MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My offers in jeopardy! Help?! MaryS First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-12-2010 12:04 AM
Alternate Offers amare First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 05-10-2010 04:54 PM
McMaster University Offers of Admission 2010 Thread Rubicon First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 28 04-18-2010 09:28 AM
Conditional Offers yevenbother First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 83 07-15-2009 11:20 PM
McMaster Kinesiology offers of admission? Mac12 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 17 04-15-2009 06:19 PM

Offers of Admission

Old 05-12-2008 at 07:15 PM   #181
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Well... there are certain registration open dates according to your faculty. For example, I think for Business, the registration open date is July 3rd as opposed to Social Sciences which is July 4th. So all of you who have accepted, have to check that. I don't think there are any open dates before May 28, but you should check.
Old 05-13-2008 at 04:02 PM   #182
kenvin100
Elite Member

Liked: 21 Times

I dont know about you guys but Im gonna use this long weekend for McMaster purposes only So much to do before the 28th lol
Old 05-13-2008 at 05:24 PM   #183
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Met View Post
This thread might give you some better info on what to do after you've accepted:

http://www.macinsiders.com/showthread.php?t=1807 6

Btw, if its any consolation, Ive accepted also and haven't really any idea what to do, so your not alone haha. I guess its just a waiting game at this point, until I get my acceptance package.

I dont think you have to worry about course selections; according to this you still have until June 30.

http://www.macinsiders.com/showthread.php?t=1810 0

Oh, and thats cool your going into to poli. sci. it was my second choice after engineering...I eventually chose engineering because I got sick of writing essays after grade 12 english
Article coming soon about process and whatnot!! Hopefully by the end of the weekend!

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 07-01-2008 at 05:23 AM   #184
ishk33

Liked: 12 Times

Hey... I got the admission offer long time back....but I am now waiting for the final acceptance offer. Around what date are they going to release those??? And OUAC is seriously annoying....the final marks are not yet posted there... =(
Old 07-01-2008 at 08:09 AM   #185
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

I think it all depends on when your high school gets the marks to OUAC. Unfortunately, that's not something we really know.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 07-03-2008 at 09:04 AM   #186
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

"Once we begin receiving academic information from the OUAC in mid-July, we will start the reviewing process."

That was stated in an e-mail I got from McMaster, which was a reminder of the conditions I had to satisfy in order to keep my position. So I imagine the marks will be posted sometime very soon, within the next few days or couple weeks.
Old 07-03-2008 at 10:09 PM   #187
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

I think it all depends on your high school, and when they submitted them by. But yes, it should be soon.

Old 07-10-2008 at 09:06 PM   #188
mayberetro

Liked: 0 Times

do you only get your payment agreement confirmation and residence handbook stuff after you've recieved your final admissions? or should i be expecting an email about my payment confirmation?
Old 07-14-2008 at 04:23 PM   #189
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

The first year mailout gets sent July 24thish. So by that time you will have had your acceptance confirmed by the school.

In the mailout you'll get all the info you could ever need about first year and there is different stuff for those living off-campus in comparison to those living on-campus (ie if you're in SOCS you're not going to recieve a copy of the Residence Code of Conduct, etc).

Old 08-03-2008 at 05:51 PM   #190
ishk33

Liked: 12 Times

Hey,

till now I haven't heard from Mcmaster abt my admission...I am pretty sure OUAC has forwarded our final marks...how long will they take??? should i be worried???
Old 08-03-2008 at 06:17 PM   #191
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

At this point McMaster has started sending out the rescinded offers for Science, Business, and Engineering. If you're in one of those faculties and haven't gotten a message I presume you're okay.

Regardless, I'd contact your faculty department directly and ask if they know what's going on. You may end up getting re-directed to the office of the registrar, though.

ishk33 says thanks to lorend for this post.
Old 08-19-2008 at 12:31 AM   #192
youngnicco

Hey. I plan to attent McMaster in Sept 2009. When will it be a good time to send in my application and transcript?
Old 08-19-2008 at 12:41 AM   #193
Leraison

Hey youngnicco, what kind of student are you (ie international, ontario, out of province)?
Old 08-19-2008 at 01:31 AM   #194
youngnicco

I'm an international student.. The Bahamas to be exact.
Old 08-19-2008 at 01:40 AM   #195
Leraison

Hey youngnicco,

Here's a link to the application process for last year. The dates and deadlines should give you a rough idea of when you'll need to submit your application. I suggest checking that website again around mid-to-late-September because that's when they updated it last year. Keep in mind that some programs have specific applications due at specific times (ex. the artsci program has a supplementary app that was due aug 8th).
Best of luck!

Opps, I forgot the link:

http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /future/process.html