MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My offers in jeopardy! Help?! MaryS First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-12-2010 12:04 AM
Alternate Offers amare First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 05-10-2010 04:54 PM
McMaster University Offers of Admission 2010 Thread Rubicon First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 28 04-18-2010 09:28 AM
Conditional Offers yevenbother First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 83 07-15-2009 11:20 PM
McMaster Kinesiology offers of admission? Mac12 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 17 04-15-2009 06:19 PM

Offers of Admission

Old 03-13-2008 at 08:35 AM   #31
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Slania, that is a question for Housing and Conference services. You can find more information about everything here: http://housing.mcmaster.ca/Residence...irst_year.html. There is also an email address if you should wish to email them your question specificially.

And the residence experience has nothing to do with the aesthetic of the building! Trust me...I lived in an ugly building, but had the time of my life when I lived in res.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 03-13-2008 at 09:01 PM   #32
Slania

Liked: 1 Time

Okay thanks, I emailed them about it. Yeah I'll probably be lucky to get a spot so I won't worry about the building itself xD
Old 03-13-2008 at 10:28 PM   #33
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Yup, it's all about the people you meet that makes the difference. On the flip side I've known friends who've been in Mary Keyes (one of the nicest residences) but had unfriendly roommates and did not enjoy themselves.

Did you specify any particular friend you wanted to room with?
Old 03-14-2008 at 02:49 PM   #34
Victor K

Liked: 0 Times

Got accepeted to Business March 7th. =)

I had a tour and it was amazing! Can't wait for next year.
Old 03-14-2008 at 05:09 PM   #35
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Excellent! Took the tour over March Break? What sort of things did they show you on the tour that you remember?
Old 03-14-2008 at 05:51 PM   #36
tamzmullett

i FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY got in

i got the emaily, and they said i won't be getting an offer in the mail..weird!

BUT question for you chad-or anyone else..i applied to CSMM but it just said i got in to like the basic hummanities, does that area get broken down later?

Thanks!
Old 03-14-2008 at 06:08 PM   #37
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamzmullett View Post
i FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY got in

i got the emaily, and they said i won't be getting an offer in the mail..weird!

BUT question for you chad-or anyone else..i applied to CSMM but it just said i got in to like the basic hummanities, does that area get broken down later?

Thanks!

They said you wouldn't get an offer letter in the mail? Thats odd. Did you get a package with the booklet and cd-rom?

And yes, if you applied to CSMM then what happens is you enter what's called Humanities I. It's your first year of Humanities and you take a whole range of elective courses and only 2 CMST courses. Then you 'specialize' once you get into second year and start to take more CMST related courses. It's interesting because unlike most schools which get you in a stream right away, Humanities at mac give you the ability to take some other cool courses you wouldn't have thought of taking (peace studies, theater and film, history, languages, Arts, Classics, Comp Lit, Philosophy, etc) and then if you end up liking those courses a lot you can always change your mind and specialize in one of those instead.

Of course, being in CMST myself, I like the program and think you'll like it too
Old 03-15-2008 at 06:49 PM   #38
woodlawngirl

i got accepted to kine, and accepted my offer today! woooo
Old 03-15-2008 at 11:20 PM   #39
Victor K

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodlawngirl View Post
i got accepted to kine, and accepted my offer today! woooo
You can't really accept until the May 28th deadline. They won’t consider you as a guaranteed student. (or so I hear) You can still change your mind.
Old 03-17-2008 at 01:29 AM   #40
Slania

Nope, apparently if you don't a guarantee you can't room with a friend who has one...oh well. I'll meet new people in my residence D

I took one of the March Break tours and I am not a fan of that weird nuclear thing in middle of everything but the campus in general is nice...I love the old buildings especially
Old 03-17-2008 at 09:25 AM   #41
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

That's the spirit Slania! I'm sure you'll meet a lot of friends in residence, and also during Welcome Week!
Old 03-17-2008 at 09:35 PM   #42
Slania

Oh yeah I saw some videos of Welcome Week 2007 I think...it was intense, lmao.
Old 03-18-2008 at 03:44 PM   #43
Victor K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slania View Post
Oh yeah I saw some videos of Welcome Week 2007 I think...it was intense, lmao.

Yeah, I liked those. The best one was the bed racing. Got to try that :$
Old 03-18-2008 at 10:17 PM   #44
Slania

YESSSSS, I'm so doing that. Whoever is not in my building, watch out x)
Old 03-19-2008 at 06:00 AM   #45
tamzmullett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
They said you wouldn't get an offer letter in the mail? Thats odd. Did you get a package with the booklet and cd-rom?

And yes, if you applied to CSMM then what happens is you enter what's called Humanities I. It's your first year of Humanities and you take a whole range of elective courses and only 2 CMST courses. Then you 'specialize' once you get into second year and start to take more CMST related courses. It's interesting because unlike most schools which get you in a stream right away, Humanities at mac give you the ability to take some other cool courses you wouldn't have thought of taking (peace studies, theater and film, history, languages, Arts, Classics, Comp Lit, Philosophy, etc) and then if you end up liking those courses a lot you can always change your mind and specialize in one of those instead.

Of course, being in CMST myself, I like the program and think you'll like it too
I didn't get a package or anything..weird

The email was just like "We are pleased to attach your Official Offer of Admission to McMaster University and a letter of welcome from President Peter George. Please note, you will NOT receive an offer package in the mail. "

Weirddddd

Does anyone know if it's possible to make a meeting with someone at Mac to discuss minoring in another program/the unit system?

I have nooo clue how any of that works :S