Serious thread is serious Kendoon General Discussion 9 11-06-2010 03:20 PM
Lulz Thread lawleypop General Discussion 17 06-17-2010 01:37 AM
old cs thread kevinf Gaming 21 12-29-2009 12:51 PM

New Maplestory Thread!

Old 05-13-2013 at 09:13 PM   #1
EmilD

Liked: 8 Times

New Maplestory Thread!
Well I noticed that the previous Maplestory threads have been closed so I am going to attempt reviving them.

I've been playing Maplestory since BETA so I've got crap tonnes of experience. I've been through several worlds. I started in Khaini, then moved to Bellocan, then to Scania. After Scania I played in Broa for a while and have established most of my accomplishments there. Now I play in Windia because two very close friends irl play there and I am now a Junior Master in an amazing guild.

So what about you guys? Do you still play or not? If not I'd encourage you to play again! It's incredibly easy to level up now and I can help you out starting if you play in my world or in Broa. There's a crapload of classes available to play now although some of them are unplayable atm because they have been cycled out and will be available for creation again some time later.

ALSO a new patch is coming out sometime in summer (probably end of July) and it's going to entail 2 new classes. The Demon Avenger and Xenon. Demon Avenger is the subclass for Demon Slayer and uses HP for its stats only and uses a sword instead of the mace. Xenon is resistance character which is hybrid thief and pirate so it can use both equips. It's an android and has the ability to fly as well. Xenon is also the second highest DPS character ever in the game. And both are very easy to do high damage with little to no funding. This is part of the main reason why I'm playing again.

Last edited by EmilD : 05-13-2013 at 11:20 PM.
Old 05-13-2013 at 09:26 PM   #2
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

Lotsa my hardcore friends migrated to dragons nest
Old 05-13-2013 at 09:53 PM   #3
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

I also started from Beta, but the game's gradually gotten less fun :(. I still go on from time to time, though.
Old 05-13-2013 at 11:16 PM   #4
EmilD

Liked: 8 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
Lotsa my hardcore friends migrated to dragons nest
Aw damn, that makes me sad. ): I played the Beta for DN, it was fun while it lasted but it got boring quick for me I dunno.\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angoose View Post
I also started from Beta, but the game's gradually gotten less fun :(. I still go on from time to time, though.
I know what you mean there. I didn't play for the whole time straight. I get these times were I just get incredibly bored and stop playing and just check.
Old 05-14-2013 at 10:23 AM   #5
omgwtfitsp
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 30 Times

I used to play soo long ago, I can't even remember. MS was a nice socializing games, but that was the problem for me, there wasn't any player vs player ( i hear they have that now though ).

So I always hacked and bot out of boredom. Some crazy hacks came out over the years it was so much fun, probably annoyed people like you. I played in Scania too so thats a really crowded server right? Not once have I been banned and I found that so surprising cuz I would vac hack and bot it all day and night.

Cheerss...lol
Old 05-14-2013 at 11:04 AM   #6
mastercool

Liked: 22 Times

I used to have an account on Scania or something and I was pretty famous...got Tiger banned multiple times and also got a bunch of others banned as well.

I was known as YoungLink...some oldies might remember that name but maybe not
Old 05-14-2013 at 04:31 PM   #7
rpg51
Elite Member

Liked: 139 Times

people still play this game?
Old 05-14-2013 at 04:44 PM   #8
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

Most ppl still play private servers. Theres a large community of old school private serve MS before the huge changes
Old 06-30-2013 at 03:53 PM   #9
RiskBreaker

Liked: 5 Times

What do you think is the best class damage class?
Old 07-01-2013 at 10:58 AM   #10
Alert Moderator & Admin
Add negative rating-5Add positive rank
The MI community has ranked down this post by omgwtfitsp.
Click here to view it anyways.
Old 07-01-2013 at 11:36 AM   #11
justinlu

Liked: 0 Times

Haven't played for a year now, I feel like its a horrible game because of all the new relased classes
Old 07-01-2013 at 12:14 PM   #12
Quiver

Liked: 126 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtfitsp View Post
how bout you all grow up and stop playing maplestory and runescape. you're in university now, those games were the past, end of story.
How 'bout you grow up and stop judging people based on their private past-times that have no effect on you whatsoever? You're in university now - you should be able to understand and respect the fact that different people like different things.

Anyway, on topic: I used to play MS a lot years and years ago, but like many others I quit especially after the Big Bang update. The fact that it's easier to level now makes it worse for me. Just makes it seem like it doesn't mean as much when you can grind to fourth job in a few days. Plus I can't keep track of all these new classes lol. I kind of miss the old versions, though.

Angoose likes this.
Old 07-01-2013 at 04:55 PM   #13
Alert Moderator & Admin
Add negative rating-4Add positive rank
The MI community has ranked down this post by omgwtfitsp.
Click here to view it anyways.
Old 07-01-2013 at 05:12 PM   #14
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Ever seen and heard 4th year students at mills talking about how they play runescape? makes me cry inside that people of that age play these games and talk about it with their buddies like they are kids, people just need to learn to grow up. Can't be a kid forever
I guess people who developed these games must be teenagers themselves. It makes me cry inside to know you care so deeply about each and every one of us who plays these games. I've never played Runescape, but I don't think you should waste any more of your tears on us. People play games because they're fun, not because they'll be accepted by their peers, or by complete strangers like yourself.
Old 07-01-2013 at 09:02 PM   #15
Quiver

Liked: 126 Times

Quote:
Ever seen and heard 4th year students at mills talking about how they play runescape? makes me cry inside that people of that age play these games and talk about it with their buddies like they are kids, people just need to learn to grow up. Can't be a kid forever
No, I haven't, and you really don't understand. Let me list what you know about those 4th year students:

1. They play Runescape.
2. They are in fourth year (I'm not quite sure how you know this from looking/hearing them unless they scream out their year in a casual conversation about Runescape, though...)

Now, let me tell you something: based on those two pieces in information, you cannot accurately judge a person's character. For all you know, one of those people is about to enter professional school, or a MD/PhD program, or has a great job lined up at KPMG. Even if they don't, which is likely, I guarantee you that a doctor, professor, PhD holder, CEO SOMEWHERE in the world plays Runescape. That does not take away from who they are, what they achieved, or any other facet of that person. I don't believe for a second that you don't enjoy anything that was "meant for kids".