MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
McMaster Musical Theatre Presents Little Shop of Horrors RianeL MacInsiders Announcements 0 02-09-2010 07:06 PM
Mac Eng Musical Info! micadjems MacInsiders Announcements 1 09-23-2009 10:25 AM
McMaster Musical Theatre Presents Footloose! kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 6 02-17-2009 08:06 PM
Theatre and Film?? thatdudeukno Academics 3 08-24-2008 08:02 PM
Urinetown The Musical Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 11-08-2007 08:54 PM

Musical Theatre

Old 06-14-2009 at 06:10 PM   #1
MKelly

Liked: 0 Times

Musical Theatre
Hi All! So i'm interesting in joining the McMaster Musical Theatre group next year and I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what it's like. Specifically the auditions and the rehearsals. Of course any other tips would be great. Thank you!
Old 06-14-2009 at 06:49 PM   #2
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Hey, I'm not involved but I'm a musical theatre enthusiast and was really interested in the club last year and had emailed the group leader.

This year they are doing Little Shop of Horrors. Auditions would occur in October and you have to prepare a ballad and an upbeat song of your choice. There is also a cold reading and you also do one minute of another talent that you may have (which could be really random like eating a brick of cheese). After that there is a dance audition where you learn in a group and perform it and then there are call backs which would be on the same day. I spoke with the director in the beginning of last year during clubfest (btw. if you do go to clubfest, you could speak to the director about any audition details and ask them about questions you may have) and she said she is extra judgemental on DISNEY songs so don't do those lol. You may want to know if they will have a piano accompanist for you audition though, I'm not sure if there is one but usually in musical auditions, they would have one. So yeah, if there is an accompanist, find that out and bring sheet music for them. Anyways, rehearsals are on Sunday and are 10am-5pm. There is tech week which happens from 10am-10pm and is during reading week. (Very important not to miss this because you are rehearsing in the theatre).

This is their website: www.mcmastermusicalth eatre.com
and this is the executives email address: [email protected]

I hope you have loads of fun

Last edited by sinthusized : 06-14-2009 at 06:59 PM.
Old 06-14-2009 at 07:06 PM   #3
MKelly

Liked: 0 Times

Thank you so much. You really helped!!