MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nursing Question and Timetable Check, Please ela232 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 29 08-10-2010 10:57 PM
Help, can anyone review my timetable ? ruby101 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-09-2010 10:45 PM
Can someone please review my timetable? aya. First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-09-2010 08:04 PM
can anyone review my timetable please? firenbell First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-09-2010 07:43 PM
Review My Timetable Please :D MohitB First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 08-07-2008 10:41 PM

nursing timetable review

Old 08-09-2010 at 11:50 PM   #1
AK05

Liked: 0 Times

nursing timetable review
hmm let me know your point of view. Keep in mind that I am goin to be commuting from another city an hour away....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Term 1.jpg (111.5 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg term 2.jpg (128.5 KB, 17 views)
Old 08-09-2010 at 11:55 PM   #2
ela232

hey, great post! and ur timetable isn't so bad
Old 08-09-2010 at 11:58 PM   #3
AK05

Quote:
Originally Posted by ela232 View Post
hey, great post! and ur timetable isn't so bad
I wnder if i can get monday off smhw and get elective on tuesday . I would really like to fill up tht huge space on tuesday..
Old 08-10-2010 at 12:54 AM   #4
MacAttk

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK05 View Post
I wnder if i can get monday off smhw and get elective on tuesday . I would really like to fill up tht huge space on tuesday..
Check the master timetable and see if you can switch monday classes to other days, if offered. If not, sorry out of luck
Old 08-10-2010 at 10:34 PM   #5
WannabeNurse

go to mohawk's site, www.mohawkcollege.ca/bscn
on that page you can find a chart of all the mohawk electives offered first semester. good luck! :-)
Old 08-10-2010 at 10:39 PM   #6
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Man that looks fabulous.
Here were mine last year. I commuted and was always sick (chronic sinusitus) and I cleaned up alright. You'll be fine. Well, better than fine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen shot 2010-08-10 at 11.38.12 PM.jpg (29.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Screen shot 2010-08-10 at 11.38.04 PM.jpg (32.0 KB, 8 views)

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 08-10-2010 at 10:43 PM   #7
WannabeNurse

OMG LOOK AT THAT WEDNESDAY!!!! That must have SUCKED!!!
Old 08-10-2010 at 11:31 PM   #8
AK05

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeNurse View Post
OMG LOOK AT THAT WEDNESDAY!!!! That must have SUCKED!!!
yes u r ryte. lol m gonna change my timetable goshhh...why first yr suckss.....
Old 08-11-2010 at 07:37 AM   #9
Charbs

Liked: 33 Times

another tip guys... make sure you're getting your non-academic requirements done before school (ie. police check, TB test, immunications, CPR) .... because it gets hectic to try to scramble and get them done... and to save the hassle, I would suggest doing your immunization clearance at the IAHS student health, some people had them done through their doctors and ended up having to get them re-done by Student Health...and same with TB... it has to be a 2 step TB test thats done...

And keep the originals, only give photocopy to the office of the BScN... last year they lost a bunch of peoples stuff...
AK05
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 08-11-2010 at 07:56 AM   #10
Charbs

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK05 View Post
Thxz Megan u r very helpful. I got my police rec chek within a week and now m tryina get in solar and it sucks.. Also is every lecture necessary to attend I mean Will we get access to online lectures incase if i miss a class.. ?

depends on the class...
for anatomy , the lecture slides are posted prior to class, and the audio is posted from the lecture after, so if you miss a class yeah you can catch up... but I would definately suggest going to class, its a tough course, and you HAVE to pass anatomy and biochem with over 60% basically to go into 2nd year....
for anatomy though I 100% suggest printing out the lectures in handout format, 2-3 slides/page...and bringing them to class, and then you can write notes of what the lecturer is talking about and draw diagrams... it'll help a lot

Biochem, last year the lectures were all posted as slides, we didnt have an actual lecture to go to except the first week, its just self guided study and tutorial... so do the lecture every week, dont let yourself get behind or youll get completely lost,.... and if you dont understand everything make a note of it and bring it up in tutorial, you're not expected to understand everything through self study.... but also make use of the internet, see if something online can explain a concept your understanding from the textbook or the notes.... (I had to do that for a couple things last year)

Psych, the lectures first semester are all online.... do them.. EVERY WEEK... the psych class is difficult and you DO NOT want to get behind... study study study for the midterm and exam.. have all your notes typed already, and know the material every which way... Dr. Kim's exam questions are critical thinking multiple choice, so you have to really work out the question and choose the most correct answer ... honestly, it took a long time, but I typed out every lecture last year, using the 'notes' tab in the online lecture.... and that allowed me to be able to study the lectures anywhere without having to be on my computer... and the 'find' button option in WORD, helped when it came to quizzes too which are all done online in a 20 min time limit...

Clinical,. you have to be at... every week... its important because you're learning the basics of nursing, and practicing...and you can't miss clinical in the hospital in further years, so it's good to get into the habit of sticking with going to class
Old 08-12-2010 at 01:16 PM   #11
thisisje

Is there a chance that I can change my Anatomy lab on a Tuesday?
Because right now, that's the only class I have on Wednesday and I want at least a day to catch up/do my homework and stuff.
Also, it says that I can't modify Anatomy which sucks 100 times.

For the scrubs, can we buy any colour or do we have to buy the scrubs at McMaster Health Sciences bookstore?