MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Confirmation of enrollment? Qadd First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-15-2010 06:49 PM
Osap Supporting Documentation Form meena101 Financial Aid 8 09-04-2010 08:28 PM
OSAP - Confirmation of Enrolment Form manaya Financial Aid 2 08-31-2010 07:36 PM
Confirmation Packages sango Academics 76 08-21-2008 11:41 PM

OSAP: Confirmation of Enrolment form

Old 09-24-2009 at 02:21 PM   #1
Allan
Elite Member

Liked: 115 Times

OSAP: Confirmation of Enrolment form
I've applied for OSAP, and now it says I need to complete a Confirmation of Enrolment form. And it says it will be sent to my institution’s financial aid office.

Do I need to pick this form up from somewhere and fill it out?

Also, do I need to complete this step if I'm only interested in receiving the $150 textbook grant, and not any OSAP funding?

Thanks.
Old 09-24-2009 at 03:01 PM   #2
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

When you go to "pick up" your OSAP, you'll see the Confirmation of Enrolment form there, and you'll take a copy with you I believe. As for the TTG, I believe you only needed to apply for OSAP to be considered.

Allan says thanks to feonateresa for this post.
Old 09-24-2009 at 05:42 PM   #3
saukalra
Elite Member

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
When you go to "pick up" your OSAP, you'll see the Confirmation of Enrolment form there, and you'll take a copy with you I believe. As for the TTG, I believe you only needed to apply for OSAP to be considered.
Yup thats right. Also note that it takes them a couple of weeks to update your status on the osap website. So you will still see under ur status that u need to fill out the confirmation of enrolment form even after picking up ur osap and signing the form for a week or two.
Old 09-24-2009 at 06:48 PM   #4
rrtt
Elite Member

Liked: 56 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan View Post
Also, do I need to complete this step if I'm only interested in receiving the $150 textbook grant, and not any OSAP funding?
On the OSAP website, there is an application for students only applying for the TTG. Like feonateresa said, if you apply for OSAP you are automatically considered for the TTG. If you are not applying to OSAP/decide not to recieve any OSAP funding, you will need to fill out the TTG application. However, there are deadlines you need to follow. The deadlines can be found on the OSAP webpage (http://osap.gov.on.ca/) under "Applying".
Old 09-24-2009 at 07:23 PM   #5
Allan
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtt View Post
On the OSAP website, there is an application for students only applying for the TTG. Like feonateresa said, if you apply for OSAP you are automatically considered for the TTG. If you are not applying to OSAP/decide not to recieve any OSAP funding, you will need to fill out the TTG application. However, there are deadlines you need to follow. The deadlines can be found on the OSAP webpage (http://osap.gov.on.ca/) under "Applying".
The seperate application for the TTG is being discontinued this year, so that we had to apply for OSAP either way.

What does it mean to "pick up" my OSAP? What am I picking up?
Old 09-24-2009 at 07:51 PM   #6
saukalra
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtt View Post
Actually this year only those applying to osap are eligible for TTG and they are automatically considered. Theres no separate application for TTG.
Old 09-24-2009 at 07:54 PM   #7
saukalra
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan View Post

What does it mean to "pick up" my OSAP? What am I picking up?
Picking up osap just refers to the process where you go to sign and pickup your loan documents. They need your signature to confirm that you agree to pay to mcmaster from your osap. Even if you are not using osap for tution, you still have to go through the process for the money to be transferred to your bank account.

Allan says thanks to saukalra for this post.
Old 09-24-2009 at 10:23 PM   #8
Allan
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saukalra View Post
Picking up osap just refers to the process where you go to sign and pickup your loan documents. They need your signature to confirm that you agree to pay to mcmaster from your osap. Even if you are not using osap for tution, you still have to go through the process for the money to be transferred to your bank account.
What if I'm not interested in getting the OSAP loan? Do I still need to go "pick-up"?

I just want the Textbook Grant, which I believe they send out by cheque at a later time.
Old 09-24-2009 at 10:51 PM   #9
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Yes, I'm pretty sure you have to go in to negotiate your documents even if you're not getting the loan. This is because when you go fill out the paperwork, the confirmation of enrollment form is included. (Or rather, you sign something on your document that confirms your enrollment).

The reason they make such a big deal of this (some confusion arises and people think it's a 'separate form') is because some people apply for interest free status, and/or stop getting their OSAP documents but are still attending university so their loans should not accrue interest.
Old 09-25-2009 at 01:20 AM   #10
conatdu
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 0 Times

Thanks for sharing. It's great