MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Avenue Quizzes Mepper First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-17-2010 10:33 PM
Online Courses? Mac12 Academics 8 04-13-2009 08:45 PM
unmarked quizzes? TaNMaN Academics 7 12-27-2008 08:09 AM
Tests and quizzes sinthusized First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 07-28-2008 10:44 AM

Online quizzes

Old 09-13-2010 at 05:55 PM   #1
luxhydrus

Liked: 0 Times

Online quizzes
Is it just me, or would online quizzes be much more effictive towards our learning if they were formative rather than graded.
Old 09-13-2010 at 06:21 PM   #2
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Generally, I think online quizzes are a good way to be graded, especially for first years. You can use your notes and any other resources, and plus you get to do it in the comfort of your own home. Its much less intimidating. I don't find it much different from in-class quizzes. There is a set time to complete the quiz in-class, just as online. And you can't ask for help eitherway. So I really think its a good thing. They're also effective towards learning because it ensures that students are studying throughout the semester instead of just cramming before exams. It keeps us on track.
Old 09-13-2010 at 06:23 PM   #3
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

Yeah agreed with previous comment. I would put the online quizzes off till later or avoid them if they weren't for marks. And since you can easily get perfect on them if you put forth the effort, its like free marks!