MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sending payments to mac Reda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 08-24-2010 11:17 PM
Question about payments Danielle.g First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-23-2010 06:38 PM
Tuition Fees and Possible Tuition Reduction due to Headstart/LEAP MacPack First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 06-10-2010 09:07 PM
Tuition Payments Charbs First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 08-27-2009 12:30 AM
Reminders - Residence labels, Tuition Payments ferreinm MacInsiders Announcements 4 09-01-2008 04:20 AM

OSAP covering payments for September tuition

Old 08-23-2009 at 12:40 PM   #16
jc24

Liked: 0 Times

On the OSAP Release email that i received, it says that you must present a Mcmaster Student ID Card as one of the those things that u need to have on you....

I haven't received my Student ID Card and Mcmaster sent me an email saying they never go it although i personaly dropped it off myself. I'm going to call the registrar office but i'm sure i won't have my student card by the next two days or so... so what do i do?
Old 08-23-2009 at 12:49 PM   #17
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc24 View Post
On the OSAP Release email that i received, it says that you must present a Mcmaster Student ID Card as one of the those things that u need to have on you....

I haven't received my Student ID Card and Mcmaster sent me an email saying they never go it although i personaly dropped it off myself. I'm going to call the registrar office but i'm sure i won't have my student card by the next two days or so... so what do i do?
Like you said, contact the registrar's office. They will know what to do. Ask them if they are taking pictures for the MacIDs and if you can drop by anytime if they are.
Old 08-23-2009 at 08:23 PM   #18
kumara

Liked: 7 Times

hmm i want to drop off my supportding document for osap tomorrow...where should i go ? Gilmour hall room 120? and there will be people there working rite?
Old 08-23-2009 at 08:37 PM   #19
Maitland

Liked: 34 Times

Just out of curiosity, at what point in time is it too late to apply for OSAP? And then what happens if you apply, but don't go to pick up the money?
Old 08-23-2009 at 08:45 PM   #20
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumara View Post
hmm i want to drop off my supportding document for osap tomorrow...where should i go ? Gilmour hall room 120? and there will be people there working rite?
I'm pretty that that's the place where you have to submit the supporting document. It should say the mailing address on the papers, the mailing address should include the building and room.

The office is open 9am-4pm and they usually have a break for lunch (Usually 12:30-1:30).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitland View Post
Just out of curiosity, at what point in time is it too late to apply for OSAP? And then what happens if you apply, but don't go to pick up the money?
https://osap.gov.on.ca/eng/not_secur...adline_123.htm

It says 45 days into the period of study... so somewhere in the middle of October is the deadline. Not sure what happens if you don't go to pick up the money though.
Old 08-23-2009 at 08:51 PM   #21
Maitland

Alright, I should maybe stop in at Gilmour Hall and get some answers. Last year I missed out on that text book grant because I didn't bother applying for OSAP, but if there are going to be money handouts I don't want to miss them again, lol. That being said, if I don't need the money from OSAP, I don't want to pick it up and start unecessary debt.
Old 08-23-2009 at 08:56 PM   #22
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Alright, I should maybe stop in at Gilmour Hall and get some answers. Last year I missed out on that text book grant because I didn't bother applying for OSAP, but if there are going to be money handouts I don't want to miss them again, lol. That being said, if I don't need the money from OSAP, I don't want to pick it up and start unecessary debt.
There's also the McMaster Bursary ^-^

Also, OSAP doesn't start interest until you graduate. So you can just keep the money in your bank and make interest off it and when you graduate you can just pay it off.
Old 08-23-2009 at 08:58 PM   #23
kumara

Quote:
What is textbook grant?

Edit: i know what it means but i just wonder what it has to do with osap.
Old 08-23-2009 at 09:02 PM   #24
u.yousaf

Liked: 39 Times

Quote:
What is textbook grant?

Edit: i know what it means but i just wonder what it has to do with osap.
I think because you are only eligible for it if you apply for osap.

Old 08-23-2009 at 09:04 PM   #25
kumara

Quote:
Originally Posted by u.yousaf View Post
I think because you are only eligible for it if you apply for osap.
so do i have to apply for it? I never knew about it ...
Old 08-23-2009 at 09:06 PM   #26
u.yousaf

Liked: 39 Times

Quote:
so do i have to apply for it? I never knew about it ...
They phased out the separate application for it this year so you can only be considered if you apply for osap. Check this out for more info:https://osap.gov.on.ca/eng/not_secure/ttg_12.htm

kumara says thanks to u.yousaf for this post.
Old 08-23-2009 at 09:06 PM   #27
Maitland

Well, seeing as I never got it I am not 100% sure, but I believe OSAP gave a cheque for around $150 to anyone who applied for OSAP (whether they got loans or not) that was to be put towards textbooks, and didn't have to be paid back. I don't know if this is continueing this year, and I don't think you have to apply for it specifically.

kumara says thanks to Maitland for this post.
Old 08-23-2009 at 09:24 PM   #28
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Well, seeing as I never got it I am not 100% sure, but I believe OSAP gave a cheque for around $150 to anyone who applied for OSAP (whether they got loans or not) that was to be put towards textbooks, and didn't have to be paid back. I don't know if this is continueing this year, and I don't think you have to apply for it specifically.
That is correct. This year it's only available for people that are eligible for OSAP (I'm 80% sure, it doesn't actually say but it would make sense.). So you have to apply for OSAP in order to have a chance of getting the grant.
Old 08-24-2009 at 08:27 AM   #29
niteskie
Elite Member

Liked: 45 Times

If you qualify when do you get the grant?
Old 08-24-2009 at 09:14 AM   #30
KMarsden

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteskie View Post
If you qualify when do you get the grant?

From the website...

When and how you will get your money

The Textbook and Technology Grant is paid by cheque. It will be mailed to you at the mailing address you provide in your application.
The cheque will be approved as soon as the National Student Loan Service Centre (NSLSC) issues you your first OSAP installment. The Ministry will send you a Web Status Message to tell you the date that your Textbook and Technology Grant is mailed to you.
If no other OSAP funding is being provided to you by NSLSC, the grant will be mailed after your institution processes your Confirmation of Enrolment form.