Netbook vs Notebook Sultan General Discussion 11 08-16-2009 11:32 AM

Notebook vs Binder

Old 08-23-2010 at 04:57 PM   #16
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lij View Post
I don't bring binders to class. I print out notes/bring loose-leaf paper to class in a clipboard and then organize it later.

It's a pain to reorganize a notebook after-the-fact (I like making study notes and inserting them into my notes). If you have 5 different classes you'll be lugging around 5 notebooks rather than 1 clipboard.
ye i used the notebook mainly for math..and the other classes i brought the clipboard
Old 08-23-2010 at 09:48 PM   #17
Toast
Elite Member

Liked: 258 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Where can you get those pads of paper? I have the folder from my high school graduation but I have no idea where to get the pad of paper.
Not sure - I only use the pad to jot down important dates for my schedule or formulas while I'm studying, and take notes on actual pieces of lined paper.

Old 08-23-2010 at 10:49 PM   #18
vp15

Liked: 4 Times

Quote:
Binders are a lot more flexible and you don't have to bring binders to school. If you take notes on loose paper, you can put them in your binder afterwards.
Don't professors refer to old notes or things they covered before so wouldnt u need ur binder to check the old notes?
Old 08-23-2010 at 10:53 PM   #19
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by vp15 View Post
Don't professors refer to old notes or things they covered before so wouldnt u need ur binder to check the old notes?
I've never had a professor refer to old notes directly. They'll remind you of the information but they won't say "in lecture #, on page #" and then just stop there. They'll explain the information.
Old 08-23-2010 at 10:55 PM   #20
vp15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
Folder! It's the best of both worlds...thin and not clunky, you can shove random loose sheets of paper in, it doesn't take up much space, and it would work for a course where you take lots of handwritten notes or for a course with lots of handouts.
Isn't that like disorganized cause you dont know which subject its for or what order u got it in..:S
Old 08-23-2010 at 11:02 PM   #21
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Isn't that like disorganized cause you dont know which subject its for or what order u got it in..:S
Well, each subject has its own folder, there would be too much paper to fit otherwise...and I can keep it in order fairly easily--I've never had an issue with stuff being out of order. I staple together 'packages' of notes (like, whatever was in a single pdf file gets stapled together), but this way I can easily go between sets of lecture notes. It's no harder to keep in order than a binder would be.
Old 08-23-2010 at 11:08 PM   #22
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
You also take notes on different pieces of paper, so you can split them apart later on.
Old 08-23-2010 at 11:23 PM   #23
Allana:)

Liked: 46 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthFuzzy View Post
what about having one of those "flex" binders from 5 star?
I love those. It's really easy to print off notes and bring them to class with those. And you can also take your other notes on lined paper in them.
Old 08-23-2010 at 11:33 PM   #24
vp15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthFuzzy View Post
what about having one of those "flex" binders from 5 star?
I would love thatt but than having like 5 of those would be too expensive, whereas notebooks and binders are cheap. I bought binders for a dollar lol so yeah.
Old 08-23-2010 at 11:39 PM   #25
Allana:)

Quote:
I would love thatt but than having like 5 of those would be too expensive, whereas notebooks and binders are cheap. I bought binders for a dollar lol so yeah.
You can just buy one and transfer stuff into binders. You can keep refilling. It's like a notebook that never ends!
Old 08-24-2010 at 01:32 AM   #26
Toast
Elite Member

Liked: 258 Times

Quote:
I keep all 5 subjects worth of notes as loose papers in the same folder. It's not that hard to take out the right subject for the right lecture, if you arrange them in the proper order the night before. Plus, I keep about a month's worth of notes in the same folder before transferring them to a box or binder, so if the prof wants you to refer back to another lesson you'll have it ready.

Old 08-24-2010 at 11:32 PM   #27
BuzzZero

Liked: 2 Times

It really depends on the course. A notebook is best for Math and Intro-Psych. For ur other courses, a binder is better.
Old 09-13-2010 at 02:24 PM   #28
Strategy

Where can I get the "clipboard" people keep talking about? I never got one :(
Old 09-13-2010 at 02:26 PM   #29
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategy View Post
Where can I get the "clipboard" people keep talking about? I never got one :(
They'll give it out during the first floor meeting (or second...).

Strategy says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 09-13-2010 at 02:33 PM   #30
Strategy

Quote:
They'll give it out during the first floor meeting (or second...).
Hmm I was gone for most of welcome week.. does anyone know if they have given them out yet? (I am at Whidden)

Thanks jhan523