MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Osap Release Question santiagoeb First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 09-03-2010 09:40 PM
Need Parents for OSAP Release? logans First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 08-23-2010 10:49 PM
OSAP release cjdzl Financial Aid 7 08-19-2010 06:56 PM
OSAP Release Angoose Financial Aid 10 08-12-2010 11:41 PM
OSAP release sinnersdrown Financial Aid 7 08-11-2010 05:26 PM

OSAP Release Details!

OSAP Release Details!

Fall/Winter OSAP release for fully registered students begins on Tuesday, September 2nd to Friday, September 5th, from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, in MUSC-314/315. Be sure to join the line by 3:15 p.m in order to complete the process.

In order to pick up your loan, please bring the following:
  • McMaster Student ID with a 2008/2009 validation sticker
  • Proof of Social Insurance Number (SIN Card - photocopy is acceptable, or a piece of Government of Canada official documentation such as Canada Revenue Agency Notice of Assessment, a Canada Pension Plan Statement of Contributions or a Confirmation of Social Insurance Number from Service Canada)
  • A piece of VALID Government-issued photo ID, for example: Driver's Licence, Permanent Resident Card, Canadian Passport, Canadian Citizenship Card, BYID (formerly Age of Majority card), Health card (with photo)
    A void cheque and/or your banking information. The cheque should be from the student’s personal bank account.
OSAP loan release will continue from September 8th to September 12th in the same location (MUSC 313/314).

Visit the OSAP website for additional information regarding OSAP release and financial aid programs.
Published by
MacInsiders Staff

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 08-27-2008 at 10:51 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Honours Molecular Biology and Genetics
Year: Alumni
Residence: Edwards 08-09, SOCS 09-12

Liked: 604 Times
The cheque is for my account, but it's a joint account with my parents so it also has their name on the cheque. Will OSAP still accept it?
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 08-28-2008 at 10:17 PM   #3
ddrsakuramax
Program: Electrical & Computer Engineering
Year: Fourth

Liked: 0 Times
Hi, What do we need to include for the bank information??
Old 08-28-2008 at 10:26 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Honours Molecular Biology and Genetics
Year: Alumni
Residence: Edwards 08-09, SOCS 09-12

Liked: 604 Times
You know how the cheque has all those numbers at the bottom? I'm pretty sure it's that. I think it's the account and branch number. I think they need your name too. But just go to your bank and ask for a direct deposit slip and you're good.
Old 08-28-2008 at 10:38 PM   #5
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff
Program: English and Classics
Year: Third
Residence: Edwards

Liked: 23 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
You know how the cheque has all those numbers at the bottom? I'm pretty sure it's that. I think it's the account and branch number. I think they need your name too. But just go to your bank and ask for a direct deposit slip and you're good.

Yes, that is what they need, but you can't just give them those numbers

and Yes, they will still take the cheque even though it's in your parents names. A lot of people do that.

jhan523 says thanks to kokosas for this post.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search