MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Procedure for dropping a course... and retrieving my money CAHopeful First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 10-05-2010 03:41 PM
OSAP help!!! pirates01 Financial Aid 5 08-31-2010 08:00 AM
OSAP and Flex OSAP Plan HELP! knguyens2 Financial Aid 4 08-23-2010 09:40 AM
OSAP help plz Elivs.L Financial Aid 4 08-19-2010 02:29 PM
BHSc 2009 - Admission Procedure sunil Academics 12 11-02-2008 02:13 PM

OSAP procedure HELP!!!!!

Old 08-26-2010 at 10:47 AM   #31
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna View Post
ok that helps thanks! also, is it important to buy the required material for courses like biology, chem, etc.?
Depends on the person. I didn't learn much from books in first year, but I know people that never let the book out of their sights.

For first year I say you should get the books. Your first year should be the year you figure out how your study and learn best.

There are many places where you can buys books, not just titles.
http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...4.html?t=30624

luna says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 08-26-2010 at 04:52 PM   #32
luna

Liked: 10 Times

If I wanted to select McMaster Scholarship(s) as a funding option too then how will I do that and will I have to inform the university about this?
Old 08-26-2010 at 04:54 PM   #33
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
If I wanted to select McMaster Scholarship(s) as a funding option too then how will I do that and will I have to inform the university about this?
You do it through the Online Payment Agreement
Old 08-26-2010 at 10:48 PM   #34
Sultan

Liked: 3 Times

I have a quick question that is confusing me.

I thought that if you wanted to select OSAP as part of the payment agreement option you had to get it completed by a certain date (I believe July 15th?) and if we didn't complete OSAP form by this date, we would have to pay the tuition out of our own pockets and have OSAP released to us later.

As I mentioned before, I only did OSAP recently, yet I was checking my payment agreement, where it states that my OSAP has been issued, I can select it and reduce the actual balance I have to pay.

Just wondering if this adds up?
Also, on the OSAP website under things left to do it states confirmation of enrollment, that's basically when I go to pick up the OSAP and have it released to me, correct?
Old 08-26-2010 at 10:54 PM   #35
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sultan View Post
I have a quick question that is confusing me.

I thought that if you wanted to select OSAP as part of the payment agreement option you had to get it completed by a certain date (I believe July 15th?) and if we didn't complete OSAP form by this date, we would have to pay the tuition out of our own pockets and have OSAP released to us later.

As I mentioned before, I only did OSAP recently, yet I was checking my payment agreement, where it states that my OSAP has been issued, I can select it and reduce the actual balance I have to pay.

Just wondering if this adds up?
Also, on the OSAP website under things left to do it states confirmation of enrollment, that's basically when I go to pick up the OSAP and have it released to me, correct?
If your entitlement is there and it automatically deducts then it's all good.

The deadline of July 15th was for it to be guaranteed to show up in your payment agreement. For some people OSAP entitlements are calculated very fast while for others it takes more time due to supporting documentation and verification of a bunch of stuff. But if anyone applied before July 15th, OSAP was guaranteed on the payment agreement. After that it's all up to chance.

Yes, your confirmation of enrollment happens when you pick up your OSAP.

Sultan says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 08-26-2010 at 10:56 PM   #36
Sultan

Liked: 3 Times

Thanks a bunch, man, I don't give you enough credit for quickly helping me out with the bajillions of questions I always seem to have.
Old 08-30-2010 at 09:35 PM   #37
luna

I recently checked my student account on mugsi and for the fees it says it says : balance forward $1277 and also payment agreement balance $1277. Since it's a positive amount, it means I still have this much amount left to pay, right? I was wondering if I could use one of my scholarships to pay for this. For example, can I select McMaster Scholarship(s) as a payment option now and then use the money from this to pay off tuition? and if so what steps do I need to follow to do this? Any help is appreciated and thank you before hand.
Old 08-30-2010 at 11:38 PM   #38
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

I would just go onto your Payment Agreement, select the scholarship and rconfirm the agreement. The scholarship i automatically deducted( ie you dont have to go and pick anything up) . Your lucky that you get pocket change. My OSAP doesn't even cover my tuition, and I thinks I need it.

Any money leftover in you account can be forwarded to you as a cheque once you request it . It would have easier if you applied the scholarship before going t pick up OSAP, just less work on your behalf
Old 08-31-2010 at 07:31 AM   #39
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPack View Post
I would just go onto your Payment Agreement, select the scholarship and rconfirm the agreement. The scholarship i automatically deducted( ie you dont have to go and pick anything up) . Your lucky that you get pocket change. My OSAP doesn't even cover my tuition, and I thinks I need it.

Any money leftover in you account can be forwarded to you as a cheque once you request it . It would have easier if you applied the scholarship before going t pick up OSAP, just less work on your behalf
To add, you go to Student Accounts and Cashiers in Gilmour Hall to request a cheque for the extra money in your student account.
Old 08-31-2010 at 09:58 PM   #40
luna

ok thank you for the help!!! I hope it's as simple as it sound
Old 09-02-2010 at 10:02 PM   #41
luna

ok so I made the following changes to my financial statement and want to know what to do next.
I checked my student account and it said that I still had some tuition fee left to pay (so my osap alone couldn't cover it). So, I clicked on my payment agreement and changed it from OSAP only as a funding option to OSAP and Mcmaster scholarships as funding options. Then, my payment agreement and student account told me that my whole mac scholarship wa used and some money was taken from my osap (which means i have osap money left over) and currently i have no balance due.
Also, when I went to pick up my osap on aug25, they gave me the funding certificate and this was when osap was my only funding option. So, do I need to go to the financial aid office and tell them about my change in payment agreement and get a new funding certificate. I'm really not sure what to do here!!! PLEASE HELP :(
Old 09-02-2010 at 10:09 PM   #42
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
ok so I made the following changes to my financial statement and want to know what to do next.
I checked my student account and it said that I still had some tuition fee left to pay (so my osap alone couldn't cover it). So, I clicked on my payment agreement and changed it from OSAP only as a funding option to OSAP and Mcmaster scholarships as funding options. Then, my payment agreement and student account told me that my whole mac scholarship wa used and some money was taken from my osap (which means i have osap money left over) and currently i have no balance due.
Also, when I went to pick up my osap on aug25, they gave me the funding certificate and this was when osap was my only funding option. So, do I need to go to the financial aid office and tell them about my change in payment agreement and get a new funding certificate. I'm really not sure what to do here!!! PLEASE HELP :(
You should definitively talk to Student Accounts and Cashiers. After August 31st, the payment agreement is pretty much useless. You already picked up your OSAP so all the money already went to McMaster.

If anything you'll just have credit in your student account that you can withdraw by asking for a cheque (you go to Student Accounts and Cashiers for that). So definitively talk to Student Accounts and Cashiers.
Old 09-02-2010 at 10:11 PM   #43
luna

ok thanks but is there a certain deadline by which I should do this?
Old 09-02-2010 at 10:13 PM   #44
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
ok thanks but is there a certain deadline by which I should do this?
Keep on checking your account statement, if you owe McMaster money then you should contact them when school starts (You have until September 30th before interest kicks in). If you have a credit then you can wait as long as you want, but it's best to get the money ASAP since you can put it in your bank or use it to buy books.
Old 09-02-2010 at 10:16 PM   #45
luna

alright thanks for the help!!