MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Payment agreement/OSAP uppalss First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-24-2010 07:15 PM
Payment Agreement and Osap?! Mfm12 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-18-2010 06:49 PM
Payment Agreement and OSAP. saeeds5 Financial Aid 1 08-13-2010 03:17 PM
OSAP and Payment Agreement - Payment Options Kathy2 Financial Aid 1 07-04-2010 12:53 PM
OSAP & Payment Agreement feonateresa First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 07-07-2008 09:30 AM

Need OSAP on your Payment Agreement?

The deadline to apply to OSAP in order for it to appear as a payment method on your payment agreement is July 15th. Be sure to apply in time if you need it to reduce your payment on September first.

Applications after the deadline will still be assessed; however it will not appear on your payment agreement as a payment option. This means you will have to pay your tuition from your own pocket or from other sources and OSAP will go into your bank when you pick it up.

https://osap.gov.on.ca/OSAPPortal
Published by

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 07-11-2010 at 02:11 PM   #2
maclover

Liked: 55 Times
does that include sending signature pages or just applying online?

Old 07-11-2010 at 02:22 PM   #3
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maclover View Post
does that include sending signature pages or just applying online?
Just applying, signature pages are due later. It should say exactly when they are due on your OSAP.

Old 07-11-2010 at 09:55 PM   #4
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times
It's better to get the signature pages out of the way though, that way you know what you'll get faster.

Old 07-11-2010 at 09:59 PM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
It's better to get the signature pages out of the way though, that way you know what you'll get faster.
That is very true. But I don't think it makes a difference if you send them in right away. I would say after a week is when you would actually start to delay your entitlement. Because they need to process your OSAP application, they just confirm if you sent in your declarations.

Old 07-11-2010 at 10:15 PM   #6
Kira

Liked: 3 Times
I sent in my application in sometime late June. I was wondering how long it would take for the OSAP option to be up on payment agreement.

Old 07-11-2010 at 10:19 PM   #7
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira View Post
I sent in my application in sometime late June. I was wondering how long it would take for the OSAP option to be up on payment agreement.
You will get an e-mail when it is available. I think it was available in August last year.

Old 07-11-2010 at 10:25 PM   #8
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Liked: 229 Times
How long does income verification take? I had that status for a while

Old 07-11-2010 at 10:34 PM   #9
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdzl View Post
How long does income verification take? I had that status for a while
That doesn't matter, it doesn't affect when you entitlement will be given. I got my status before my income was verified.

Old 07-11-2010 at 11:20 PM   #10
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Liked: 229 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
That doesn't matter, it doesn't affect when you entitlement will be given. I got my status before my income was verified.
So my current status is complete confirmation of enrollment form and income verification.
I don't have to worry about these? am i clear for osap and it will be included when i pay?

Old 07-11-2010 at 11:23 PM   #11
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdzl View Post
So my current status is complete confirmation of enrollment form and income verification.
I don't have to worry about these? am i clear for osap and it will be included when i pay?
You will need to choose OSAP as a payment method when it becomes available in order for it to be included when you pay.

You don't have to worry about those.

Old 07-12-2010 at 05:09 PM   #12
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times
Okay so...

I got access to my signature page and support documents, so that means that I'm good as far as the July 15th deadline goes?

Also, I don't understand this income verification... Weren't most of the numbers "expected numbers?"

What happens if you're off by like 500-1000?

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 07-12-2010 at 05:15 PM   #13
dmzz
Polymath extraordinaire.

Liked: 51 Times
If you are over the 5 grand limit, due to that extra bit, then your OSAP is re-assesed (you may need to repay some OSAP).

lawleypop says thanks to dmzz for this post.

Old 07-12-2010 at 05:15 PM   #14
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Okay so...

I got access to my signature page and support documents, so that means that I'm good as far as the July 15th deadline goes?

Also, I don't understand this income verification... Weren't most of the numbers "expected numbers?"

What happens if you're off by like 500-1000?
Yeah, except the declarations aren't due on the 15th. So that doesn't really make a different for your PA.

As for the income; it's just to give you a good estimate of your entitlement. If your income strays from what you told them, they will adjust it respectively on your second pick-up.

lawleypop says thanks to jhan523 for this post.

Old 07-12-2010 at 05:39 PM   #15
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Yeah, except the declarations aren't due on the 15th. So that doesn't really make a different for your PA.

As for the income; it's just to give you a good estimate of your entitlement. If your income strays from what you told them, they will adjust it respectively on your second pick-up.
Yea, it's more the payment agreement that I'm worried about. Glad I finally got it done (lost my driver's license like 3 days ago, lol >_<)

Yea, I'm still confused. XD

'Cause I have a job right now but it's only till the end of July (it's a contract job). I've made about 1200 so far and will probably make around 2000 total. So they won't assume that it's a permanent job and I'll continue to have income even though I put 0 for some of the fields?

I'm just worried about them being like "uz a lier!" and not giving me anything, lol. XD

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search