MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What to bring!? Leeoku First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-26-2010 08:11 PM
Things need to bring to REZ JeetDevDesai Residence & Housing 32 06-24-2010 11:20 AM
Can I bring a mattress? sweetrachel Residence & Housing 21 09-02-2009 05:06 PM
what to bring to res lorend Residence & Housing 48 08-09-2008 12:21 PM

never bring more than needed

Old 04-17-2010 at 11:16 PM   #1
pinkpiggydoe

Liked: 14 Times

never bring more than needed
sooo, i sold my textbook this morning for 95 and didnt have my wallet with me so i put it my mac wallet (the maroon ones they give you when u move onto rez with the velcro) which is on a lanyard on my neck with my student card and go tickets in it.

i NEVER put cash in there cuz i kno i could lost it.. but today i thought i would have a bigger chance of losing the cash if i put it in my jeans pocket so i decided to put it in there..

it wasnt till another hour and a bit that i could go home.. and everything was fine.. i was going to walk home since i live off sterling on whitton.. which takes me like 2 minutes but since it was cold (and i was lazy) AND the bus (5A) just happened to be there when i walked by the bus stop in front of divinity college, i hoped on.

So to get on the bus, i had my student card, thus i had my mac wallet on my lanyard.. all's well... then between that and the time i got back to the my room... which was all in all like.. max 5 minutes.. my mac wallet which was hooked onto my clip on my lanyard disappeared =( i can't even remember if i had when i got off the bus though i have a vague memory of having it when i turned the key to my front door...

but yup.. so in my mac wallet, i had 95 + student card (i have one more exam left) + an almost brand new 10 ride -GO (used only 3 times so far..)

and its gone.. i looked EVERYWHERE! and i now i think i'm making up places for where it could possibly be in my head =(

T-T

soo i think i learned my lesson.. never bring more than i need with me.. i just.. almost put my GO ticket in there cuz it was convenient and the money..ya... =( ..
Old 04-17-2010 at 11:35 PM   #2
myster

Liked: 10 Times

I know I don't like when people tell me this when I lose something.. but try backtracking your steps..
Old 04-17-2010 at 11:40 PM   #3
pinkpiggydoe

ya.. i back tracked at least 5 times before i had to go cuz i was getting a ride...i was in denial when i was backtracking though.. i kept lookin in places that i had already looked but thot i didnt.. like i moved the couch at least 3 times and the carpet etc.. and went back outside like every few minutes to look in the grass =(
Old 04-17-2010 at 11:51 PM   #4
myster

Were you looking for it during the afternoon when the sun was still out or was it really dark?

It's weird that you weren't able to feel that your neck got suddenly lighter from the missing mac wallet. I guess it makes sense since you only keep light things such as student cards in it but I keep my loose change in there, so i can feel it when it drops on the ground or something.

How positive are you that you had it when you unlocked the front door?
Old 04-18-2010 at 12:00 AM   #5
pinkpiggydoe

it was at arond 1:10 in the afternoon
ya.. i keep it around my next on purpose so that i would be able to feel a weight difference if something fell...
im like.. 90% sure i had it when i unlocked the front door.. cuz it usually gets in the way of my keys... =(
Old 04-18-2010 at 12:17 AM   #6
myster

If that's the case, it should be somewhere already there..

Good luck.

Here's hoping your =( --> =)

pinkpiggydoe says thanks to myster for this post.
Old 04-18-2010 at 01:07 AM   #7
Pat S.

Liked: 1 Time

It could be possible your lanyard hooked onto something or somebody could have pulled it right off of you. With all the commotion that happens on the bus it's possible to not notice this. This is exactly why I don't use lanyards. Hope you find it, though.

pinkpiggydoe says thanks to Pat S. for this post.
Old 04-18-2010 at 06:01 AM   #8
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Check with campus security and the HSR lost and found.. maybe some nice person turned it in?

Hope you get it back; i would flip out if something like this happened to me.. :(

pinkpiggydoe says thanks to RyanC for this post.
Old 04-18-2010 at 12:10 PM   #9
SciMania
Elite Member

Liked: 74 Times

oh nooo! i really hope you find it!!!

pinkpiggydoe says thanks to SciMania for this post.
Old 04-18-2010 at 05:16 PM   #10
Joey

Liked: 17 Times

That sucks. I dropped my keys once getting off teh bus. Lucky for me someone was nice enough to run after me to give it back. I hope someone returns it for you.
Old 04-18-2010 at 09:08 PM   #11
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

You could try calling the HSR customer service and see if someone returned it. I wouldn't be too hopeful about your $95, but I doubt anyone would be interested in stealing your student card. It might have turned up on the bus.
Old 04-18-2010 at 09:17 PM   #12
Rossclot

Liked: 137 Times

if I find one I will message you
Old 04-19-2010 at 08:00 AM   #13
jachill
Vampire Slayer

Liked: 40 Times

Quote:
but today i thought i would have a bigger chance of losing the cash if i put it in my jeans pocket so i decided to put it in there..
You still did the right thing there, probably would've lost it anyway if you put it in your pocket. Last term, I sold a textbook for $60, put the cash in my jeans pocket and it completely disappeared a couple hours later.

pinkpiggydoe says thanks to jachill for this post.
Old 04-19-2010 at 09:27 AM   #14
AlienSummer

Liked: 55 Times

How small are your pant's pockets? I don't carry a purse or wallet, so whenever I go shopping, all my cash and cards go into my pockets and I've never had anything go missing or stolen. And this includes going to areas that are notorious for people stealing things out of people's pockets, like the Eiffel Tower and Times Square.

Now that I've said this, I'll probably have something stolen.
Old 04-19-2010 at 10:35 AM   #15
Rstevenson

Liked: 25 Times

I find if pockets dont work...ill put the money in my shoe. it never falls out of there.