MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where is the "create a mock timetable" thread? Alexmahone Academics 12 07-04-2012 12:02 AM
Which residences has the "Women & Leadership" and "All-Female Community" themes? Unregistered First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 05-21-2012 11:15 PM
Unusual combination...anyone here take both "Psych 2C03" and "Math 1LT3" dumbconsumer Academics 2 06-15-2011 08:09 AM
"What do you wanna eat?", "I dunno" Twelve Chars General Discussion 33 05-06-2011 06:22 PM
Psychology 1X03's "optional" and "required" texts WitekS First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 40 08-26-2009 10:38 PM

Need some advice on my "timetable", take a look.

Old 07-08-2012 at 09:42 AM   #1
sumxo

Liked: 0 Times

Need some advice on my "timetable", take a look.
Hey,

If you could give me some advice on the prof's, the layout and even my choices of breaks would be great!
thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Timetable..jpg (236.6 KB, 86 views)
Old 07-08-2012 at 10:59 AM   #2
particle
Elite Member

Liked: 30 Times

If you can wake up for those labs you should be fine, albeit its a bit spread out. It really depends on your preference on how you want to setup the day. Personally I like to have everything done as soon as possible so I can have the rest of the day to study and do other things and what not. For example you could maybe move your psych 1X02 tutorial to that huge gap in Thursday.

For chem 1AA3, you'll probably enjoy having Dr. Lock as a professor, myself included and many others do as well. You might also want to switch the enviro sci lab to another time because sleeping in is awesome and would make for a great Tuesday in term 2.

sumxo says thanks to particle for this post.
Old 07-08-2012 at 12:11 PM   #3
lt93

Liked: 69 Times

Yeah I agree it's a little spread out, mine was more clumped together first year but remember SOLAR will choose the cores/labs/tutorials for you, maybe you'll even like what SOLAR choose more. And sometimes you won't be able to switch back into what you originally wanted, for example I wanted Dr. Lock first year but didn't get her and her core was full so I couldn't switch.

Also for chem is you're in lab 17 (for example) that's also your tutorial #. They alternate, one week you'll have lab, the next a tutorial. Tutorials aren't mandatory so you can pretty much go to any one you want. Just letting you know!

I think everything else is good, I know there's been a lot of talk about when to take bio 1M03 and 1A03 and I think you made a good choice!

sumxo likes this.
Old 07-08-2012 at 01:00 PM   #4
rkb12

Liked: 33 Times

Everything is okay but I'd be worried about the labs a little, unless you're good at getting up early in the morning. I'm not a morning person so 8:30 labs were never good for me although I did have a few.

sumxo says thanks to rkb12 for this post.
Old 07-08-2012 at 01:06 PM   #5
sumxo

Liked: 0 Times

THANKS Particle
I just moved my enviro to later on that day, sleeep > envirolab
I guess your right, i was afraid of back-back classes and i guess i can do some readings? Do you know anything about my Math proff?

It93, wait .. so SOLAR gives me my labs and tutorials.. I'm a bit confused can you please elaborate on this! And i'm glad you like my choice of bios

rkb12, i think im a bit worried too about these labs lol!
Old 07-08-2012 at 01:18 PM   #6
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumxo View Post
THANKS Particle
I just moved my enviro to later on that day, sleeep > envirolab
I guess your right, i was afraid of back-back classes and i guess i can do some readings? Do you know anything about my Math proff?

It93, wait .. so SOLAR gives me my labs and tutorials.. I'm a bit confused can you please elaborate on this! And i'm glad you like my choice of bios

rkb12, i think im a bit worried too about these labs lol!
According to this:
http://www.ratemyprofessors. com/Sh...p?tid=8 75510

She seems like a very good teacher !
Old 07-08-2012 at 02:01 PM   #7
lt93

Liked: 69 Times

Yes, when you chose your classes you chose which semester you want them in and then on August 9th personal timetables will come out and you can see exactly what your timetable looks like which has been chosen by SOLAR. At this time you will have the opportunity to change things around if you want/can.
Old 07-08-2012 at 02:40 PM   #8
Aaliyah

Liked: 3 Times

i took bio 1AO3 in term 1 and bio 1MO3 in 2nd term. did i make the wrong choice?? :S
Old 08-11-2012 at 06:54 PM   #9
rkb12

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaliyah View Post
i took bio 1AO3 in term 1 and bio 1MO3 in 2nd term. did i make the wrong choice?? :S
There are different profs teaching each term I think.. so it just depends on who who you want.