MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chemistry Lab Notebook Question charlie101 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 19 10-13-2009 09:22 PM
Tim Hortons Raises Prices Chad MacInsiders Announcements 30 09-04-2009 03:03 PM
GO transit prices [email protected] First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 09-12-2008 06:59 PM
Oil Prices J-Met Politics 7 06-20-2008 10:03 PM

Notebook prices question

Old 08-09-2009 at 04:17 PM   #16
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
To avoid border complications, take it out of the packaging and leave the packaging box in the states. They will not charge you at the border for a laptop you own as long as they don't know you bought it in the states.
Don't forget to also leave the receipt.
Old 08-09-2009 at 04:23 PM   #17
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 416 Times

leave the receipt!!!!

How much is the duty anyways? (what percentage of the price perhaps)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
lol, how? Mechanical hard drives aren't even fast enough to take advantage of eSata, or even all of the speed offered by USB 2.0 for that matter :p.
i dunno about that but i'm gonna be ready when they do btw, this is the first time i'm reading this kinda thing :s
Old 08-09-2009 at 04:24 PM   #18
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 473 Times

Based on your comments it sounds like you're not planning on bringing your laptop to class with you.

Have you considered looking for a powerful desktop computer instead?

You could get more specs within your price range and the benefits you want like a full keyboard.
Old 08-09-2009 at 04:27 PM   #19
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 416 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
Based on your comments it sounds like you're not planning on bringing your laptop to class with you.

Have you considered looking for a powerful desktop computer instead?

You could get more specs within your price range and the benefits you want like a full keyboard.
you're right but i still want some mobility since i would like to take back my pc back home in pakistan on vacations
Old 08-09-2009 at 04:37 PM   #20
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 473 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post
nope, i still want some mobility since i would like to take back my pc back home in pakistan on vacations
Yeah that makes sense.