MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Couse Hero? otherscott Academics 4 06-22-2010 01:34 PM
unlock Guitar Hero II marauderlove General Discussion 0 05-01-2008 03:17 PM
Guitar Hero III Tournament Starts Today! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 02-08-2008 07:47 AM
Guitar Hero III Fundraiser Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-29-2008 09:48 PM

Who Owns The GTR -> Your My Hero

Old 09-21-2009 at 03:36 PM   #1
Bobert

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Who Owns The GTR -> Your My Hero
I saw the GTR once at Mac, but my buddy saw it the other day.

This car is like the reason i am at uni right now, i really want one of these in the near future

I was checking it out the one day i saw it, im pretty sure i was the only one looking at it who knew there's only like 80 in north america.

Anyone know what student/prof owns this car?

If its a prof id take his/her class just you the admiration lulz.

If you own it and your reading this, very nice pick. And congrats on getting your hands on one!

scott000, Taunton like this.
Old 09-21-2009 at 03:49 PM   #2
Greco

Liked: 18 Times

I think it's a prof. I saw it a lot last semester, was an older dude driving it lol. It's a beauty. Although I prefer a 09 BMW 325i Coupe, black on black Thankfully Nurses make some decent cash so I plan on picking one up within 6-8 months after grad! All these years of taking the bus or driving a beat down rust box will pay-off

Last edited by Greco : 09-21-2009 at 03:52 PM.

Taunton likes this.
Old 09-21-2009 at 04:12 PM   #3
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greco View Post
I think it's a prof. I saw it a lot last semester, was an older dude driving it lol. It's a beauty. Although I prefer a 09 BMW 325i Coupe, black on black Thankfully Nurses make some decent cash so I plan on picking one up within 6-8 months after grad! All these years of taking the bus or driving a beat down rust box will pay-off

Mmmm... I love Beamers! I defintely dream of owning one eventually as well.

Now, if I were to get super rich somehow, I'd get a lambo Murcielago .
Old 09-21-2009 at 04:28 PM   #4
dilks

Liked: 4 Times

GTR is an awesome car and its amazing how they made a car where its performance rivals cars double its price. Its to bad they made the new one slower :(
Old 09-21-2009 at 04:38 PM   #5
Infinity
Elite Member

Liked: 90 Times

sorry.. but GTR is not really that quick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX-k0Lpahog check it!

I can't find the other one.. but this one is okay
Old 09-21-2009 at 04:49 PM   #6
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Ahh I'm not really that big a fan of GTR. I respect it as a technological marvel but it is far too much like a videogame or a robot; It is not something I would aspire to own! I would prefer something like an an old school Ferrari 246 Dino anyday! Same goes for any classic pre-2000 Italian or American Super Car! It is lack of refinement and pure raw power and lack of control that makes these cars soo appealing!

The only Japanese Super Cars I'm a fan of are the 350+ BHP Evo's and Imprezas!
NSX is a good supercar if I was over 40 though!

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 09-21-2009 at 05:38 PM   #7
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelp View Post

I don't think it's just about raw speed... also, comparing virtually any car to the Veyron is like comparing a standard jet to the concorde... they're in virtually different leagues.
Old 09-21-2009 at 06:24 PM   #8
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelp View Post

that is the second fastest car in the world and it sells for about more than a million euros, comparing it to a skyline which would sell MAX at 100 grand is pointless.

The fastest is Aero TT something btw
Old 09-21-2009 at 06:27 PM   #9
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
Ahh I'm not really that big a fan of GTR. I respect it as a technological marvel but it is far too much like a videogame or a robot;
It's funny you should say that, as Nissan commissioned Polyphony Digital, the developers of the Gran Turismo games, to design the main display. Nissan's Chief Creative Officer is also quoted as saying that the GT-R was influenced by the Gundam series.

I've never seen it personally, and this is the first I've heard of it. I'm a huge fan of the post-1987 Skylines and their various iterations, so it'd be a dream come true to even see one...and another to own one. I've never even seen one in Toronto, and I've seen just about every other European supercar there at least once.

Where have you people seen it? I might camp the spawn point in hopes of a photo op. =p

For the record though, I think I prefer the R34 just a little more than this iteration.
Old 09-21-2009 at 06:51 PM   #10
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Comparing any car to a Veyron is pointless, lol.

The GTR is a really nice car though. Too bad most people who own them are in their fifties, at least for the ones I see around Toronto.

Racing against GTRs is pretty fun though.
Old 09-21-2009 at 07:12 PM   #11
TTHX

Liked: 62 Times

What for real? Damn I want to see it.

I'm positive there's more than 80 in Canada for sure though. Ever since a certain japanese site started it's been easier than ever to import them and other japanese cars.
There's been two in my city that showed up. And it's a small city.
Old 09-21-2009 at 07:55 PM   #12
hamza7

Liked: 2 Times

GTR < Corvette Z1
I know the GTR is better looking then Z1, but the Z1 is just monster and for a couple thousand more you get 160 BHP+ upgrade, also I have seen as many GTR's as Audi R8's. Back to the Z1, it's actually disputable who is faster around the Nurburing so I think all this fuss over the GTR is ridiculous I thought the 1930's Mercedes I have seen on campus would create a bigger commotion. I want to buy a '95 NSX as my first ride.
Old 09-21-2009 at 08:01 PM   #13
Afzal
Android Dev

oh, so we're talking about the new skyline GTR? heck, i have even seen one in karachi, driven by a 50-ish guy

i like the old one, R34 (?)

Corvette Z1 rules!

Last edited by Afzal : 09-21-2009 at 09:28 PM.
Old 09-21-2009 at 08:24 PM   #14
hamza7

Liked: 2 Times

WOW. You've seen 1 in Karachi, I've only seen a R34 in Karachi and I know of someone who has RR Phantom in Karachi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post
oh, so we're talking about the new skyline GTR? heck, i have even seen on in karachi, driven by a 50-ish guy

i like the old one, R34 (?)

Corvette Z1 rules!
Old 09-21-2009 at 09:28 PM   #15
Afzal
Android Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamza7 View Post
WOW. You've seen 1 in Karachi, I've only seen a R34 in Karachi and I know of someone who has RR Phantom in Karachi.
yeah i snapped a pic of it