving or changing this stupid mugsi system' point in their agenda??!!
What? I thought every candidate had this on their agenda. Mary did and seems to be working on a solution, though according to the pseudo-General Assembly and probably the State of the Union report, it'll take a few years before we actually see results.

I just found it weird that they can use it to win votes; it doesn't (didn't?) seem like the MSU has enough power to do something about it. It's almost as funny as the SRA potentials using "I'll stop tuition from increasing" as part of their campaign.

AelyaS, alh24, lawleypop like this.
Old 03-23-2011 at 09:01 AM   #50
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by giftedchick View Post
same

im past the mugsi threshold... but another solar hill to climb
I didn't know you have to get past Mugsi AND Solar! I thought once you're through Mugsi, you're in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh24 View Post
I'm going to leave it for a while just in case. That happens a lot at my house back home because the front window is really big and they don't seem to notice it's a window. It's so cold and terrible out and I don't want to leave it lying there

I also don't want a bird in my house if it wakes up...

EDIT: My housemate just came in and asked why there's a bird on the porch (because I guess he thinks there's more than one likely answer to that question). I said "I thought someone threw a snowball at our door, and when I went to check, it was there." He said "what the f***, so someone threw a bird at our door?"

... Yeah, that's probably what happened
I'm sorry, I actually just laughed out loud. I feel badly now. It's nice that you took it into your house.

alh24 says thanks to lizziepizzie for this post.

alh24 likes this.
Old 03-23-2011 at 09:02 AM   #51
Bhaltair
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

Amita24, cypher like this.
Old 03-23-2011 at 09:07 AM   #52
Bhaltair
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaltair View Post
F*ck me, I misspelled registration. I never understood why they didn't implement a spell check in MS Paint!

Oh well, least you guys got the idea.
Old 03-23-2011 at 09:10 AM   #53
savannah123

Liked: 4 Times

it's 10:08 and i still cant get into mugsi. this is ridiculous! and when i do log in, my classes will probably be full and i'll end up having to take Ojibwe or Religious Studies Death and Dying.
WTF MAC, WTF.

AelyaS, Amita24 like this.
Old 03-23-2011 at 09:10 AM   #54
Amita24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaltair View Post
this is exactly how im right now. trying to get in the damned system. almost on the verge of pulling my hair out or else will kill the first person i see. i prefer the second option for aesthetic reasons.
Old 03-23-2011 at 09:18 AM   #55
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

Lets be productive. Who can think of the nastiest acronym for MUGSI?

McMaster Universty Goddamn Sucky Infrastructure!
Old 03-23-2011 at 09:25 AM   #56
Bhaltair
Elite Member

They need to make a goddamn queue.

If I click on it for the past hour, someone clicks on it and goes in since it isn't at server capacity at that very second.

Sucks huh?
Old 03-23-2011 at 09:28 AM   #57
savannah123

i am starting to lose my mind. i've been trying to log in since 8:30 and NOTHING. i now understand why Death and Dying is being offered as a course...
all i want is to take a class that actually has something to do with my program; i have no use for Beginners Japanese, or Ojibwe, or some random 3rd year engineering course.
just stop the misery and get rid of MUGSI!

Amita24, santiagoeb like this.
Old 03-23-2011 at 09:38 AM   #58
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Quote:
Originally Posted by savannah123 View Post
i am starting to lose my mind. i've been trying to log in since 8:30 and NOTHING. i now understand why Death and Dying is being offered as a course...
all i want is to take a class that actually has something to do with my program; i have no use for Beginners Japanese, or Ojibwe, or some random 3rd year engineering course.
just stop the misery and get rid of MUGSI!
I wish random third-year Eng courses were offered in the summer. >.>
Old 03-23-2011 at 09:43 AM   #59
ShesTheMan

So I'm trying to sign up for Chem 2OA3
but it says
"You do not have the academic requisites for course: CHEM 2OA3 1 E"

So I looked up the pre-reqs online and it says

Prerequisite(s):
Registration in Honours Chemical Biology. Prerequisite (Beginning 2010-2011): CHEM 1AA3 with a grade of at least C- and registration in Honours Chemical Biology

So you can't take this course unless you're enrolled in Chem Bio?
Old 03-23-2011 at 09:44 AM   #60
savannah123

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=h...:1&um=1&itbs=1

this is what my hand looks like. THANK YOU MAC; i hope you will offer courses on how to cure this...not that anyone would be able to register in them..

Last edited by savannah123 : 03-23-2011 at 09:47 AM.