MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tv in room? adt92 Gaming 6 09-09-2010 04:37 PM
What are you filling your room with? :D Jeger First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 14 08-22-2010 10:22 AM
Single Room saigalhz Residence & Housing 10 06-01-2009 12:15 AM

Need a Room Badly !!

Old 05-17-2010 at 11:32 AM   #1
Venny

Liked: 0 Times

Need a Room Badly !!
Hi,

I am looking for a room for starting uni in sep this year 2010.

If anyone is looking for an indian or closer roommate, please contact me.

Or if anyone is leaving uni in sep then also please let me know.

I tried considering commuting from brampton to mac evry day.. but i think that wud be really tuff.

Please help me find a good room.

thanks
Old 05-17-2010 at 01:32 PM   #2
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

http://macoffcampus.mcmaster .ca/cl...ex.php?catid=6

Good Luck! I also found that walking around an area and writing down the numbers on any house that had a "for rent" sign worked out well.
Old 05-17-2010 at 01:45 PM   #3
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

I was about to post the same link :p

You can also try going directly to Mac to ask at the Off-Campus Resource Center, they have great people working there who will not only help you find a place, but will help you know exactly what to ask the landlord and what to look out for. There are usually several ads posted around campus that you can look at while you're there/

For my first year I didn't find my room till June/July. If you're looking for a full house you need to start looking early, but individual rooms are easy to find during the summer. No need to panic! You'll have a blast living off campus!
Old 05-17-2010 at 02:05 PM   #4
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 473 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venny View Post

I tried considering commuting from brampton to mac evry day.. but i think that wud be really tuff.
I did this this past school year after living on residence for 2 years. It really wasn't so bad, you save money and you can live at home, with the comforts of home, which I liked. Its a little tough to get used to and depending on class times it can be a little hard in the morning but overall it wasn't really tough. For 8:30 classes I generally took the 6:45 bus, but you could take the 7:15 and still make it on time. For 9:30 I took the 7:45, but again you could take the 8:15 bus and still make it. The best part about getting on the 47A in Brampton (the express bus) is that less people get on at the Bramalea Go Station than at Sqaure One, so you get first pick of seats and can always get a seat.

Its always less than an hour ride and the buses are comfortable imo. I'd always just sleep on the way and listen to my music.

That said monthly passes are now $250 from Bramalea Go to McMaster so for around $120 more a month you can probably live off-campus. That said if you're not living at home you also have to buy food etc.

There's give and take, but commuting every day from Brampton can be done.
Old 05-17-2010 at 07:34 PM   #5
lmasud

Liked: 33 Times

Try 138 Broadway. I dont have a phone number, but they always have single rooms available
Old 05-17-2010 at 09:06 PM   #6
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venny View Post
If anyone is looking for an indian or closer roommate, please contact me.
What does this mean? I'm so confused ?
Old 05-17-2010 at 10:27 PM   #7
kumara

Liked: 7 Times

There is a room available but i don't know if you like it though cuz right now there are 5 girls and 1 guy living in this house. I know that the 3 girls will be for sure living there , 1 guy will be living there not sure about the other 2 girls. the house is on 1014 main street west. The rent is pretty cheap but it's in the basement, it's 320$ for 8 month lease + utilities but it is completely furnished ( like res) it's about 12 min walk to Mac ( according to google map) and the room is Large. There is a window in the room too. The house is for 7 people , 2 washrooms , 2 kitchens, nice back yard, bus stop is infront of the house , and the Go bus pick up is across the street. Also it's close to westdale.

I think the room on main floor is renting for 350 or 360 per month for 8 month lease as well. If you're interested you can contact:

[email protected] com

There are pictures available if you are interested.

(This is prolly going to be the cheapest you can get )
Old 05-18-2010 at 07:01 AM   #8
Venny

hey u guys are awsome..

I have had couple of answers to help me find a room..

One thing.. If anybody commute frm brampton via car, please let me know . I can share the gas expenses wid u and can make out a way if feasible..

thanks for response guys..
Old 05-18-2010 at 07:06 AM   #9
Venny

hey Kathy,

my bad. i meant south asian.. I aprticularly dont have any issues living with other nationalities girls but just to avoid compatilbity issues.. which i hope there wont be any..

Thanks
Old 05-23-2010 at 02:40 PM   #10
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

You could also check the macinsiders marketplace here: http://www.macinsiders.com/sr_classifieds.php
Although, I don't think any ads will be up until end of august, or closer to the beginning of the year.
Old 05-24-2010 at 05:02 PM   #11
l0nd0n

hi, me and my roommate are looking for more girls to live with us in our student house on Lower Horning Rd. Let me know if you want more info. thanks!
Old 05-28-2010 at 12:40 PM   #12
l0nd0n

Hi, i sent you a message before about the student house. I am showing it next weekend so let me know if you are free then and email me back. Thanks.
Old 05-28-2010 at 01:14 PM   #13
erinterpol

Hey, are you still looking for a place to stay?
The house is literally a 2 (maybe less) minute walk to McMaster University. It is across Cootes Dr, so it's near the Go Stations, as well. The house currently has 5 girls, and 1 boy (he's in the basement). We have 2 rooms available. One is on the main floor ($350), and the other is in the basement ($300). We are all very responsible, clean, and friendly. And I'm not just saying that. The girls are all in Social Science and the boy is in Humanities. Utilities are NOT included, but it will be probably be an additional $50/month (approximately -- could be less or more depending on usage). 5/6 of us are going into Second Year, and 1 girl is going into Third Year.
Msg me back if interested.
Old 06-06-2010 at 08:13 AM   #14
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
There's give and take, but commuting every day from Brampton can be done.
I think part of that depends on how close you live to the GO station and how you get there. If I was to commute from Brampton, I'd also need to take into account the 40 minute drive to the GO station. So although the commute from Brampton would be doable, the extra 80+ minutes a day would have killed me.

I'm commuting now from home to Toronto taking the GO train...and it's brutal because of the extra 40 min. /rant

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 06-09-2010 at 10:01 PM   #15
harshey13

Contact me at [email protected]

I got 2 rooms available at good price !!