MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OSAP and Flex OSAP Plan HELP! knguyens2 Financial Aid 4 08-23-2010 09:40 AM
Osap vp15 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 07-22-2010 08:55 PM
OSAP help cjdzl First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-05-2010 05:56 PM
How much do you owe OSAP? Kathy2 Financial Aid 2 06-30-2010 01:06 PM
Where's my OSAP? ingénieur.xo Financial Aid 20 01-13-2010 08:00 PM

OSAP help!

Old 08-30-2011 at 04:54 PM   #1
sogiexox

Liked: 0 Times

OSAP help!
I have 4700 in scholarships and another 2000 in grants, coming out to 6700.
My tuition is only 6300. Should I just choose the PAY in FULL plan, ven though i have gotten osap.?
i requested my osap to go on my bank account.

When I chose the option pay in full it said 4700 was taken from scholarships and the rest from osap. how does that work if my osap will be in my bank account very soon?

Also, should i be worried about the sep 1st deadline if my "forward balance is 0"

Balance
(funding options) $ 6300.18OSAP $ 1600.18McMaster Scholarship(s) $ 4700.00 Balance Forward$ 0.00
Also how can i obtin the ontario access grant ( i got it with osap)

Any help would be appreciated
Thank you
Old 08-30-2011 at 05:17 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sogiexox View Post
I have 4700 in scholarships and another 2000 in grants, coming out to 6700.
My tuition is only 6300. Should I just choose the PAY in FULL plan, ven though i have gotten osap.?
i requested my osap to go on my bank account.

When I chose the option pay in full it said 4700 was taken from scholarships and the rest from osap. how does that work if my osap will be in my bank account very soon?

Also, should i be worried about the sep 1st deadline if my "forward balance is 0"

Balance
(funding options) $ 6300.18OSAP $ 1600.18McMaster Scholarship(s) $ 4700.00 Balance Forward$ 0.00
Also how can i obtin the ontario access grant ( i got it with osap)

Any help would be appreciated
Thank you
The grant is part of OSAP, so you should have forwarded OSAP to McMaster. Go talk to SFAS to see if anything can be done. I believe the payment plan has a deadline to forward OSAP to McMaster. If you don't follow the payment plan you will be charged a non-compliance fee. If nothing can be done, then go to SAC and ask if you can pay the amount that you were supposed to forward from OSAP to McMaster.
Old 09-02-2011 at 10:23 AM   #3
katrinabell

Liked: 19 Times

The OSAP access grant isn't paid to students, it paid directly against your OSAP balance sometime after income taxes are done in the spring. It outlines all the details on the OSAP website where it tells you how much you will approximately get.
The purpose of it is to make up any difference between how much you received and the $7300 you actually have to pay back. For example, if you get about $12,300 in loans, the OSAP access grant gives you about $4000 against that loan so you only have to pay back $7300 for the year.
Old 09-03-2011 at 05:15 PM   #4
jaym

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrinabell View Post
The OSAP access grant isn't paid to students, it paid directly against your OSAP balance sometime after income taxes are done in the spring. It outlines all the details on the OSAP website where it tells you how much you will approximately get.
The purpose of it is to make up any difference between how much you received and the $7300 you actually have to pay back. For example, if you get about $12,300 in loans, the OSAP access grant gives you about $4000 against that loan so you only have to pay back $7300 for the year.
Actually, for the access grant I got it as a cheque last time in the winter OSAP pickup. I believe you're thinking of the Ontario Student Opportunity Grant that is applied against OSAP balance.

So I'm pretty sure that the access grant will be released to you second semester if it's the same as last year.
Old 09-03-2011 at 07:10 PM   #5
katrinabell

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaym View Post
Actually, for the access grant I got it as a cheque last time in the winter OSAP pickup. I believe you're thinking of the Ontario Student Opportunity Grant that is applied against OSAP balance.

So I'm pretty sure that the access grant will be released to you second semester if it's the same as last year.
Yeah you're right, I definitely mixed them up.