MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The NEW and IMPROVED Ontario Student Assistance Program starts 2012-2013! jim1 MacInsiders Announcements 8 06-02-2012 10:50 AM
OSAP and Bursary Assistance rrtt MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-14-2010 05:11 PM
out of province: no guidance? audiosonic First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 04-21-2009 07:37 PM
McMaster Out of Province Students (MOOPS) Gallant21 Clubs 9 08-08-2008 07:05 PM
Out of province students!? woodlawngirl First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 06-01-2008 09:06 AM

Out of Province Student Assistance?

Old 08-23-2014 at 01:33 PM   #1
susielythgoe

Liked: 0 Times

Out of Province Student Assistance?
I am a transfer student coming from Nova Scotia and using government funding and loans to pay for this years tuition. My student assistance has been confirmed with the school and finalized through Nova Scotia Student Assistance.

My assistance will be payed directly to the school, but it could arrive a couple days after the first day of classes. Is there anyone I must notify about this in order to stay registered for the year? What is the best way to proceed? I am worried that I will be told that my registration is invalid due to the school not thinking I am paying my fees. Any advice and help would be appreciated.

I emailed the student accounts email already, just seeing if anyone has dealt with this before.
Old 08-23-2014 at 01:43 PM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

What payment plan did you select when registering?

If you selected the OSAP flex one (if you were allowed to) then it's not a problem. If you selected the payment in full plan, then you have to pay by Sept 1 (it has nothing to do with when the first day of classes is). If you pay late then there are late fees and possibly interest depending on how late. You should read the details of the payment agreement you selected.
Old 08-23-2014 at 04:21 PM   #3
susielythgoe

Liked: 0 Times

I wasn't sure if I would be allowed to, plus I wanted to pay tuition in full. I'm trying to contact the accounts office so I'll be able to choose the "Talked to a account rep" option.
Old 08-23-2014 at 05:35 PM   #4
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

You're not going to be unregistered or kicked out for paying late, you'll just incur additional fees. Mac has much more to gain by charging you more for paying late, rather than kicking you out and losing your money altogether. Again, the details of your payment plan should have consequences for paying late - or it's somewhere on their website.

If you're going to talk to them, ask if you can do the OSAP plan to avoid additional fees (you won't avoid interest though).
Old 08-30-2014 at 07:58 PM   #5
YashsWay

Liked: 1 Time

If you got OSAP money and selected "Payment in Full" you actually have until the 15th of September to pay. You should get your Gov funding by then. (what i am doing right now)

You don't HAVE to select the OSAP plan. (OSAP plan comes with monthly interest)