MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Microsoft office 07 CAHopeful First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 09-29-2010 02:13 PM
audio file Allana:) Computers & Tech 2 09-16-2010 07:50 AM
File your taxes online for free sniderj Financial Aid 9 02-25-2010 10:45 AM
chemistry office precious Academics 3 01-09-2010 05:11 PM
File Sharing on Campus nikhil Computers & Tech 8 08-03-2007 02:35 PM

Office 2010 - File Associations

Old 08-26-2010 at 09:45 AM   #1
Theashe

Liked: 29 Times

Office 2010 - File Associations
So I recently installed Office 2010 on my new laptop (Win 7), and found that all the file extensions were broken (doc, docx, ppt, pptx, xls, xlsx, etc...) that led to the Office Programs. Well, no biggie right? I reassociated all the files with the right program just fine, BUT, the white icons didn't change once I had fixed the file association. So beside every type of Office document is a white square that reads "DOCX" (or whatever the extension happens to be) at the bottom. When I double click the icons it still opens the file in the right program, but it's difficult to differentiate them at a glance because they all look the same.

Is there any way to repair the icons/associations so that they show the actual program icon?
Old 08-26-2010 at 12:55 PM   #2
Theashe

Forget it, I fixed it with Default Program Manager 2.6.
Old 08-26-2010 at 01:04 PM   #3
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Close topic.

Yea a quick good search would have solved your issue btw
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 08-26-2010 at 01:19 PM   #4
Theashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon View Post
Close topic.

Yea a quick good search would have solved your issue btw
I searched for it for a long time; guess I just used bad keywords (I was looking for other similar problems and solutions involving Office). I was trying to do it manually through the registry but this was a lot easier lol.