MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OscarPlus not working. ashleighp Academics 4 01-06-2013 10:53 AM
How do I go about applying for a job on OSCARplus? Yogurt Volunteering Opportunities 10 12-02-2012 04:43 AM
Oscarplus loginbox userscript Afzal Computers & Tech 10 02-29-2012 07:20 AM
Declining an Interview Through OscarPlus TedMosby General Discussion 11 01-30-2012 04:27 PM
OSCARplus problem enarab Academics 0 10-03-2011 07:45 PM

OSCARplus jobs taken before deadline?

Old 04-28-2013 at 11:30 AM   #1
omgwtfitsp
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 30 Times

OSCARplus jobs taken before deadline?
I've been applying to a few jobs on OSCARplus and workstudy and I realize I haven't been getting some emails back in response to the applications I've made. Some have got back to me and some have not, yet anyways.

My question is, even though application deadlines have not passed, would the employers on oscarplus or workstudy already hire someone?

If so, then they should at least take down the ad, no? Its just time consuming to be writing cover letters and stuff only to find out they've already hired someone.

What do you think
Old 04-28-2013 at 11:37 AM   #2
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...3.html?t=76393

refer to 5th post
Old 04-28-2013 at 12:09 PM   #3
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Companies/businesses sometimes look at the responses 1 week into the posting, sometimes 1 week before closing, and some after the closing (some times several weeks after). It's ALWAYS a bonus to put your resume/letter in asap! Don't wait!
Old 04-28-2013 at 04:06 PM   #4
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

Out of the 15+ jobs I applied to on Oscar, only 1 said that that I was "not selected for the interview", all the others still say the application is pending even though I know the jobs are filled.
Old 04-28-2013 at 04:11 PM   #5
omgwtfitsp
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 30 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
Out of the 15+ jobs I applied to on Oscar, only 1 said that that I was "not selected for the interview", all the others still say the application is pending even though I know the jobs are filled.
Oh man thats tough, they should at least tell us its been filled, its just so annoying
Old 04-28-2013 at 10:27 PM   #6
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
lol... of the 38 i applied to
2 said not selected,
all else said nothing, just application submitted

2 of those whos profs I know didn't even have funding/weren't even hiring
8 others i know for sure i didnt get because I talked to profs / friends got the job -_-