MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OSAP - Confirmation of Enrolment Form manaya Financial Aid 2 08-31-2010 07:36 PM
OSAP: Confirmation of Enrolment form Allan General Discussion 9 09-25-2009 01:20 AM
OSAP Supporting Documentation & QE Scholarship Alchemist11 Financial Aid 5 08-15-2009 11:48 PM
Summer Job School Documentation :S fleenagirl General Discussion 7 01-13-2009 07:30 PM

Osap Supporting Documentation Form

Old 09-01-2010 at 09:01 PM   #1
meena101

Liked: 4 Times

Osap Supporting Documentation Form
Hello,

Quick question... I was out of the country for the majority of the summer, due to a family emergency abroad and I just got back and realized I have not yet sent in the supporting documentation papers that require mine and my parents signature. My osap application has been approved, it's just waiting for those papers.

Since I am from about 6 hours away, I will be moving in on MONDAY in residence, so Can't i just drop off the papers to MAC'S financial aid office myself, instead of mailing it now?

Will I still get it all approved and have my osap released to me before the late fee's start to kick in??

I HOPE so :( !

Any advice would be great.

Thanks.
Old 09-01-2010 at 09:08 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by meena101 View Post
Hello,

Quick question... I was out of the country for the majority of the summer, due to a family emergency abroad and I just got back and realized I have not yet sent in the supporting documentation papers that require mine and my parents signature. My osap application has been approved, it's just waiting for those papers.

Since I am from about 6 hours away, I will be moving in on MONDAY in residence, so Can't i just drop off the papers to MAC'S financial aid office myself, instead of mailing it now?

Will I still get it all approved and have my osap released to me before the late fee's start to kick in??

I HOPE so :( !

Any advice would be great.

Thanks.
Yes, you can drop it in personally if you think it'll be faster. Chances are it won't be done in time for September 15th. It usually takes a couple of weeks to process the forms, even if it's just checking for signatures. It should be done by the 30th though, so you could most like avoid the interest. Talk with a Financial Advisor if you want to know your options.
Old 09-01-2010 at 09:09 PM   #3
meena101

so, will i get charged a late fee, how much will that late fee be? should i just call tomorrow.
Old 09-01-2010 at 09:20 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by meena101 View Post
so, will i get charged a late fee, how much will that late fee be? should i just call tomorrow.
Definitively call.

I'm not entirely sure, but you might be charged 35$ for not picking up your OSAP by September 15th. You should also note that they almost always extend the pick-up date so that might push back the deadline, but not necessarily since it's McMaster's decision.
Old 09-01-2010 at 09:21 PM   #5
meena101

okay great thanks for your help !
Old 09-04-2010 at 07:34 PM   #6
rant

Liked: 3 Times

I was wondering if someone could give me some information.

I mailed my signature pages 2 weeks ago, checked with Canada Post, the forms were delivered and signed for.

OSAP says my application is still on hold because it hasn't received my supporting documentation (signature pages & confirmation of enrollment).

1. Does this mean that if I try to pick up my funding on the 8th, the forms will not be there?

2. I live in Toronto, and commute to Mac via the Go train. Should I go in on the 8th to re-submit my signature pages in person to the SFAS? Does anyone know if this means I would be able to pick up my funding on that day?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Old 09-04-2010 at 07:51 PM   #7
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rant View Post
I was wondering if someone could give me some information.

I mailed my signature pages 2 weeks ago, checked with Canada Post, the forms were delivered and signed for.

OSAP says my application is still on hold because it hasn't received my supporting documentation (signature pages & confirmation of enrollment).

1. Does this mean that if I try to pick up my funding on the 8th, the forms will not be there?

2. I live in Toronto, and commute to Mac via the Go train. Should I go in on the 8th to re-submit my signature pages in person to the SFAS? Does anyone know if this means I would be able to pick up my funding on that day?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
1. Correct

2. You can call SFAS on the 7th and ask if they have received your supporting documents. If you do have to re-submit them then your OSAP won't be available for a while. They have to process your declarations, send them to OSAP and then get OSAP to send your pick-up forms down.

rant says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 09-04-2010 at 08:03 PM   #8
rant

Liked: 3 Times

Thank you, Jeremy, I appreciate it.

Have you any idea how I would recieve confirmation that the loan documents are at Mac for me to pick up? Would OSAP e-mail me, or do I need to obsessively check my OSAP status summary page?

Also, would you by chance have a guesstimate for me in terms of wait-time for this to go through? If the pages were confirmed by Canada Post as being delivered on the 24th of August, do you think I might be able to pick up the loan before the 30th of September?

And, one last question (thank you thank you): Do you know at what point of not paying fees would I be removed from my program?

Thank you very much for your help.
Old 09-04-2010 at 08:28 PM   #9
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rant View Post
Thank you, Jeremy, I appreciate it.

Have you any idea how I would recieve confirmation that the loan documents are at Mac for me to pick up? Would OSAP e-mail me, or do I need to obsessively check my OSAP status summary page?

Also, would you by chance have a guesstimate for me in terms of wait-time for this to go through? If the pages were confirmed by Canada Post as being delivered on the 24th of August, do you think I might be able to pick up the loan before the 30th of September?

And, one last question (thank you thank you): Do you know at what point of not paying fees would I be removed from my program?

Thank you very much for your help.
SFAS would be able to answer your question. But you can keep checking in the mean time. If it's been issued then it should be at McMaster.

Yes, it should definitively be here within a month. You should expect 2-3 weeks from the day you sent the declarations (most likely closer to 3 weeks at this time of year).

I asked SAC which terms and conditions were the most updated and they pointed out the one where there was no academic penalties on not paying your fees (other than not being able to see your marks and not being able to register for courses in the upcoming year which would be 2011-2012). So you shouldn't be kicked out of registration, but you can give SAC a call to make sure (although they are probably really busy with all the payments that they have to sort through right now).