OSAP Release Angoose Financial Aid 10 08-12-2010 11:41 PM
OSAP release sinnersdrown Financial Aid 7 08-11-2010 05:26 PM
OSAP Release Details! kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 4 08-28-2008 10:38 PM

Osap Release Question

Old 09-03-2010 at 08:30 PM   #1
santiagoeb

Liked: 4 Times

Osap Release Question
I was supposed to pick up my OSAP loan this week but i had problems with my name being different in some important documents than in the others. I have to come back for my loan in 3 weeks, so i was just wondering if you get any money directly from them or if its just a certificate, and what else do you get when you go pick up your OSAP???
Old 09-03-2010 at 09:03 PM   #2
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

I beleive what youre doing when you go is confirming all the information you applied with (income, etc) and then you authorize OSAP to give the money (at least a certain amount) directly to mcmaster, towards your student account. The rest, if any, will be a cheque mailed to you (i think) in a few weeks. But if you dont go you dont get the money.
Old 09-03-2010 at 09:31 PM   #3
BuzzZero

Liked: 2 Times

If u have any money left over after paying tuition, they will give that money directly to ur bank account. That is why they ask u to bring a void cheque with u, so they can get ur bank account info in case u have money left over.
Old 09-03-2010 at 09:33 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzZero View Post
If u have any money left over after paying tuition, they will give that money directly to ur bank account. That is why they ask u to bring a void cheque with u, so they can get ur bank account info in case u have money left over.
You could also just bring your bank account information if you don't have cheques. You can get this info from your bank.
Old 09-03-2010 at 09:40 PM   #5
Jadoo

Liked: 0 Times

I just got a certificate (a sheet of paper with all the signatures and whatnot). Aside from that, there's two pieces of paper with additional info on 'em. That's all.