MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
thieves stealing... paperplanes Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 13 09-12-2010 09:55 PM
First year and dealing with MUGSI and SOLAR Cliu91 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 06-30-2010 10:35 PM
Dealing with Homesickness rrtt Residence & Off-Campus Living 8 09-21-2009 07:49 AM

need advice on dealing with thieves

Old 01-31-2011 at 10:07 PM   #46
Abid.Hasan

Liked: 86 Times

Locks, laxatives, calling the cops?

What the hell, people, come on.

Have you tried talking to them? Like having a real talk? A real talk does not include leaving passive aggressive notes on your fridge or whining to your landlord(who I imagine can't possibly give a shit about something like this).

These are human beings and unless you just happened to draw 3 absolute monsters I'm pretty sure you can fix this by just having a real conversation about this with them.
Old 01-31-2011 at 10:25 PM   #47
tamarakucera

Liked: 6 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresa View Post
My housemate and I are having some issues with other girls in our house as they constantly steal our food. We've already told our landlord about it and he has told people NOT to open other people's fridges (because we have separate fridges for each group of 2-3 people) but this problem doesn't seem to stop. They've stolen our alcohol, milk, juice, ice cream, took a bite out of our cake (so we had to throw it away) and the list goes on.... These people don't listen and we don't know what to do about it.

My housemate and I were thinking of telling the landlord that we refuse to pay the rent or threaten my other housemates that we'll call the police on them. Seriously, we've lost more than a hundred dollars in groceries and alcohol and you wouldn't normally go to a grocery store and drink w/e you want and take a bite out of things without being arrested so why shouldn't they in this case?

Any advice would be appreciated...
They took a BITE out of your cake so you threw the rest out?! You should have given it to me
Old 02-01-2011 at 09:07 PM   #48
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times

The cake is a lie.

Eternal Fire, ShadowPlay like this.
Old 02-01-2011 at 09:20 PM   #49
pinkpiggydoe

Liked: 14 Times

wow this sucks =(
my housemates and I had a similar situation last year with this one girl .. but she wasn't only stealing our food, she was going into our rooms stealing our stuff (magazines, face creams)

i think you're gonna have to try to catch them on video so you have proof to show the cops (which i do suggest you do after u have concrete evidence).. stealing is stealing.. if someone came into your house to steal something, you would call the cops

best of luck
hopefully they move out next year? or you find a better place
Old 02-01-2011 at 09:25 PM   #50
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Shave their heads while they're sleeping.
Old 02-01-2011 at 09:25 PM   #51
Moson Mo

Liked: 1 Time

wow, what kind of housemates are these!
So, option 1: move the fridge into your room.
option2: as they said, buy a small one.

Then, buy some cheap beer, and add something into it. Place it into the fridge.
Or put something very very sticky onto the holder of the fridge.
have fun with it.
Old 02-01-2011 at 09:27 PM   #52
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarakucera View Post
They took a BITE out of your cake so you threw the rest out?! You should have given it to me
Want my cake?

Its still at the store. But if you say yes, I will pick it up and make sure someone else bit it.
Old 02-05-2011 at 07:09 AM   #53
ViktorVaughn

Liked: 71 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by VastHorizon View Post
I personally would taint the food that they most commonly steal
with my fart / poop. No harm done to them yet you got your revenge.

Deep inside, you know you've succeeded when you can't even look
at them with a straight face.

Ahhh, the smell and taste of victory.

But that's just me...
I once had a roommate who was a complete *******. I exacted revenge with something I like to call the chocolate toothbrush. Tip - If you're going to be a complete scumbag, don't leave your toiletries in a shared bathroom

I kept my stuff in my room and my room locked

The internal satisfaction is so great, you can't even be mad anymore.

As for your situation, I empathize, and would be pretty pissed off myself. I'm not sure what I'd do here. I live on my own these days - my home is my sanctuary, and roommates get old pretty fast.

Afzal likes this.