OSAP and Flex OSAP Plan HELP! knguyens2 Financial Aid 4 08-23-2010 09:40 AM
OSAP & Job feonateresa Financial Aid 9 08-17-2010 09:23 PM
OSAP help? jochanny Financial Aid 3 08-13-2010 08:37 PM
Osap vp15 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 07-22-2010 08:55 PM

OSAP booboo

Old 06-23-2010 at 11:27 PM   #16
Lizliz

Liked: 15 Times

I have this when i check my status on OSAP (does anyone else have this; it's been like that for over 3 weeks):

Your application is currently on hold and cannot be processed any further.
Your school is in the process of providing OSAP with information on their programs and tuition, fee and book costs. This information is needed before OSAP can calculate your funding. Please check back later.
Most schools will have provided the ministry with their program and cost information by mid June. Please check back later. You may wish to contact your school for further details.
Old 06-24-2010 at 10:12 AM   #17
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizliz View Post
I have this when i check my status on OSAP (does anyone else have this; it's been like that for over 3 weeks):

Your application is currently on hold and cannot be processed any further.
Your school is in the process of providing OSAP with information on their programs and tuition, fee and book costs. This information is needed before OSAP can calculate your funding. Please check back later.
Most schools will have provided the ministry with their program and cost information by mid June. Please check back later. You may wish to contact your school for further details.
Well, course registration isn't even over yet since the first year have to choose their courses. Just be patient, there's nothing you can do.

Also, don't forget to submit your declarations if you haven't done so already.
Old 06-24-2010 at 03:52 PM   #18
eun1031

Liked: 0 Times

About QEII scholarship
I know the McMaster information sheets say that the Queen Elizabeth II Scholarship is due by June 18th, but apparently on the OSAP website it indicates June 25th as the last day. I had an hour heart attack after submitting my OSAP application today until I found out. You should double check on the OSAP website (I'm locked out because I just submitted my application today) but I hope this helps...

Angoose says thanks to eun1031 for this post.
Old 06-25-2010 at 09:50 PM   #19
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

I really hope I'm not late for the application :(. I wish everyone else good luck >: O.
Old 06-25-2010 at 10:31 PM   #20
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angoose View Post
I really hope I'm not late for the application :(. I wish everyone else good luck >: O.
July 15th is the last day if you want OSAP to be a payment option on your payment agreement. So you are pretty early, although I'm pretty sure you missed the QEII scholarship deadline.
Old 06-26-2010 at 11:57 PM   #21
Angoose
Elite Member

I just tried to register for courses, and I'm wondering...if I choose the OSAP flex plan, is the interest being charged to the total that I owe them, or just the remaining 40%, since I have to pay 60% by mid Sept.
Old 06-27-2010 at 12:12 AM   #22
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
I just tried to register for courses, and I'm wondering...if I choose the OSAP flex plan, is the interest being charged to the total that I owe them, or just the remaining 40%, since I have to pay 60% by mid Sept.
Interest is calculated at the end of each month on the outstanding balance. So it would be on the 40%, or whatever it says in your account statement (I say this because you can use your McMaster card as a student card).
Old 06-27-2010 at 07:30 PM   #23
Angoose
Elite Member

Oh, I gotcha. Post-secondary education is expensive :(.
Old 06-27-2010 at 08:22 PM   #24
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Oh, I gotcha. Post-secondary education is expensive :(.
Just be glad you aren't an international student XD
Old 07-06-2010 at 07:41 PM   #25
Angoose
Elite Member

Hopefully everyone had a great Canada day . My marks just got sent to OUAC a few days ago, and my top six (including prereqs) is 0.3% away from the entrance scholarship requirement. I've calculated that I need two percent in one course in order to reach the requirement. If I'm able to meet the requirement, I may get the extra 1000$. Should I try and talk to guidance about it?
Old 07-09-2010 at 09:06 AM   #26
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Hopefully everyone had a great Canada day . My marks just got sent to OUAC a few days ago, and my top six (including prereqs) is 0.3% away from the entrance scholarship requirement. I've calculated that I need two percent in one course in order to reach the requirement. If I'm able to meet the requirement, I may get the extra 1000$. Should I try and talk to guidance about it?
I don't know if you can do anything about it now that marks have already been sent. Usually you would talk to your teachers before they enter the marks into the database. But it's worth a try for extra money.
Old 07-09-2010 at 04:06 PM   #27
Angoose
Elite Member

Darn it, the teacher's not teaching summer school this year. I won't even get to see him. I guess there goes the money.