OSAP & Job feonateresa Financial Aid 9 08-17-2010 09:23 PM
OSAP help? jochanny Financial Aid 3 08-13-2010 08:37 PM
Osap vp15 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 07-22-2010 08:55 PM

OSAP Help!

Old 08-09-2009 at 11:09 PM   #1
IvanN

Liked: 0 Times

OSAP Help!
Err ok, so I'm getting a bit worried about my OSAP application.
I submitted my online application June 7 and sent in my signed declaration pages.

My current status in my OSAP page says:
Your application has processed.

Will the current status say if you are approved or not? I'm getting worried because all my other friends who applied for OSAP got approved early July, and now it's August and still nothing for me. =(

I'm pretty sure they have received my declaration pages because when I try to click "Print signature pages", a window pops up saying "All required declaration and signature pages have been received and processed by the ministry."

Is it normal for OSAP to take this long?

On my payment agreement page, the tuition fee has not been deducted by OSAP yet.

One more thing, in my OSAP page under check list, it says i have to complete my Confirmation of Enrollment. Do I need to complete that first to see if I am approved or not?

Thanks for all the help.

Last edited by IvanN : 08-09-2009 at 11:30 PM.
Old 08-09-2009 at 11:51 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanN View Post
Err ok, so I'm getting a bit worried about my OSAP application.
I submitted my online application June 7 and sent in my signed declaration pages.

My current status in my OSAP page says:
Your application has processed.

Will the current status say if you are approved or not? I'm getting worried because all my other friends who applied for OSAP got approved early July, and now it's August and still nothing for me. =(

I'm pretty sure they have received my declaration pages because when I try to click "Print signature pages", a window pops up saying "All required declaration and signature pages have been received and processed by the ministry."

Is it normal for OSAP to take this long?

On my payment agreement page, the tuition fee has not been deducted by OSAP yet.

One more thing, in my OSAP page under check list, it says i have to complete my Confirmation of Enrollment. Do I need to complete that first to see if I am approved or not?

Thanks for all the help.

That's what it should say. If you scroll down on that same page (when you check your status) you should see your entitlement.

Did you check OSAP in your Payment Agreement as one of your Funding Options?

Not sure about Confirmation of Enrollment. Technically that should have already been done if you sent in your declaration pages to McMaster.
Old 08-10-2009 at 12:35 AM   #3
IvanN

So does that mean I'm approved? It won't say in current status, like "Approved or Eligible" or something.

I'm worried 'cause my friends say they got a letter in the mail saying what their entitlement was and that they were approved, whereas I didn't.

EDIT: In my Payment Agreement it says,
"BASED ON YOUR OSAP ESTIMATE, THIS IS THE AMOUNT WE WILL DEDUCT. Amount: $1820."

Last edited by IvanN : 08-10-2009 at 12:38 AM.
Old 08-10-2009 at 12:58 AM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
So does that mean I'm approved? It won't say in current status, like "Approved or Eligible" or something.

I'm worried 'cause my friends say they got a letter in the mail saying what their entitlement was and that they were approved, whereas I didn't.

"BASED ON YOUR OSAP ESTIMATE, THIS IS THE AMOUNT WE WILL DEDUCT. Amount: $1820."
My status on the OSAP website is the same as yours. When you scroll down, do they give you a number for your entitlement?

I also didn't get mail, but that's mostly because I chose the no-paper option. Perhaps you did as well?

Hmmm, if it's still an estimate there's probably something wrong. You should contact the financial aid office and inquire about why it's still an estima
te. (ext. 24319)

Note: The financial aid office is closed tomorrow in order to process the large amounts of OSAP applications. But try on Tuesday.
Old 08-10-2009 at 01:59 AM   #5
smashpro1123

Liked: 5 Times

Quote:

does it say, in the messages..
PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR ENTITLEMENT AMOUNT BY: AUG 15

and

in your osap page, are you able to see a chart with ur entitlement?

Last edited by smashpro1123 : 08-10-2009 at 02:41 AM.
Old 08-10-2009 at 10:11 AM   #6
IvanN

Yes it does say that, smashpro.

And I am able to see a chart at the bottom saying how much I will get.
Old 08-10-2009 at 11:26 AM   #7
smashpro1123

Liked: 5 Times

Quote:
Yes it does say that, smashpro.

And I am able to see a chart at the bottom saying how much I will get.
then i think it's fine, call still but i'm sure by AUg 15 it will say 'issued"

my friend and I have same thing as urs. osap is estimate in payment agreement. i'll call tom. too just to know the reason.
Old 08-10-2009 at 05:10 PM   #8
syan9184

Liked: 25 Times

If its not too much trouble, can someone tell me what steps i need to take after i have found the amount i will be revceiving from OSAP? For example, how do i pay the school?
Old 08-10-2009 at 05:30 PM   #9
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by syan9184 View Post
If its not too much trouble, can someone tell me what steps i need to take after i have found the amount i will be revceiving from OSAP? For example, how do i pay the school?
On your payment agreement, select OSAP as one of your Funding Options. 60% of your OSAP will automatically be deducted from your tuition.

When you pick up your OSAP in September, you redirect the money to McMaster.

If you pay in full, the money you pick up in January goes to your bank account.
Old 08-10-2009 at 08:03 PM   #10
syan9184

What if I want to pay my fees in full? I am suppose to pay in September. How can i do that?
Old 08-10-2009 at 08:30 PM   #11
u.yousaf

Liked: 39 Times

Quote:
What if I want to pay my fees in full? I am suppose to pay in September. How can i do that?
It tells you the payment options in your payment agreement. I believe you can send a check, online banking etc.... They have to receive the payment by Sept. 1st though.

Old 08-10-2009 at 08:30 PM   #12
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
You can pay via cheque, online banking or interac.
Old 08-10-2009 at 09:02 PM   #13
saukalra
Elite Member

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:

Your confirmation of Enrolment form will be completed when you actually go to pickup your osap after the classes have started.
Old 08-10-2009 at 09:51 PM   #14
kumara

Liked: 7 Times

I am so worried about my osap, i sent them in like 3 weeks ago and my application is still on hold.... sigh
Old 08-10-2009 at 09:56 PM   #15
syan9184

Oh so i have to pay with my (parents) money by Sept 1?