MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Release of OSAP money Kat04 Financial Aid 1 09-13-2010 06:53 AM
Osap Release Question santiagoeb First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 09-03-2010 09:40 PM
OSAP Release Angoose Financial Aid 10 08-12-2010 11:41 PM
OSAP release sinnersdrown Financial Aid 7 08-11-2010 05:26 PM
OSAP Release Details! kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 4 08-28-2008 10:38 PM

OSAP release

Old 08-19-2010 at 04:59 PM   #1
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Liked: 229 Times

OSAP release
So the osap release dates have been announced and I also received the email
it said that to pick it up early to avoid any interest or additional fees to your student account
is it okay to go pick it up after move in? the release date being tuesday September 7th
Old 08-19-2010 at 05:02 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdzl View Post
So the osap release dates have been announced and I also received the email
it said that to pick it up early to avoid any interest or additional fees to your student account
is it okay to go pick it up after move in? the release date being tuesday September 7th
I don't think you can pick it up before September 7th if your OSAP isn't released until the 7th.... Don't worry about interest of additional fees, you don't get any of those if you've chosen OSAP as a payment method and you have paid the balance stated on your payment agreement by the due date (usually September 1st).

As long as you pick up OSAP before the deadline, then you're fine. You can still pick it up after the deadline, but I think you'd be charged for picking it up late (if you selected OSAP as a payment method).
Old 08-19-2010 at 05:06 PM   #3
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
I don't think you can pick it up before September 7th if your OSAP isn't released until the 7th.... Don't worry about interest of additional fees, you don't get any of those if you've chosen OSAP as a payment method and you have paid the balance stated on your payment agreement by the due date (usually September 1st).

As long as you pick up OSAP before the deadline, then you're fine. You can still pick it up after the deadline, but I think you'd be charged for picking it up late (if you selected OSAP as a payment method).
no September 7th is the day when it reopens after move in
there is an early release being august 25th to setember 3rd
I asked this because I can't make it on the early releases dates

EDIT: when it says A void cheque/banking information I can just give my own bank account number right? I don't have any cheque setup on my account does that matter?

Last edited by cjdzl : 08-19-2010 at 05:10 PM.
Old 08-19-2010 at 05:10 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
no September 7th is the day when it reopens after move in
there is an early release being august 25th to setember 3rd
I asked this because I can't make it on the early releases dates
You can try to go pick it up... I doubt anyone is going to be there. Is the early release also in CIBC hall? If it is then the doors are going to be locked and no one is going to be there.

If it's not in the same room then MAYBE you can go pick it up at the SFAS office. But I don't think they would bother to bring everything back to their office. I think they would just move everything straight to CIBC hall and store it there until school starts.

Edit: You need more than just the account number... you need all the numbers that you would see on the cheque. I forgot what they are all called but there are 3. Something like transit number, account number and branch number. You can just go to your bank and ask them for the information.
Old 08-19-2010 at 05:16 PM   #5
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

the early release is happening in Convocation Hall (University Hall, Room 213)
and the general release (after move in) is in McMaster University Student Center, Room 314

and the number you mentioned I just checked my parents cheque and it doesn't say any numbers on it
Old 08-19-2010 at 05:19 PM   #6
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
the early release is happening in Convocation Hall (University Hall, Room 213)
and the general release (after move in) is in McMaster University Student Center, Room 314

and the number you mentioned I just checked my parents cheque and it doesn't say any numbers on it
It should definitively have numbers on it, that's how they know which account the money is coming from. All cheques have the numbers, usually located on the bottom in the front.

Yeah, I don't think you would be able to pick it up during September 4-6. You can try the SFAS office, but I wouldn't count on it.
Old 08-19-2010 at 05:23 PM   #7
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
It should definitively have numbers on it, that's how they know which account the money is coming from. All cheques have the numbers, usually located on the bottom in the front.

Yeah, I don't think you would be able to pick it up during September 4-6. You can try the SFAS office, but I wouldn't count on it.
the numbers at the bottom with weird symbols?
So I should just go up to my bank and ask for like a bank statement with all the numbers huh

EDIT: is it possible to just give my parents bank info so the money will go to their account?
Old 08-19-2010 at 06:56 PM   #8
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
the numbers at the bottom with weird symbols?
So I should just go up to my bank and ask for like a bank statement with all the numbers huh

EDIT: is it possible to just give my parents bank info so the money will go to their account?
Yeah, it's all those numbers. Just ask them what information you need in order to get a direct deposit into your account.

Yes, you can give any bank account info.