MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OSAP Question Driftking24 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 22 07-26-2011 08:29 PM
OSAP question MTK3 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-28-2010 09:30 PM
OSAP question wonnamp Financial Aid 7 02-01-2010 10:32 PM
OSAP question killza Financial Aid 1 09-10-2009 01:40 PM
osap question danallan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-13-2009 07:16 PM

osap question

Old 06-04-2012 at 10:20 PM   #1
Unregistered

osap question
Hi guys i have 2 submit few papers to osap (via mail) and one of these papers is a voided cheque..i decided to send them a copy of the voided cheque and keep the original, can i do that ?
thanks
Old 06-04-2012 at 11:41 PM   #2
particle
Elite Member

Liked: 30 Times

Should be fine, although once you've voided the cheque you can't exactly use it anymore so people usually just send the real one opposed to a copy of it and its why you void it in the first place. They need the numbers at the bottom of the cheque which basically locates where your bank account is so they can put the money in it.
Old 06-04-2012 at 11:52 PM   #3
Unregistered

thank you i am actually keeping this voided cheque cuz each year b4 the osap pick up day (or any event related to osap) i forget that i need a voided cheque lol
Old 06-05-2012 at 12:00 AM   #4
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

I never brought a void cheque. The other option was a bank statement that can be deposited into your account. Since my branch was weird they just mailed a cheque to my home address.
Old 06-05-2012 at 12:01 AM   #5
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
thank you i am actually keeping this voided cheque cuz each year b4 the osap pick up day (or any event related to osap) i forget that i need a voided cheque lol
i dont think a voided cheque is needed after papers are submitted anymore.. there is no more osap pick up... they can now either send the funds to your school automatically or to your bank