MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Living with conflicts ARose General Discussion 16 08-13-2009 09:32 PM
Offcampus Meal Plan Guest253 General Discussion 6 08-04-2009 05:13 PM
Living Expenses?? binbrook23 General Discussion 12 07-03-2009 07:09 PM
Living Off-Campus? Dominique First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 07-04-2008 03:02 PM
Living In and Around Mac in Sept Chad Residence & Off-Campus Living 0 06-28-2007 03:26 PM

offcampus living??

Old 05-22-2011 at 01:10 PM   #16
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faer View Post
I'd never be able to touch the textbook again if I had to use it to splat bugs, even though the thought of my Maths and Physics textbooks on top of spiders is veeeeery reassuring...

But yeah, they have a bad tendency to scatter. D: It's horrible, especially if they drop down from your desk to the floor and then you have to get off your chair at some point and risk squishing it or being bitten...
Being bitten or stepping on it isn't what grosses me out. Have you seen how those things run? I know that sounds ridiculous, and I have no defense to offer.

One time this massive spider was on the wall in the living room when I was vacuuming, and I tried to vacuum it. It JUMPED off the wall and ONTO the vacuum hose. I have no idea what happened to it, because I dropped the vacuum and ran. It's probably still in the house, plotting its next move...

EDIT: I just asked my old housemate who still lives there if he's in the house this summer because I just realized that I completely forgot to tell him I did that, and he said "why? you want your texts back jerk?!" I'm glad I lived with people who find this funny and not irritating, because it's actually really ridiculous of me.

Last edited by alh24 : 05-22-2011 at 01:20 PM.
Old 05-22-2011 at 01:18 PM   #17
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh24 View Post
Being bitten or stepping on it isn't what grosses me out. Have you seen how those things run? I know that sounds ridiculous, and I have no defense to offer.

One time this massive spider was on the wall in the living room when I was vacuuming, and I tried to vacuum it. It JUMPED off the wall and ONTO the vacuum hose. I have no idea what happened to it, because I dropped the vacuum and ran. It's probably still in the house, plotting its next move...
Daddy-Long-Legs are the worst. I know they're also the least harmful (I think O_O) but those long legs just creepy me out. D: I'd prefer a normal one to that one anyday!
Old 05-22-2011 at 01:27 PM   #18
alh24
Elite Member

Quote:
Daddy-Long-Legs are the worst. I know they're also the least harmful (I think O_O) but those long legs just creepy me out. D: I'd prefer a normal one to that one anyday!
The girl across the hall from me in residence had a tarantula (secretly), and I didn't find it bad. I held it and everything! It was really slow-moving though, which may have been why I didn't mind it. She fed it smaller spiders sometimes. Cannibalism.
Old 05-22-2011 at 01:39 PM   #19
Faer
Elite Member

Quote:
The girl across the hall from me in residence had a tarantula (secretly), and I didn't find it bad. I held it and everything! It was really slow-moving though, which may have been why I didn't mind it. She fed it smaller spiders sometimes. Cannibalism.
I would be so paranoid if I was in the same situation, always checking under my bed or something. Or, conversely, if I was the one with the tarantula, I would always joke around that it escaped to creep my neighbours out.

*coughs* But that's just my mean side.

The thought of tarantulas is kinda creepier...so big, so hairy, stalking their prey with slow, sure steps... *shudders*
Old 05-22-2011 at 02:40 PM   #20
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
I would be so paranoid if I was in the same situation, always checking under my bed or something. Or, conversely, if I was the one with the tarantula, I would always joke around that it escaped to creep my neighbours out.

*coughs* But that's just my mean side.

The thought of tarantulas is kinda creepier...so big, so hairy, stalking their prey with slow, sure steps... *shudders*
That's just like men! I never realized how similar men and tarantulas are...

Faer likes this.
Old 05-22-2011 at 02:54 PM   #21
Faer
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
Unfortunately, I'm sure a wad of wet tissues or a heavy textbook would far from suffice as a deterrant...

alh24, lizziepizzie like this.
Old 05-22-2011 at 02:56 PM   #22
alh24
Elite Member

Quote:
Big, hairy, and stalking prey? What kind of men do you meet?!

I think you're referring to a lumberjack who is also a sexual predator.
Old 05-22-2011 at 02:59 PM   #23
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 461 Times

Quote:
What type of men do you see lizziepizze?
Old 05-22-2011 at 04:14 PM   #24
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Quote:

Quote:
Unfortunately, I'm sure a wad of wet tissues or a heavy textbook would far from suffice as a deterrant...
Quote:
Originally Posted by herBs View Post
What type of men do you see lizziepizze?
Possibly the kind that are supposed to be tall, dark, and handsome but are disguised as big, hairy, and stalking prey. Or maybe the other way around.
Old 05-22-2011 at 04:24 PM   #25
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Quote:
Possibly the kind that are supposed to be tall, dark, and handsome but are disguised as big, hairy, and stalking prey. Or maybe the other way around.
/nevertalkstolizagaini nmylife
Old 05-22-2011 at 05:12 PM   #26
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

Quote:

Oh. I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay. I sleep all night, and I work all day. I cut down trees. I skip and jump. I like to press wildflowers. I put on women's clothing, and hang around in bars.

Old 05-22-2011 at 05:46 PM   #27
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Quote:
/nevertalkstolizagaini nmylife
Let's see how long that lasts for.
Old 05-22-2011 at 05:50 PM   #28
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Quote:
Let's see how long that lasts for.
Not very long.
Old 05-22-2011 at 05:59 PM   #29
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Quote:
Not very long.
That's what I thought. It's okay, herBs, I know you love me.
Old 05-22-2011 at 07:27 PM   #30
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Quote:
That's what I thought. It's okay, herBs, I know you love me.
How did you know though?