Filing a complaint about a Professor? eleduc Academics 21 01-24-2010 09:06 PM
Taxes Greco Financial Aid 30 01-18-2010 07:06 PM
Taxes snaps Financial Aid 5 04-19-2009 11:05 PM

need for filing taxes?

Old 03-02-2010 at 10:54 PM   #1
xsanx

Liked: 0 Times

need for filing taxes?
I was wondering if anyone knows which documents are needed from the university to file taxes? I got my T4 in my mailbox and printed out my T22.. what if I got osap? I just don't want to miss any documents. Thanks.
Old 03-02-2010 at 11:00 PM   #2
shes-a-diva*

Liked: 18 Times

depending if OSAP gave you any grants, and how many, you will receive a T4 for them, I personally got 2 T4's from OSAP, as part of my loan consisted of a low-income families grant, and millenium access grant.

you'll also get T4's for any bursaries you applied for and received.
Old 03-02-2010 at 11:05 PM   #3
xsanx

Liked: 0 Times

well on my T4 it only says the entrance $750 that they gave me.. n then on my T22 it says like two thousand something.. i really dont know anything about this stuff its just for my dad lol
Old 03-02-2010 at 11:09 PM   #4
shes-a-diva*

log on to the OSAP website, and see how your funding is divided.

click total funding issued, it'll say how much of your loan was provincial, federal, and see how many parts of it say grant. that'll let u know how many more T4's your getting from OSAP if any.
Old 03-02-2010 at 11:11 PM   #5
shes-a-diva*

also, i'm pretty sure your only allowed to transfer your tuition tax slip T2202a to a parent. and you have to claim the other slips like your bursary T4 and any other ones OSAP will give you for your grants (if you got any).

i'm not 100% sure on that though. someone else on here might be able to confirm this for you.