OSAP help? jochanny Financial Aid 3 08-13-2010 08:37 PM
Osap vp15 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 07-22-2010 08:55 PM

Osap

Old 07-01-2008 at 10:08 AM   #1
Goce
Elite Member

Liked: 36 Times

Osap
I am currently filling it out, I was wondering what I would check off as my program.

It does not have Combined Honours Politics and Communications. I am in the Social Science faculty and going into year 2. Would I pick Political Science year 2 of 4 Bachelor's Degree?

Thank you?
Old 07-01-2008 at 02:36 PM   #2
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

I have to do mine via a paper application so it's a bit different but what I do know is that when you're doing a combined honours of Humanities and Social Sciences you're listed as a Humanities student. Don't ask me why, I don't know.

However, I would call the Financial Aid office and ask them about it because I've always been able to write in my program

Old 07-01-2008 at 03:51 PM   #3
Goce
Elite Member

Thanks for the suggestion. You are right, but in the case of Communications, I actually still am a Social Science student. Communications is everything and anything it seems like.
Old 07-01-2008 at 03:54 PM   #4
Goce
Elite Member

See, I am doing this for my QEII scholarship, which they say you automtically get consider each year. But in the payment agreement it does not include it, though I kept up my average. I am going to further investigate the issue.
Old 07-01-2008 at 06:44 PM   #5
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

I thought you had to be an incoming student in order to get that? Cause my average was great after my first year and I wasn't considered...

Old 07-01-2008 at 07:05 PM   #6
Eva C
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goce View Post
See, I am doing this for my QEII scholarship, which they say you automtically get consider each year. But in the payment agreement it does not include it, though I kept up my average. I am going to further investigate the issue.
hey Goce, I have QEII. If you pass the minimum average of 9.5 each year, OSAP application will automatically include it in the QEII portion and it will indicate your renewal. As for the payment agreement, it will show up under "McMaster Scholorships", since the QEII money will be given to McMaster to give to you, so it will be included under that heading. hope that helps. if you kept up your average, just wait and it will indicate it very soon when they update the information. I have my QEII renewed according to the OSAP application, and on my mac payment agreement for this upcoming year! so just be patient..

and to reply koksas. You get QEII when you are entering year I. Then they let you renew it if you maintain a certain average. I dont' think they give it to more people when they have entered university but didn't get it when entering from highschool. hope that made sense..
Old 07-01-2008 at 07:57 PM   #7
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Kinda but not really because my average has been over over 9.5 every year and yet I only got QEII in my first year.

Old 07-01-2008 at 08:51 PM   #8
Eva C
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokosas View Post
Kinda but not really because my average has been over over 9.5 every year and yet I only got QEII in my first year.
that's werid.. maybe you should ask financial aid office...:S you deserve your scholorship for working hard during the school year!
Old 07-01-2008 at 10:01 PM   #9
lampk

Liked: 0 Times

i have a problem.
this isn't concerning the payment agreement because i already know how to do that.

my problem is on the osap site itself. When i log into my account on OSAP and click "Check Status", it will say under "Checklist" that "Insitution must provide program costs."

what does that mean? my friends in business I also attending Mac checked the site as well, but when they clicked ChecK Status, it displayed their funding amount provided by OSAP.

i wonder if anyone knows how to fix this? or what this means? i'll be calling the office 2morrow, but i just wanted some input right now.

any help would be appreciated
Old 07-02-2008 at 09:55 AM   #10
Goce
Elite Member

Is that the case even after having it go under a seperate category in 1st year (McMaster entrance AND ______). In OSAP it says I am able to recieve it, but that I need to re-enter info for 2008-2009, and that Mac needs to take the money out.
Old 07-02-2008 at 10:13 AM   #11
Eva C
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goce View Post
Is that the case even after having it go under a seperate category in 1st year (McMaster entrance AND ______). In OSAP it says I am able to recieve it, but that I need to re-enter info for 2008-2009, and that Mac needs to take the money out.
hey Goce, um under my payment agreement it always listed both my entrance and QEII as "Mcmaster Scholarship" and added the amount up in that. Did osap say you are eligible or it has been renewed? If you are eligible, you still need to fill out an osap application for the 08/09 year, that might be what you are missing. After you fill in osap and hand in that declaration form, mcmaster will take care of it to give all your info th QEII ppl and get the money for you. When they get the money for you it will list it in the payment agreement and you can use it to pay for your tuition. That's what I have been doing for the past few years. hope that's the problem. and lampk, i am not too sure what is wrong w/ your situation, did you specify your program properly? hand in your declaration form? i'd just call financial aid for help with that. sorry and good luck!
Old 07-02-2008 at 10:34 AM   #12
Goce
Elite Member

You are correct Eva, I should have listened to you all along. Looking at my records, I keep a copy of everything, that is the way it was. However, before it said OSAP issued and now it says no application. Is this something I should re-solve, my amount is pretty much paid, or is it okay to leave as is? I just recieved the funding on June 30th.

Thank you sooooooo much!

Last edited by Goce : 07-02-2008 at 10:43 AM.
Old 07-02-2008 at 10:53 AM   #13
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Lampk,
It means that the school hasn't give OSAP the information regarding your tuition, residence, meal plans etc costs (if you're going into residence of course). Call the financial aid office and ask about it but I wouldn't worry just yet. Just because your friends is done doesn't mean yours will be too. It's done by department and there are a lot of students. Call just in case, but I wouldn't worry too much.

Old 07-02-2008 at 02:55 PM   #14
lampk

alright, thank you koko
Old 07-02-2008 at 04:15 PM   #15
Duncanson

Two questions if anyone knows the answer to:

I applied for OSAP on June 9th, but it took a while for the application to go through. It wasn't until June 30th that I got an amount of funding osap would give me.

Does that mean that I can't use OSAP to use in the P.A? Because something tells me that the application should be processed by June 15th, not to apply for osap by june 15th.

If I can't use my osap on my payment agreement, what can I do with the funding?

Last edited by Duncanson : 07-02-2008 at 04:23 PM.