OSAP Course Load Changes Desda Financial Aid 1 09-29-2010 04:42 PM
Osap- Determining Course Load sloth Financial Aid 2 07-09-2010 09:18 AM
OSAP & Course Load Greco Financial Aid 5 09-21-2009 11:45 AM

OSAP, course load %, & dropping a course

Old 09-10-2012 at 08:37 PM   #1
hogwarts

Liked: 0 Times

OSAP, course load %, & dropping a course
If I have a 100% course load, and drop one 3-unit course from each term, that means my course load will become 80% (24 units), and I will still be considered as a full-time student, right?

And if I do this, do all I need to do is to let know of the Financial Aid about this so that my OSAP funding won't be screwed up?

I have sent my MSFAA and OSAP pages on the 2nd to the last week of August, so I'm quite sure they won't be depositing the money soon to my account.
It's just that, I am worried because, what if I they've suddenly released my funding and deposited the money to my account, and there's obviously an "extra" amount that I shouldn't have gotten since I already dropped the load to 80%?

Also, if I drop courses on SOLAR, do I still have to confirm the Payment Agreement?
The last day for adding/dropping courses is Sept. 14; however, the last time to change/update the Payment Agreement has already passed: Sept. 1st.

So if anyone here could help me out, it'd be great!
Thanks in advance.
Old 09-10-2012 at 08:56 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogwarts View Post
If I have a 100% course load, and drop one 3-unit course from each term, that means my course load will become 80% (24 units), and I will still be considered as a full-time student, right?

And if I do this, do all I need to do is to let know of the Financial Aid about this so that my OSAP funding won't be screwed up?

I have sent my MSFAA and OSAP pages on the 2nd to the last week of August, so I'm quite sure they won't be depositing the money soon to my account.
It's just that, I am worried because, what if I they've suddenly released my funding and deposited the money to my account, and there's obviously an "extra" amount that I shouldn't have gotten since I already dropped the load to 80%?

Also, if I drop courses on SOLAR, do I still have to confirm the Payment Agreement?
The last day for adding/dropping courses is Sept. 14; however, the last time to change/update the Payment Agreement has already passed: Sept. 1st.

So if anyone here could help me out, it'd be great!
Thanks in advance.
Drop courses, notify OSAP through SFAS (There's a form). Any changes in your OSAP funding will be made either (1) prior to the first OSAP deposit or (2) on the second OSAP deposit. I don't think 60% of your OSAP right now will be more than 100% of your OSAP after the reassessment but if it is the case then you will have to return the excess amount to OSAP or NSLSC

hogwarts says thanks to jhan523 for this post.