OSAP & Job feonateresa Financial Aid 9 08-17-2010 09:23 PM
OSAP help? jochanny Financial Aid 3 08-13-2010 08:37 PM
Osap vp15 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 07-22-2010 08:55 PM

osap

Old 08-25-2009 at 07:31 PM   #1
Theexe1

Liked: 0 Times

osap
hi, I was checking osap and it still says i need to do the confirmation of enrollment page or whatever. Is that something i have to do? I thought I didn't and i also thought it should be finished by now.
Old 08-25-2009 at 07:32 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theexe1 View Post
hi, I was checking osap and it still says i need to do the confirmation of enrollment page or whatever. Is that something i have to do? I thought I didn't and i also thought it should be finished by now.
Confirmation of enrolment is when you go and pick up your OSAP.
Old 08-26-2009 at 10:46 AM   #3
lmasud

Liked: 33 Times

can anyone tell me how and why the osap amount decreases.
i originally got an estimate of 4k but it got reduced to 3K
Old 08-26-2009 at 12:10 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmasud View Post
Estimates are only done based on the information you provided. They actually go through all the information and compare it to the real information. Sometimes there are differences which influence the amount you actually get.
Old 08-26-2009 at 12:38 PM   #5
Sultan

Liked: 3 Times

If my 60% of osap + schlarship covers my tuition and I don't have a balance to pay, then i don't have to worry about bringing a cheque to pick up my loan, or setting up online banking or anything like that, right?
Old 08-26-2009 at 12:42 PM   #6
smashpro1123

Liked: 5 Times

so i went today to pick up my osap, and got my confirmation of enrolment signed. i thought we have to mail the confirmation of enrolment or do they do that for us cus they didn't say anything about it? i'm confused...

in the financial aid and scholarship website, they said.
You will be asked to confirm financial information on the Confirmation of Enrolment form (C of E) when you pick up your first loan/grant certificate. This form must be completed or 2nd term loan/grant certificates cannot be produced. You must submit your signed loan documents to an authorized postal outlet. (Titles post office is an authorized facility) or the NSLSC within 30 days of signing and before the end of your study period as defined by OSAP.

Last edited by smashpro1123 : 08-26-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old 08-26-2009 at 12:50 PM   #7
lmasud

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Estimates are only done based on the information you provided. They actually go through all the information and compare it to the real information. Sometimes there are differences which influence the amount you actually get.
no my "estimate" was higher than 4K. MUGSI told me i got 4K when i registered, but later on it got lower to 3K
Old 08-26-2009 at 12:51 PM   #8
saukalra
Elite Member

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashpro1123 View Post
so i went today to pick up my osap, and got my confirmation of enrolment signed. i thought we have to mail the confirmation of enrolment or do they do that for us cus they didn't say anything about it? i'm confused...

in the financial aid and scholarship website, they said.

You will be asked to confirm financial information on the Confirmation of Enrolment form (C of E) when you pick up your first loan/grant certificate. This form must be completed or 2nd term loan/grant certificates cannot be produced. You must submit your signed loan documents to an authorized postal outlet. (Titles post office is an authorized facility) or the NSLSC within 30 days of signing and before the end of your study period as defined by OSAP.
You just have to sign it when you pickup your osap and they'll take care of the rest.
Old 08-26-2009 at 12:53 PM   #9
smashpro1123

oh ok so the info from the website is wrong then. so i'm gud then right. they'll just take care of the confirmation of enrolment.

thanks..
Old 08-26-2009 at 12:59 PM   #10
saukalra
Elite Member

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashpro1123 View Post
oh ok so the info from the website is wrong then. so i'm gud then right. they'll just take care of the confirmation of enrolment.

thanks..
Yeah you are good. After you sign the form, they keep it with themselves and take care of it. Atleast thats how it was last year when I picked up my osap.
Old 08-26-2009 at 01:02 PM   #11
smashpro1123

ok that's good. cus i just got worried a bit cus they didn't mention anything about it but when i was reading that loan sheet, it says STEP 4 mail to NSLSC or Canada Post Outlet.

thanks again.. for clarifying
Old 08-26-2009 at 01:07 PM   #12
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
no my "estimate" was higher than 4K. MUGSI told me i got 4K when i registered, but later on it got lower to 3K
Oh, I see. In any case, there are many factors that affect OSAP and if you didn't fill out the application precisely or if something changes, then it affect your OSAP.
Old 08-26-2009 at 01:15 PM   #13
Lizliz

Liked: 15 Times

so how long was the line-up? how long were u guys waiting?
Old 08-26-2009 at 01:17 PM   #14
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Liked: 60 Times

Quote:
Like jhan said many thing affect your OSAP application. Mine changed as well and I couldnt figure out why until I looked closer and I saw that I got the Aiming for the Top Scholarship which added a good amount of money so reduced it earlier. Did your income change? That can change it too. Don't e-mail them they will tell you to see them in person so you should go to them directly, though they are very busy now.

Old 08-26-2009 at 01:18 PM   #15
VastHorizon
Elite Member

Liked: 128 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizliz View Post
so how long was the line-up? how long were u guys waiting?
I waited for 50 minutes for a 15-meter line to get inside. Then it took around 45 minutes to an hour to finish everything inside.