MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How many hours of sleep per night do you need to feel refreshed? Kathy2 General Discussion 32 12-13-2009 05:28 PM
Feel sad :( Don't know anyone Myaccount Residence & Housing 31 09-11-2009 09:24 PM
I feel so helpless. Please help. sad cypress General Discussion 8 07-14-2008 02:38 PM

Okay, so I feel like an idiot..

Old 03-08-2010 at 07:01 PM   #16
healthsci1
Elite Member

Liked: 113 Times

lol mine was terrible considering i was 250lbs when i came to mac, im 165lbs now and whenever i go into an exam i get questioned excessively about how my iD isnt mine.
Old 03-08-2010 at 07:05 PM   #17
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 392 Times

Yeah, I put on about 30 pounds and its a great source of hilarity for all my friends to see gaunt me go to filled-out me.
Old 03-08-2010 at 07:09 PM   #18
Olivia.

Liked: 9 Times

lol thanks Rohan, glad to hear there's so many other students out there stuck looking like a murderer haha
and helthsci1, maybe you should go get a new picture taken then
Old 03-08-2010 at 07:09 PM   #19
Theophilus

Liked: 4 Times

If you 'lose' it and get a new one it is $30 or something. But a previous poster is correct, they will replaced a damaged card for free and they can take pictures there. The lady there told my Korean friend to "please open his eyes" while she took the picture. He wasn't impressed.

They might be willing to put a new picture on your card if you sweet talk them?
Old 03-08-2010 at 07:13 PM   #20
Olivia.

Liked: 9 Times

Hahaha, Theophilus, that's a little depressing. I hope she soon after realized the mistake she made..
either way, I may just give the sweet talking a try
Old 03-08-2010 at 07:22 PM   #21
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times

oh you guys...
Old 03-08-2010 at 08:44 PM   #22
aya017

Liked: 22 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophilus View Post
If you 'lose' it and get a new one it is $30 or something. But a previous poster is correct, they will replaced a damaged card for free and they can take pictures there. The lady there told my Korean friend to "please open his eyes" while she took the picture. He wasn't impressed.

LOL! That's funny. Bad photographer. I feel his pain though, I'm asian (^.^)v lol

Anyway, how damaged does it have to be? I'm slightly tempted to damage it so I can get a new one. I was lazy and I got a passport picture of myself when I was 15.. Ahaha. No smile, no earrings, ears showing = eughh pic.
Old 03-08-2010 at 10:04 PM   #23
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan10 View Post
I'll be the honest one here. We all totally creeped your Macinsiders profile pic
I didn't until I saw this post... >__>
Old 03-08-2010 at 10:08 PM   #24
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Lots of people used their real passport photo for their MacID. Not everyone's picture is a smiling picture. Don't worry, no one will see it but you. The bus drivers barely look at them and the invigilators at exams are more concerned with your name and student number.
Old 03-08-2010 at 10:10 PM   #25
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophilus View Post

Yeah, I think I forgot to mention that detail about replacement cards costing $30. Oops. =\

I could suggest a way to easily make up the cost of the $30, but it may be frowned upon, if not actually illegal. But it's one of those victimless things, even more so than software piracy. (Hint: HSR sticker.)

Also, I sort of assumed that you could get a replacement picture when replacing your card. If they don't charge you to take a picture, what's the harm in them taking another one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aya017 View Post
LOL! That's funny. Bad photographer. I feel his pain though, I'm asian (^.^)v lol

Anyway, how damaged does it have to be? I'm slightly tempted to damage it so I can get a new one. I was lazy and I got a passport picture of myself when I was 15.. Ahaha. No smile, no earrings, ears showing = eughh pic.
I assume if it's damaged enough to the point of unrecognizability (I don't think that's a word), they'll issue a new one. Have some fun with this one if you're going to damage your own card: I suggest the classic permanent marker + moustache. Or a top hat if you already have a moustache. Or draw Terminator-like red eyes, those could work. Just say your younger sibling did it or something.

Last edited by Entropy : 03-08-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old 03-08-2010 at 10:25 PM   #26
cocchiarella

Liked: 24 Times

i look like a serial killer in my photo and it hasn't negatively impacted my university career.
Old 03-08-2010 at 10:27 PM   #27
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

I don't just look like a serial killer, I am a serial killer.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

xo.monica likes this.
Old 03-08-2010 at 10:28 PM   #28
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF_CHAN View Post
LMAO, jeffrey.
same here.
but I did after...
D:

and I look terrible in my picture.
I'm wearing my glasses (bad idea, haha) and my hair is all nasty
AND it doesn't help that it's not even clear..
it's, like, bad quality. lmao.

O_O
I think most people have a terrible student card picture experience.

Old 03-08-2010 at 10:34 PM   #29
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF_CHAN View Post
I didnt, until someone sent me a link to it. Kinda hard not to click a link someone gives you. Theres always a chance it could be a rickroll. And Dammit, I love that song!
Old 03-08-2010 at 11:06 PM   #30
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
nop, if you "loose it" they will just print it again, with the same picture.
Might depend who's working there...when I lost my card a few years back, they asked me if I wanted to take a new picture.

I think if anything, if you go to replace it, specifically ask for a new photo...I think they forget to ask since most people just say 'enh screw it' anyway.