MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Advice arathbon Academics 16 05-22-2010 04:22 PM
Advice?!~ xo.monica First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 24 12-24-2009 11:56 AM
Go Bus advice Kareko General Discussion 13 09-19-2009 05:56 PM
some advice please... EngLufLuf General Discussion 16 06-22-2009 10:29 PM
some advice please... kin or bio? sunny General Discussion 9 06-22-2009 10:25 PM

need some advice...

Old 04-03-2011 at 04:02 PM   #1
SciMania
Elite Member

Liked: 74 Times

need some advice...
ok, so when the exam timetable came out i thought i would be okay but now im having major doubts and i don't know what to do because i feel like its too late...

April 9th: 9 a.m - Mol Bio 4P03 worth 55%
7 p.m. - Chem 2OB3 worth 50% (at minimum, with potential to be worth 75%)

Now i've come down with a BRUTAL rash and TERRIBLE sore throat/cough etc.

question: what do i do :(, it obviously doesn't pose a conflict in terms of exam scheduling because a conflict is only 3 exams in one day which this is not.

I didn't want to do anything about this earlier because i also really wanted to go to convocation this summer, but deferring one of those exams will not allow me to graduate...but then again neither would failing one of them :(:(

is this grounds for appeal at all?
Old 04-03-2011 at 04:05 PM   #2
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 467 Times

Honestly there's nothing you can do. Me and a friend have a similar situation, on Apr. 11th we have stats at 2, then a major essay intensive exam at 7, my friend called the registrar and was told that 'many students have it worse than us and there was nothing they could do'

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)

SciMania says thanks to jamescw1234 for this post.
Old 04-03-2011 at 06:07 PM   #3
amare

Liked: 22 Times

I know your situation is looking pretty tough right now but BELIEVE me i know exactly how you feel, im probobly worse off than you. I have exams the 7th, 2 on 8th, one on the 9th and than the 12th. To make problems even worse I had the flu for all of last week and i'm just coming around now. I essentially forced myself to study even though I just wanted to pass out most days. I've barely had anytime to study because of all of the classes i still have to go to and i cant pull all nighters since i start at 8 30 everyday. In other words what i'm trying to say is that you can pull through it. At least you have a lot of experience dealing with exams. I'm only in first year.

SciMania says thanks to amare for this post.

AmyLia likes this.
Old 04-03-2011 at 06:21 PM   #4
macsci
Elite Member

Liked: 93 Times

You have a week to study for two exams. Even if you still have assignments, we finish school on Tuesday (the 5th) which still gives you plenty of time to study. If you get better by tuesday, you will still have 2 solid days to study for each.
Old 04-03-2011 at 06:27 PM   #5
SciMania
Elite Member

Liked: 74 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by amare View Post
I know your situation is looking pretty tough right now but BELIEVE me i know exactly how you feel, im probobly worse off than you. I have exams the 7th, 2 on 8th, one on the 9th and than the 12th. To make problems even worse I had the flu for all of last week and i'm just coming around now. I essentially forced myself to study even though I just wanted to pass out most days. I've barely had anytime to study because of all of the classes i still have to go to and i cant pull all nighters since i start at 8 30 everyday. In other words what i'm trying to say is that you can pull through it. At least you have a lot of experience dealing with exams. I'm only in first year.
ahh sorry to hear :(

i will just suck this up...i guess there's still 5 days left.

good luck to you, i hope everything works out for you!!
Old 04-03-2011 at 07:16 PM   #6
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by amare View Post
You make me wanna worker harder in school.

Props to you.