Olympics Hockey Survey richarec General Discussion 10 10-04-2009 08:36 PM
Engineering Olympics RoyK General Discussion 5 10-04-2009 01:08 PM
MSU Olympics - this friday Chad General Discussion 0 09-18-2007 10:30 PM

Olympics

Old 07-28-2012 at 06:31 PM   #16
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

anyone have a link to watch it online. i tried to find a place to stream it and spent like 3 hours and couldn't find anything yesterday. So at the very least i want to see if someone posted the entirety up.
Old 07-28-2012 at 07:18 PM   #17
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Liked: 229 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier View Post
anyone have a link to watch it online. i tried to find a place to stream it and spent like 3 hours and couldn't find anything yesterday. So at the very least i want to see if someone posted the entirety up.
here
http://www.ctvolympics.ca/videos/cha...mony-6722.html
its the full replay of opening ceremony

Chevalier, marido all say thanks to cjdzl for this post.
Old 07-28-2012 at 07:19 PM   #18
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
Thought the opening was pretty boring and didn't showcase GB well (I only have some English descent, so maybe I didn't get it, lol).

They went historical, but only did Industrial Revolution, WWI and the rest via a musical number. Why not a nod to the Empire and/or Commonwealth (visiting India, Canada, etc)? Why not something with knights and castles? Stonehenge?

Why no references to London itself (other than that Thames video in the start)?
I loved the historical opening! I thought they did a lot of references to London. They had Big Ben, the Tower of London, London bridge, the Royal Guard with the Buzby hats. I also loved that they incorporated the flying pig from Pink Floyd and Ratty and Mole from The Wind in the Willows. I agree with Stone Henge, though. That would have been a cool addition.

I also LOVED that they had a man dressed as Charles Dickens recite Prospero's lines from the Tempest. And the fireworks were incredible.
Old 07-29-2012 at 12:28 AM   #19
Twelve Chars

Liked: 318 Times

britb likes this.
Old 07-29-2012 at 11:41 AM   #20
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
I also LOVED that they had a man dressed as Charles Dickens recite Prospero's lines from the Tempest. And the fireworks were incredible.
Sorry, had to mention--the man was Sir Kenneth Branagh, also known as the actor who played Gilderoy Lockhart in the Harry Potter movies. Not that I recognized him off the bat, but I thought it was a cool bit of trivia.
Old 07-29-2012 at 11:59 AM   #21
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twelve Chars View Post
I remember these guys (the independents??)

They also had a race.
Old 07-29-2012 at 04:36 PM   #22
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faer View Post
Sorry, had to mention--the man was Sir Kenneth Branagh, also known as the actor who played Gilderoy Lockhart in the Harry Potter movies. Not that I recognized him off the bat, but I thought it was a cool bit of trivia.
NO WAY. I did not know that! That's so awesome! I totally see how he is Lockheart now! It's quite fitting, really, that he played Prospero, because there are a lot of Kenneth Branagh adaptions of Shakespeare's plays. Thanks for the information!