MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Osap:change in funding AnnaM Financial Aid 1 09-03-2010 10:07 PM
OSAP Change of Projected Income? RyanC Financial Aid 2 08-21-2010 01:07 PM
Osap application change request pirates01 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-12-2010 01:35 AM
permission from department MacStudent1 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 07-30-2010 09:29 AM
Department of Philosophy? MacEng First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 04-09-2010 01:37 PM

OSAP - department change

Old 09-08-2009 at 08:54 PM   #1
viky

Liked: 0 Times

OSAP - department change
Just on the last Friday I got into Mechatronics Engineering. Initially I was in Mechanical. Fees are same but Mechatronics have 2 units less than Mechanical.

What are the procedures to change things in my OSAP?

Thanks in advance...
Old 09-08-2009 at 09:04 PM   #2
zoyy

Liked: 9 Times

Hey you can just send them an email at osap@mcmaster.ca and tell them your program changed. I did the same thing last year. The code they use changes for each program so you need to notify them.
Old 09-08-2009 at 09:21 PM   #3
viky

Should I just email them? I emailed them last Friday night but did not get any reply. Or should I go to the office directly? i tried calling and they say it is busy.

Thanks for your reply.
Old 09-08-2009 at 09:30 PM   #4
zoyy

Liked: 9 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by viky View Post
Should I just email them? I emailed them last Friday night but did not get any reply. Or should I go to the office directly? i tried calling and they say it is busy.

Thanks for your reply.
Oh yah I had the same problem. They took awhile to respond back, but they eventually did. I actually forgot about it, then out of the blue they emailed back. It would hurt to go the financial aids directly also...or if you haven't picked up your money yet - when you do maybe inform them about the change but going to the office doesn't take long

2 unit change isn't a big deal. I'm sure it wouldn't affect your OSAP amount a lot considering your still FT. It's just that prgrm code that really changes.
Old 09-08-2009 at 09:37 PM   #5
viky

Yeah thanks, but I need OSAP money by this thurday. Should I go to the office or wait for the email, it looks like the email process might take like long time but I need money immediately though.

Thanks once again...
Old 09-08-2009 at 10:05 PM   #6
Kira

Liked: 3 Times

Hi.
As far as I know, its fine if they receive the money by the end of September, as long as you selected OSAP on your payment agreement. Also, your OSAP documents should already be printed, so any changes to your OSAP would most likely be reflected on the money you receive in your second term. That's what I was told when I told them that I had received a scholarship. So you shouldn't be worried because of that.
Hope that helps.
Old 09-08-2009 at 11:51 PM   #7
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

When in doubt, always drop into the office...it's better to have someone behind the counter reciprocate, to speed things along.

About the program codes, I don't think it really matters so long as your supplementary fees are the same. I switched from Kinesiology into Math (both under the faculty of science, thus having the same costs) and they didn't bother changing my program code, even after I went to see them.

(Of course dropping units matters regardless of your program, so you should notify them of that)