MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Procedure for dropping a course... and retrieving my money CAHopeful First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 10-05-2010 03:41 PM
OSAP help!!! pirates01 Financial Aid 5 08-31-2010 08:00 AM
OSAP and Flex OSAP Plan HELP! knguyens2 Financial Aid 4 08-23-2010 09:40 AM
OSAP help plz Elivs.L Financial Aid 4 08-19-2010 02:29 PM
BHSc 2009 - Admission Procedure sunil Academics 12 11-02-2008 02:13 PM

OSAP procedure HELP!!!!!

Old 08-23-2010 at 03:57 PM   #1
luna

Liked: 10 Times

OSAP procedure HELP!!!!!
I'm so counfused as to how the OSAP pick-up process works at McMaster. So, can someone please tell me how the whole thing is gonna go (for example, what info they'll ask from me so that I can prepare before hand). Also, for my payment agreement (PA), I chose OSAP as a funding option and selected the full payment plan. So, does this mean that my OSAP will send the full payment directly to McMaster by Sept 1st or do I have to send the univesity a check or something on the same day I pick-up my OSAP. And if I've fully paid for my tuition and stuff and still have OSAP money left over what happens to that. I'm really confused about this whole payment thing. Anyone who selected the same PA options or know anything about how this OSAP process works please let me know ASAP! Thank you in advance
Old 08-23-2010 at 04:21 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna View Post
I'm so counfused as to how the OSAP pick-up process works at McMaster. So, can someone please tell me how the whole thing is gonna go (for example, what info they'll ask from me so that I can prepare before hand). Also, for my payment agreement (PA), I chose OSAP as a funding option and selected the full payment plan. So, does this mean that my OSAP will send the full payment directly to McMaster by Sept 1st or do I have to send the univesity a check or something on the same day I pick-up my OSAP. And if I've fully paid for my tuition and stuff and still have OSAP money left over what happens to that. I'm really confused about this whole payment thing. Anyone who selected the same PA options or know anything about how this OSAP process works please let me know ASAP! Thank you in advance
You line-up, you provide 2 IDs (A Government issued ID like a drivers license and your SIN card). You go over your application information to double check everything is correct and if there were any changes you can notify them and they'll make the correction. Then you move to the next room and deal with the money (Either send it to McMaster or direct deposited into your account). If you pan on direct depositing, you have to supply your banking information which is found on a cheque.

Since you paid in full with OSAP as a payment option, you will agree to send McMaster the money in the second room. Also, the second pick-up in January will definitively go into your bank, so don't forget your information.

luna says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 08-23-2010 at 04:22 PM   #3
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

osap is release 60% then 40% so im not sure how that works with the payment in full plan... there was an osap plan

but go here for info on release: http://sfas.mcmaster.ca/osap.html .. (click osap release tab) and it informs u of what u need to bring
Old 08-23-2010 at 04:23 PM   #4
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

The people at Mac's OSAP office were absolutely terrible. I tried calling them this summer because I had a question about reporting details and they told me to e-mail. Then, they never responded to my e-mails. So glad I'm done with them : )

I would go in and pester them during their office hours. It might make it easier to get your answers.

Old 08-23-2010 at 04:25 PM   #5
luna

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
You line-up, you provide 2 IDs (A Government issued ID like a drivers license and your SIN card). You go over your application information to double check everything is correct and if there were any changes you can notify them and they'll make the correction. Then you move to the next room and deal with the money (Either send it to McMaster or direct deposited into your account). If you pan on direct depositing, you have to supply your banking information which is found on a cheque.

Since you paid in full with OSAP as a payment option, you will agree to send McMaster the money in the second room. Also, the second pick-up in January will definitively go into your bank, so don't forget your information.

