MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Payment agreement/OSAP uppalss First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-24-2010 07:15 PM
OSAP and Payment Agreement - Payment Options Kathy2 Financial Aid 1 07-04-2010 12:53 PM
OSAP Payment VastHorizon Financial Aid 9 12-31-2009 08:25 PM
payment plans on solar, need help oDianao First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 07-13-2009 11:03 PM
OSAP/Payment Agreement...Please Help Ruggedman First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 08-26-2008 12:26 PM

OSAP and Payment Plans!

Old 08-13-2009 at 07:07 AM   #1
hellonewyork

Liked: 27 Times

OSAP and Payment Plans!
I am really confused!
I selected the installment plan, but as I was reading the information on it, the first payment must be made by Sept. 1. Don't I have to go to the financial office and fill in the form when I go to school? That is after Sept. 1.
Also, when I fill in the form at the office, that is also when I give them my debit card account number right?
Old 08-13-2009 at 11:51 AM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellonewyork View Post
I am really confused!
I selected the installment plan, but as I was reading the information on it, the first payment must be made by Sept. 1. Don't I have to go to the financial office and fill in the form when I go to school? That is after Sept. 1.
Also, when I fill in the form at the office, that is also when I give them my debit card account number right?
You should go to the financial office no matter what to clarify what you have to do exactly in your specific case. I'm assuming 'installment plan' is where you don't make a payment in full?
Old 08-13-2009 at 11:56 AM   #3
dmzz
Polymath extraordinaire.

Liked: 51 Times

On that plan, you have until the end of September to make the payment without it incurring any interest. They say the date is Sept. 1 to avoid hassle. You technically have until the end of the month to pay your "September payment". If there is any left over starting in October, it incurs a 1.2% interest rate.

Old 08-13-2009 at 12:44 PM   #4
hellonewyork

Liked: 27 Times

Ohhh, thanks! If it's by the end of September, then I have no problem. Thank you!
Old 08-14-2009 at 11:29 AM   #5
camais

Liked: 30 Times

on my payment plan it doesnt include the "canada student grant" part of the osap
is this going to be recalculated or should i be concerned?
Old 08-14-2009 at 11:35 AM   #6
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by camais View Post
on my payment plan it doesnt include the "canada student grant" part of the osap
is this going to be recalculated or should i be concerned?
I don't think grants go toward your tuition. Only scholarships and bursaries. The grants go into your pocket (I think).

camais says thanks to jhan523 for this post.