Not that I follow hockey,
but wtf.

discuss.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 02-21-2010 at 10:37 PM   #2
syan9184

Liked: 25 Times

With all those strong European teams this year, I doubt Team Canada will stand on the podium.
I hope they can prove me wrong!
Old 02-21-2010 at 10:48 PM   #3
Charbs

Liked: 33 Times

its all a ploy.. theyre gonna come back and win gold... just to prove to the US that we truly are better lol

it was pretty brutal though (although we got some good bruises in there I think lol...)...

but as soon as they pulled the goalie I was like 'wtf... that's retarded, US is gonna get ahold of that puck and bam"... and then bam, it happened, goal..
I can understand if they were playing a team who was proving NOT to be very good at getting possession of the puck... but clearly, not the right move that time

but... like I said.. they'll come back.. they have to lol
Or many hearts will break
Old 02-21-2010 at 11:37 PM   #4
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbs View Post
but as soon as they pulled the goalie I was like 'wtf... that's retarded, US is gonna get ahold of that puck and bam"... and then bam, it happened, goal..
I can understand if they were playing a team who was proving NOT to be very good at getting possession of the puck... but clearly, not the right move that time
I don't blame them for pulling the goalie. I do however, blame Perry for doing nothing other than skating in the general direction of the puck. It's pretty bad when they guy BEHIND you flails in desperation and hits the puck in front of you because you're too lazy to reach 6 inches and take control of it. Not to mention he took the penalty that led to the game winning goal.

The vets need to step it up for Canada though. There's no reason why guys like Pronger and Niedermayer are non-factors thus far. Yes, they're doing some solid defensive work, which is great for defensemen. But as the saying goes, the best defense is a good offense. The young guys are busting their ass, as evidenced by Toews' work in the corners leading up to Heatleys goal, and that douchebag Crosby coming through a few times for us so far.

In 2002 we won because the vets (Yzerman, Lemieux, and especially Sakic) brought their A-game, and showed the world why they were among the top scorers in the history of the game. Unfortunately, the greats have all retired, but we still have some of the best. Thornton, Marleau, Iginla, etc have to bring their best if we're gonna win, and so far they haven't. A hat trick against Norway doesn't count. Cardboard cutouts of our team could have beat Norway.

syan9184 likes this.
Old 02-21-2010 at 11:56 PM   #5
syan9184

HAHAHA
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
that douchebag Crosby
Old 02-21-2010 at 11:59 PM   #6
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Well, at least Russia's not doing as well as expected, Ovechkin (however you spell his name, I never watch the Caps) isn't killing it. But then again, neither is Crosby - first goal today, I think. Now, Germany sounds like a scary team, if they are anything like all the other Germans, taking medals left, right and centre. (heh, centre! 'Mericans.)

I dunno, I watched the second half and it seemed like the Americans were skating circles around us, how long did it take to get that delayed penalty called in the second? (I THINK it was the second) - like a minute, two even.

Oh, for people who don't know about delayed penalties: when a player does something wrong (highsticking, tripping, etc), the ref may delay calling the penalty until that player's team touches/takes possession of the puck. Usually its like a 10, 30 second thing.

Now, that's about all I know about hockey. lol.
Old 02-22-2010 at 12:16 AM   #7
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by syan9184 View Post
HAHAHA
You have no idea the hate I feel for that kid. TBH, I'm not a fan of a lot of guys on the team. Thornton is useless under pressure. His playoff and international stats will attest to that. Iginla I'm not a fan of. Crosby is an overhyped underperformer. Corey Perry and Eric Staal I'm sick of hearing about (I'm from Peterborough, where Perry played minor hockey, and Staal played junior. To this day the Peterborough media links everything they do to something back in town, even though no one cares). Rick Nash is an oaf. He's been a nobody since real scorers like Kovalchuk and Ovechkin showed up in the NHL. What does he do on the ice? He's supposed to be a "sniper", but I think so far he has like 4 shots and 1 or 2 assists in 3 games. And by assists, I mean people banging in his rebounds, cuz God knows he doesn't know what a pass is.

