MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
McMaster Summer School for high school student MacPack First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 08-04-2010 06:35 PM
Required courses for second year, med school, summer school, etc. kwyhan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 12-26-2009 07:14 PM
! Summer School / Co-op Help Kurt_ Academics 9 05-02-2009 11:06 AM
Summer School Afrisa Academics 14 05-29-2008 03:53 PM
Summer School laffand Academics 13 07-17-2007 11:09 PM

Summer Job School Documentation :S

Old 01-08-2009 at 10:57 AM   #1
fleenagirl

Liked: 0 Times

Summer Job School Documentation :S
Hey,

I'm applying for a summer job with the city of Burlington, and the lady told me that I require school documentation. She said, "School documentation must be official and indicate where you are in your programme as well as intent/eligibility to continue into the fall of 2009." If anybody knows exactly how I might be able to get this information/what exactly I need to get, could you post a reply? (This is probably a simple thing to get, but I don't know how to get it)

Thanks!
Old 01-08-2009 at 11:04 AM   #2
jennn

If you go to Gilmore Hall you can get a letter stating what program you are enrolled in and how many years the program is and they will sign it for you and you can use that as a proof of registration.

For showing your eligibiity for next year however, since we are only done one term, Im not sure what you can do because technically you have not been accepted into a program from next year. Im guessing because the letter mentioned above shows how long the program is, that might do.

fleenagirl says thanks to jennn for this post.
Old 01-08-2009 at 11:56 AM   #3
fleenagirl

Where exactly in Gilmore Hall do I go?

Thanks btw!
Old 01-08-2009 at 01:07 PM   #4
wankey

You just need a letter saying you'll be returning to school. It's for tax purposes (they can label you a coop so they can get the government to pay half your salary)

Just go to the registrar... ask them for the letter. They will print one out and sign it on the spot. It's a very easy process.

fleenagirl says thanks to wankey for this post.
Old 01-08-2009 at 01:52 PM   #5
jennn

The registrar office.. Its room 108
Old 01-10-2009 at 04:35 PM   #6
AlienSummer

Liked: 55 Times

I worked for the Town of Whitby last summer, and I was told that all I needed to do was give them a photocopy of my student ID and a copy of my grade report. I didn't need to get anything signed.
Old 01-13-2009 at 02:05 PM   #7
fleenagirl

I've tried to email the lady everything possible and she says that I need proof of eligibility to return in fall 2009 ... don't we need to be finished school to get such proof? I kinda need something by Thursday ... if you have any ideas, let me know. She said that Mac has such letters.

Old 01-13-2009 at 07:30 PM   #8
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Go to the Office of the Registrar and ask. If the people there have no idea what you're talking about ask your prospective employer for more clarification.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 01-25-2009
Maktub
This message has been removed by a moderator. .