MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sending payments to mac Reda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 08-24-2010 11:17 PM
Question about payments Danielle.g First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-23-2010 06:38 PM
Tuition Fees and Possible Tuition Reduction due to Headstart/LEAP MacPack First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 06-10-2010 09:07 PM
OSAP covering payments for September tuition fuzzyskittle Financial Aid 47 09-04-2009 04:57 PM
Reminders - Residence labels, Tuition Payments ferreinm MacInsiders Announcements 4 09-01-2008 04:20 AM

Tuition Payments

Old 08-26-2009 at 06:15 PM   #1
Charbs

Liked: 33 Times

Tuition Payments
Alright, so I know that OSAP is distributed 60/40 sept/jan right... so, my question is how do the tuition payments work? Is your full tuition taken out of your 60% portion of your osap first semester? or do they defer some of the tuition payment until 2nd semester when you get the rest of your OSAP?
Old 08-26-2009 at 06:21 PM   #2
syaseen
Elite Member

Liked: 27 Times

This is how it works Tuition say is 8000 and osap is 10000. If you choose the payment in full they would deduct 60% of osap (6000) from your tuition so you pay 2000 by sept 1.
So you have to pay the full 2000 on sept 1 and the 40% of osap you get in 2nd semester is transferred to your bank account in january. But if you choose the payment plans the do wait for your osap release in january but will charge you interest on whatever the 60% doesnt cover up until then (interest is 1.2% per month).
Old 08-26-2009 at 06:22 PM   #3
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbs View Post
Alright, so I know that OSAP is distributed 60/40 sept/jan right... so, my question is how do the tuition payments work? Is your full tuition taken out of your 60% portion of your osap first semester? or do they defer some of the tuition payment until 2nd semester when you get the rest of your OSAP?
It depends on your payment plan. Payment in full is pretty self-explanatory. Instalments means you have to pay a certain amount by september 1st and a certain amount by Jan something. (Note the word "by". You can also pay before Jan in order to reduce interest).

Regardless of your payment plan, if you check OSAP as a funding option then 60% of your OSAP is deducted from your initial tuition.

If you choose instalments then you can use your second OSAP (40%) to pay off the rest plus interest in January.
Old 08-26-2009 at 06:26 PM   #4
Charbs

i should probably add on here that I'm in the BScN Nursing program with Mac and Mohawk... so I pay to Mohawk tuition.... I'm not sure if that makes a difference...
my tuition was 6100$... and I paid the 350$ due in July and that's all I've heard, but Im getting 6700 Osap in Sept and the rest in Jan....
Old 08-26-2009 at 06:27 PM   #5
ghjkghkghkgh

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
Im getting 6700 Osap in Sept and the rest in Jan....
Wow, very nice. What's your programme?

Edit: nvm, I can see it from your signature.
Old 08-26-2009 at 06:27 PM   #6
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
i should probably add on here that I'm in the BScN Nursing program with Mac and Mohawk... so I pay to Mohawk tuition.... I'm not sure if that makes a difference...
my tuition was 6100$... and I paid the 350$ due in July and that's all I've heard, but Im getting 6700 Osap in Sept and the rest in Jan....
Does that mean you are using another system to view/pay your tuition. McMaster uses SOLAR, what are you using?
Old 08-26-2009 at 06:32 PM   #7
Charbs

I have to go into Mohawk's website... but theyre site sucks even worse than Solar (if possible) and it says im -$350 on my student accounts because of my initial payment in july lol... ridiculous, i know
I tried talking to about 5 different people at the two schools and no one seemed to know the answer to a question that I had originally thought simple...
basically i wanted to know whether the full 6100$ is going to be taken from my 6700$ i get for the fall semester, because I would rather it not, as that leaves me with zero money to live on during school. lol.
Old 08-26-2009 at 06:35 PM   #8
syaseen
Elite Member

Liked: 27 Times

Quote:
I have to go into Mohawk's website... but theyre site sucks even worse than Solar (if possible) and it says im -$350 on my student accounts because of my initial payment in july lol... ridiculous, i know
I tried talking to about 5 different people at the two schools and no one seemed to know the answer to a question that I had originally thought simple...
basically i wanted to know whether the full 6100$ is going to be taken from my 6700$ i get for the fall semester, because I would rather it not, as that leaves me with zero money to live on during school. lol.
I dont know anything about mohawk, but i guess if you choose OSAP as an payment option then the would take as much as they need from your 6700 so you'll only get $600 from it. If you need the money then i suggest that you find out if they have some sort of payment plan that can split the tuition into 2 payment (they will probably charge you interest though).

Last edited by syaseen : 08-26-2009 at 06:44 PM.
Old 08-26-2009 at 07:14 PM   #9
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Mohawk should have a Student Financial Aid & Scholarships department or a Students Accounts & Cashiers department. You should definitively contact them about the Mohawk payment agreement and how to pay off your tuition.

Very little people would know about Mohawk related questions since there are only a handful of joint programs.
Old 08-26-2009 at 07:20 PM   #10
Charbs

Yeah like I said in an earlier post I've already tried contacting a million different people at either school today... but I figured it was worth a try on here, if I'm on here there may be other collab students too
Old 08-27-2009 at 12:30 AM   #11
lankan_4lif

Liked: 9 Times

Can we pay online by Interact anytime on September 1 or does it have to be by 12 am on Sep 1?