MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TELUS Phone Plan NA19 General Discussion 9 08-29-2013 10:05 PM
Cheapest Rogers Phone Plan? Allan Computers & Tech 47 06-07-2010 09:25 PM
Choosing the Right Cell Phone Plan: Some Things to Consider saukalra ARCHIVES 61 08-26-2009 02:21 PM
Cell Phone Plan? Sultan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 29 08-16-2009 04:45 PM

Overseas student + phone plan

Old 08-31-2013 at 09:45 PM   #1
macbaby07
Elite Member

Liked: 54 Times

Overseas student + phone plan
Hi,

So my cousin has come over from Pakistan and is looking for a phone plan that is affordable but I know sometimes they ask for your SIN and he doesn't have that nor does he have a bank account or a credit card as this is the first time he is coming here.

Is there any advice from other intl students who might have been in the same situation?
Old 08-31-2013 at 09:59 PM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Most places will let you do the pre-paid option; places like mobilicity/chatr/wind are for non-plan people. Easiest way that will keep you happy is to just use somebody else's credit card, because its just for verification purposes, won't actually be charged.
Old 09-01-2013 at 12:49 AM   #3
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

Go with prepaid from most providers, and besides the account info which I think just has name and address, he should be fine
Old 09-01-2013 at 08:42 AM   #4
LTHL

Liked: 2 Times

He can get speakout wireless from 7/11 the convenience store (or buy the SIM card and the top off online). The good thing about this service is each top off last one yr as oppose to one month (bell, Rogers). Also, the coverage is under Rogers.