Thank you for this info. It's exactly what I needed to hear!!!
Old 08-23-2010 at 04:28 PM   #6
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Thank you for this info. It's exactly what I needed to hear!!!
Yeah, I just wanted to make something clear since it was sort of ambiguous. You HAVE to bring your SIN card OR a document that the government gave you with your SIN on it OR a photocopy of your SIN card.

luna says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 08-23-2010 at 07:40 PM   #7
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Bring this:
Driver's License
SIN
Student Card
Void Cheque

And you're perfectly good. The DL can be substituted with another piece of govt ID that has you picture and signature on it.

luna says thanks to britb for this post.
Old 08-25-2010 at 01:46 PM   #8
luna

ok so today I went to get the OSAP funding certificate. I had to wait for 2hours in the line for something that takes only 10min. It was really troublesome! Anyway, I went through the steps which are like step 1 (pick up your OSAP info), step 2 (review OSAP info), step 3 (NSLSC or something). I had a question regarding step 3: when I went to one of the women working at step 3 she had me sign the funding certificate and also had me fill in the banking information and said that McMaster will take the fees it needs from OSAP and all the extra money will be transfered to my account and that was it. What I'm wondering is that some students were directed to the CIBC Hall but I wasn't told to go there. Is that something I should be worried about or fitting my scenerio (listed above) it's ok? And also, is there something that I have to do with the funding certificate since I have it now or am I done with the OSAP pick up stuff (for now)? Thank you for all the help
Old 08-25-2010 at 01:51 PM   #9
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
ok so today I went to get the OSAP funding certificate. I had to wait for 2hours in the line for something that takes only 10min. It was really troublesome! Anyway, I went through the steps which are like step 1 (pick up your OSAP info), step 2 (review OSAP info), step 3 (NSLSC or something). I had a question regarding step 3: when I went to one of the women working at step 3 she had me sign the funding certificate and also had me fill in the banking information and said that McMaster will take the fees it needs from OSAP and all the extra money will be transfered to my account and that was it. What I'm wondering is that some students were directed to the CIBC Hall but I wasn't told to go there. Is that something I should be worried about or fitting my scenerio (listed above) it's ok? And also, is there something that I have to do with the funding certificate since I have it now or am I done with the OSAP pick up stuff (for now)? Thank you for all the help
Not sure how the early pick-up is like, but all the steps you mentioned is what happens during the regular pick-up.

You're done now
Old 08-25-2010 at 09:18 PM   #10
Cassandraa87

Liked: 1 Time

Yea im a bit confused as well... in the payment option i clicked the OSAP option but the instalment payment the thing is OSAP will be releasing 60% of the total they are giving me BUT i still owe mac $1100. I will be paying this by a cheque so do i need to bring this cheque when i go to pick up my OSAP and hand it to them then or do i give them my cheque a seperate time?
Old 08-25-2010 at 09:21 PM   #11
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandraa87 View Post
Yea im a bit confused as well... in the payment option i clicked the OSAP option but the instalment payment the thing is OSAP will be releasing 60% of the total they are giving me BUT i still owe mac $1100. I will be paying this by a cheque so do i need to bring this cheque when i go to pick up my OSAP and hand it to them then or do i give them my cheque a seperate time?
You don't pay the OSAP people.

If you owe McMaster 1100$ by September 1st, then you should send the check ASAP. You should actually go drop it off tomorrow. Otherwise you'll incur the late free.

You have to pay Student Accounts and Cashiers, but all the instructions are in your payment agreement.
Old 08-25-2010 at 09:23 PM   #12
Cassandraa87

Liked: 1 Time

Thank you !!! how much is the late fee exactly and is it per day or month etc?
Old 08-25-2010 at 09:26 PM   #13
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandraa87 View Post
Thank you !!! how much is the late fee exactly and is it per day or month etc?
It's one time, I can't remember how much it is. There is also interest on the last day of each month.

In case you can't get into MUGSI because it's full (Must be all the last minute panicking people):
http://www.mcmaster.ca/bms/finance/s...html#meth ods
Old 08-25-2010 at 09:30 PM   #14
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

By the way, if you haven't read your payment agreement (which I always advise everyone to do since it's an informal contract), if you don't comply to your payment agreement your registration may be cancelled. Although they aren't that mean unless you fail to pay your September 1st due weeks into the school. In any case you should always pay on time just in case.
Old 08-25-2010 at 09:32 PM   #15
thisisje

Liked: 0 Times

So my mom wants to go for this whole OSAP pick up process coz she wants to see the university. Parents are allowed to go right? Coz I heard that parents will not be allowed to go in and that they have to wait outside?