MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official Course Trading Thread 2011/2012 [Archived] Chad Academics 134 01-08-2013 02:03 PM
Official Course Trading Thread 2011/2012 [Archived] ~*Sara*~ Academics 814 12-20-2011 09:48 AM
Official MapleStory Thread Desda Gaming 318 06-12-2011 09:24 PM
Official Course Trading Thread Chad Academics 335 06-09-2011 08:34 AM

Official MSU Presidential 2012 Discussion Thread

Old 01-24-2012 at 11:11 PM   #1
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Official MSU Presidential 2012 Discussion Thread
Use this thread to talk about the presidential candidates in general. To discuss individual candidates and their platforms, visit their unique threads here: http://www.macinsiders.com/forumdisp...-2012-210.html

sf2fs likes this.
Old 01-25-2012 at 12:37 AM   #2
Kacper

Liked: 0 Times

The Silhouette has set up a satellite blog to discuss exactly this. The URL is:
thesilmsupresidential s.wordpress.com
Old 01-25-2012 at 10:07 AM   #3
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

This is a forum thread for general election discussion. The Sil's MSU election campaign blog site is for following their campaign trail.

Manley likes this.
Old 01-25-2012 at 11:47 AM   #4
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 453 Times

I'll vote for a candidate who IS NOT using space in the already-limited MUSC seating areas for their campaign HQ. Seriously.

Old 01-25-2012 at 11:55 AM   #5
MasterFett
Account Locked

Liked: 31 Times

The current president directed all students to use a key-locked lounge that my faculty pays for in their tuition for a studying area. No, you don't pay for it. Stop directing people to it.
Old 01-25-2012 at 12:05 PM   #6
MD-L
2011-2012 MSU President

Liked: 201 Times

Wait wait wait, I did what?
Old 01-25-2012 at 12:17 PM   #7
MasterFett
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD-L View Post
Wait wait wait, I did what?
That "study spaces @ McMaster" poster you posted mentioned the commerce lounge as a place for everyone to go flock to to free up library study space. Thats an amenity that Commerce students pay for its even key protected.

Quote:
Hey everyone,

So we created an image containing 10 of the less known study spaces at McMaster.

First off, yes we are aware that these are now no longer secret. Secondly if you know of any more just post them on the forum! Here is a downloadable pdf just in case Attachment 4011

Attachment 4010

Hope this helps, and good luck on exams.
Old 01-25-2012 at 12:18 PM   #8
MD-L
2011-2012 MSU President

Liked: 201 Times

Ah fair enough, it was something I asked the commerce society president, and other faculty society's about but if that's the case when we do a video on them next semester I won't include it.
Old 01-25-2012 at 12:20 PM   #9
MasterFett
Account Locked

Quote:
Ah fair enough, it was something I asked the commerce society president, and other faculty society's about but if that's the case when we do a video on them next semester I won't include it.
Sounds like its the Commerce society president's fault then, sorry for raising my pitchfork so quick but I hope you can understand where we are coming from. If they want it to be a public amenity then stop charging only commerce students for it. Its annoying having people knock on the door every day for access so people are just lodging the door open with trash cans now to help with the annoyance. If I try to access the isci lounge on top of Thode I get laughed at. Why should our lounge be acceptable to intrude upon?
Old 01-25-2012 at 12:49 PM   #10
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

wah, I'm tired of these presidential b!tcchess taking up precious MUSC seating space for their headquarters. -__-

Old 01-25-2012 at 01:06 PM   #11
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo.monica View Post
wah, I'm tired of these presidential b!tcchess taking up precious MUSC seating space for their headquarters. -__-
taking 10 tables and all they do is talk, hell, I don't even know what they are campaigning for.
the guy who gets my vote is the MG guy or something, cause he wants to expand wifi - which is all i care about right now =.=

Afzal, myroodle like this.
Old 01-25-2012 at 04:11 PM   #12
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

I'm surprised none of them (that I've seen yet) were a part of MI before. -.- Sorta disappointing. Unless they made new accounts for the campaign, though I doubt it.

EDIT: For clarification, knowing that a candidate had been on here before means that they're aware of the basic things students are talking about. Not that being new to MI = being ignorant about Mac, but you know.

Afzal, anon491, RyanC like this.
Old 01-25-2012 at 07:18 PM   #13
lime

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faer View Post
I'm surprised none of them (that I've seen yet) were a part of MI before. -.- Sorta disappointing. Unless they made new accounts for the campaign, though I doubt it.

EDIT: For clarification, knowing that a candidate had been on here before means that they're aware of the basic things students are talking about. Not that being new to MI = being ignorant about Mac, but you know.
I am not sure about other candidates but Chris Erl has been a member on MI since June 2008 and has been fairly active: http://www.macinsiders.com/member.php?u=2908

Faer says thanks to lime for this post.

Faer likes this.
Old 01-25-2012 at 09:40 PM   #14
person33

Liked: 53 Times

theres been a lot of talk of having a fall reading week, and while i dont think we necessarily need one it would be nice if there was a little bit more time between the end of classes and the start of exams, its annoyingg when you have the first possible exam, classes end two days before so some assignments are still due profs ususally dont give out exam reviews/even talk about the exam until the last class so theoretically if i have an exam on wednesday and the review for that class isnt until the monday that leaves two days to study that review sheet- now i know people will say that you should be reviewing every day but as a poli sci major with 100+ pages of reading per class per week i could very well do every reading but then i wouldnt be doing anything else- usually assignments and papers dont really help with reviewing/learning anything relevant for the final exam unless you are using the course material and not doing your own research. i just think that at the end of the semester when you are burnt out from finishing last minute assignments that the last thing i know i would want on my plate is having 2 days to prepare for an exam worth 40% (this has happened to me before)

gguarna likes this.
Old 01-26-2012 at 12:00 AM   #15
sinnersdrown

Liked: 89 Times

I was wondering when the presidential campaign would try and take over Macinsiders as well as the tables in MUSC.