There's some good guys too though. Toews is always awesome. No one plays harder than Morrow. Doughty, Keith, and Seabrook are all solid two-way defensemen. Getzlaf, Bergeron, and Heatley are all doing what they were brought here to do. We just need the whole team playing like these guys, and we're golden. Literally.
Old 02-22-2010 at 12:38 AM   #8
syan9184

Wow. We should be best friends lol
I hate him too! Since he always gets the spotlight, hardworking players such as Towes, Doughty, Seabrook, etc. are being ignored!
Why is he the face of Team Canada!?
And yeah I am also not a fan of some of the guys on the team. I was really expecting Thornton, Marleau, and Heatley lineup to be great but quite the opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
You have no idea the hate I feel for that kid. TBH, I'm not a fan of a lot of guys on the team. Thornton is useless under pressure. His playoff and international stats will attest to that. Iginla I'm not a fan of. Crosby is an overhyped underperformer. Corey Perry and Eric Staal I'm sick of hearing about (I'm from Peterborough, where Perry played minor hockey, and Staal played junior. To this day the Peterborough media links everything they do to something back in town, even though no one cares). Rick Nash is an oaf. He's been a nobody since real scorers like Kovalchuk and Ovechkin showed up in the NHL. What does he do on the ice? He's supposed to be a "sniper", but I think so far he has like 4 shots and 1 or 2 assists in 3 games. And by assists, I mean people banging in his rebounds, cuz God knows he doesn't know what a pass is.

There's some good guys too though. Toews is always awesome. No one plays harder than Morrow. Doughty, Keith, and Seabrook are all solid two-way defensemen. Getzlaf, Bergeron, and Heatley are all doing what they were brought here to do. We just need the whole team playing like these guys, and we're golden. Literally.
Old 02-22-2010 at 12:50 AM   #9
Rossclot

Liked: 137 Times

Everyone thinks crosby poops golden turds, but all he has done is given cape breton parents excuses to abuse their children by forcing hockey down their throats. After all, if a caper like crosby made it, then their kid will as well.

Crosby is scum like the rest of us, nothing special.
Old 02-22-2010 at 04:39 AM   #10
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Liked: 91 Times

Haha, so much Crosby hate...I love it. He really is so overrated. Don't get me wrong though, he's a good player. It's just he isn't outstanding and isn't performing as well as he should be doing for the amount of hype he gets from people.
Old 02-22-2010 at 08:14 AM   #11
JeffB

Liked: 26 Times

They should have put Luongo in after the first period. But I think you can say Brodeur has lost the starters job, too many stupid mistakes. You would see it in other games, a player would make a mistake and get benched for the next 20 minutes. Brodeur let in 2-3 goals as a result of his stupid play and they don't change anything.

Pronger is the most overrated player on the team. He might as well just stand at center ice and hope somebody runs into him. That way he wont be taking any of his stupid penalties.

Overall I would say Canada played better. The US was able to win because of the stellar play of Miller and the subpar play of Brodeur.
Old 02-22-2010 at 08:32 AM   #12
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

As a Brodeur fan even I wonder why they didn't start Luongo.
Old 02-22-2010 at 08:39 AM   #13
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Didn't Crosby score 2 of the 3 goals? (I know he got the first one, but can't remmeber the stats)

Like I said, don't follow hockey... but if he scores, what difference does it make? XD

But pretty much, the only time I've everwatched a hockey game (besides that one Generals game), with "the best Canadian goalie ever" in net, and it was a massacre. AT LEAST I CAN SAY I TRIED. Rofl.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 02-22-2010 at 10:10 AM   #14
ice8

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Didn't Crosby score 2 of the 3 goals? (I know he got the first one, but can't remmeber the stats)
Eric Staal scored the first goal. Canada dominated US throughout the game, but Miller bailed them out. Brodeur was average, and after that first goal against us i wanted brodeur to be pulled but he wasn't and we lost. Brodeur keeps trying to play the puck instead of letting his defenseman handle it (the third goal Pronger was right there). I thought our defense was solid at times (especially during pk's and we were blocking shots), but at times it was just horrible. most of our players need to step up (neidermeyer, pronger, perry, brodeur). There was no desperation to save that empty netter.

Crosby is way overrated, finished with a -3 with little ice time.
Old 02-22-2010 at 04:03 PM   #15
KayakerDan

Liked: 86 Times

The US won because Miller stood on his head and they simply were more hungry for the win.