MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Osap:change in funding AnnaM Financial Aid 1 09-03-2010 10:07 PM
OSAP funding on hold? EasternHeat Financial Aid 3 08-10-2010 02:01 PM
External Funding Option During Payment Conf Question Desda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-08-2010 06:47 PM
Not using as scholarship as funding option Juicebox First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 08-15-2009 02:52 PM
OSAP - Estimating Your Funding, and more! Chad First Year Success 18 06-18-2008 09:50 PM

OSAP is no longer a funding option for summer.

Old 03-22-2013 at 02:57 PM   #1
AvacadoLover
Account Locked

Liked: 51 Times

OSAP is no longer a funding option for summer.
What happen? No longer are we allow to use OSAP as a funding option for summer and spring courses. Just darn it! Lets petition to get them to put this back!
Old 03-23-2013 at 02:13 PM   #2
henry4399

Liked: 7 Times

wooooow no osap for spring/summer term?!

but we still get osap for sept 2013 - april 2014 right?
Old 03-28-2013 at 08:54 PM   #3
clarksl4

Liked: 4 Times

I submitted my OSAP summer addendum on Monday, what do you mean there's no OSAP? :|
Old 04-09-2013 at 06:05 PM   #4
macg

Liked: 0 Times

Yes, can you please give more details? Why would OSAP just decide not to fund summer/spring courses anymore !
Old 04-24-2013 at 10:08 AM   #5
SFAS Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvacadoLover View Post
What happen? No longer are we allow to use OSAP as a funding option for summer and spring courses. Just darn it! Lets petition to get them to put this back!
Starting in May 2013, OSAP will be deposited directly to the student's personal bank account and not sent to the McMaster student account on their behalf. The student is required to make a payment for their fees. OSAP is no longer a funding option on the Payment Agreement since the money is going directly to the student. Make sure you use your OSAP to pay your fees and reduce any unnecessary interest charges. If you have further questions please contact the SFAS Office.
Old 04-24-2013 at 11:19 PM   #6
TharuSiva

Is the OSAP summer addendum form only for full-time students? I'm taking two courses in the summer.
Old 05-03-2013 at 12:01 PM   #7
galaniz

Liked: 1 Time

Does anyone know when OSAP is released? I dropped off my Summer Addendum form weeks ago but haven't heard anything back. This whole process is making me anxious since classes start next week..
Old 05-03-2013 at 02:53 PM   #8
SFAS Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaniz View Post
Does anyone know when OSAP is released? I dropped off my Summer Addendum form weeks ago but haven't heard anything back. This whole process is making me anxious since classes start next week..
Students who submitted a Summer Addendum (for full time funding) will receive their OSAP funding 5-7 busness days after the confirmation of enrolment has been processed. OSAP funds will be deposited into the student's personal bank account and then it is the student's responsibility to pay the school. Please monitor your application on the OSAP website.
Old 05-03-2013 at 03:44 PM   #9
galaniz

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFAS Service View Post
Students who submitted a Summer Addendum (for full time funding) will receive their OSAP funding 5-7 busness days after the confirmation of enrolment has been processed. OSAP funds will be deposited into the student's personal bank account and then it is the student's responsibility to pay the school. Please monitor your application on the OSAP website.
I have checked the OSAP website but there is nothing on the website about my summer school funding. It only refers to the OSAP release from fall/winter 2012-2013 and 2011-2012. Where am I supposed to look on the website?
Old 05-07-2013 at 01:59 PM   #10
Izzy101

Has anyone received their summer school OSAP? My account still has nothing, and the deadline to pay the school is the 15th I believe...
Old 05-08-2013 at 02:03 PM   #11
RitchieLy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy101 View Post
Has anyone received their summer school OSAP? My account still has nothing, and the deadline to pay the school is the 15th I believe...
Did you get yours yet? I still haven't haha