MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nursing with a Minor? dgibson123 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 09-16-2010 01:55 PM
First year nursing student :P anyone else taking nursing and if not message still :) C.RUMBLE Introduce Yourself 9 08-27-2010 12:56 PM
GIS Minor: How do I go about getting one? huzaifa47 Academics 8 04-18-2010 02:19 PM
Minor in Kin? notredame Academics 3 01-18-2009 05:18 PM

nursing with minor

Old 01-08-2009 at 07:34 PM   #1
macstudent99

Liked: 0 Times

nursing with minor
I was just wondering if it's possible to have a minor (such as psychology) along with a nursing degree?
I'm not actually interested in pursuing one (if even possible actually) but I would like to know if it's possible since I never heard of a person doing that!!!

Thanks!!
Old 01-08-2009 at 07:45 PM   #2
shleyaa

Liked: 8 Times

Hey, I asked this question a while ago.. the response I got was quite informative:

"at nursing information sessions, we were told they don't recommend minors as it puts alot more stress on a student, and it doesn't put you ahead of any other graduating nurse when it comes to employment (well, unless you're in a french speaking area). If you do plan on doing the minor, plan to take summer courses as well, because with the clinical workload increasing every year, i'm told thats its extemely hard to do both during the school year."

Hope that helped!

Old 01-08-2009 at 08:13 PM   #3
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

I know someone who is doing nursing and minoring in music. so it's possible!